EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
PayJ567 said:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.
That, that, that. And our FIRST attack on COD? Hmmmm.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Well, Bad Company hands MW2 it's ass as far as multiplayer is concerned, that's for sure.

My only wish is, as a single player junkie, that I get my fill of the campaign, especially after the first one as... Well... Lacking.
[sub]But let's hope it's as funny as the first as well. :D[/sub]
OptimusHagrid said:
They could make Timesplitters 4. Pull it off right and it could be the dominant online console shooter.
EA, listen to this man. The multiplayer in TS:FP was EXCELLENT, and taking that online is nothing but a good idea.
Not only that, but I'm dying for some more Cortez-inspired hilarity.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I like how Battlefield seems way more balanced and smooth than the mmo-fps over there - call me modern warfare 2-

We'll see..

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
god people, except some flaws. all I see is "LOLOL WM2 SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXZZZZOORRRZZZZZZZ!!!111ONEONEONE" not what this is about which is "that will fail." sorry, just tired of everything going back to MW2 suxoring/being awesomer than everything ever.

anyway, I will buy this game already, if only to support the great first one and to tell them to make more games like it. the game looks good so far, but if the only reason they will make it is to flip the bird to infinity ward, than they lost at least some sails, including mine.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Kalezian said:
[1] you missed the point, BC didnt have those things unlike every game out in the market, and it gets annoying since I mainly play a sniper in most maps. While I agree about the shield part, MW2 actually does those better, since you can shoot down the plane, and sniping really consists of getting to the hghest point and hoping no one saw you climbing, unlike in BC, where its crouch behind a rock [since, you know, in the future humans have devloved to the point we cant lay down] and attempt to hit someone in the head, since hitting central mass does nothing. im pretty sure if you got hit with this:

note, the one on the far left is the 12.7x99mm.

Im pretty sure you would die if you were shot in the chest with that, not being able to run a hundred yards behind a rock and instantly inject heroin magic into your bloodstream and instantly heal all your wounds.
Ah, thought you were implying the existence of those things was a bad thing. THAT said, while the lack of prone isn't good, it's not crucial/can live with it, specially in a game that looks as fast paced as BC2.

On the other hand, the Sniper rifle seems to take down people in one shot just fine, if you shoot in the head.

Yes, I'm well aware a 12.7x99mm anti-material round (a.k.a. .50 BMG round) should clear straight through level 3 kevlar plating like a hot cleaver through warm butter. It's created to clear through armored personnel carrier. But gameplay > realism. As far as gameplay goes, snipers should always one-hit-kill with a headshot, but not with a body shot, or in the hands of a good player they make every other weapon obsolete.

As for healing, as long as it's limited, seems pretty legitimate for a game. Remember, gameplay > realism.

Kalezian said:
[2] FYI: most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you atleast pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"

you see how it gets annoying, had they just scraped that idea then maybe I would think higher of the multiplayer in it.
Ventrillo. Team speak.

But to be fair, didn't someone just mention that was entirely optional?

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Kalezian said:
Most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.
This thing fixed that.

This is where I really believe the impetuous behind gamepads is a bad thing. There simply aren't enough buttons! In the battlefield games for PC, you had two of these. One tactical, and one general. There were around twenty different commands in all, ranging from "I need backup" and "MEDIC!!" to "Enemy Spotted" and "I need a ride!"[footnote]And you know what? People obliged. If you were a lone soldier stuck out in the middle of nowhere because your transport was shot down, it was very likely that you'd get a lift very quickly. People just played as a team so much more. Even the snipers spotted things.[/footnote]. On a gamepad there simply isn't enough buttons. That's a feature that's been cut to accommodate the gamepads, and it's a terrible omission. Now we're stuck with the retarded spotting system and no way to communicate outside of your squad.

I just hope they prove me wrong.

Hotshots

Dec 8, 2009
Its about time someone took a stand to that over rated first person grind-fest.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
EA has pulled some stupid moves but it'd only be worse if Activsion did it. Then half the game would be DLC

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"The shooter space is one we don't want to give up. It's an important genre and we were the number one,"
When the hell was EA "Number one" in shooters? Anyways bad company 2's multiplayer will have to be waaaaaaaaay better than the first ones if it even wants to touch MW2. Unless they overhaul it completely I don't think it'll be up to standards.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hopefully this takes down Call of Duty once and for all. My once favorite game series has turned into a generic brown-and-gray kiddie fest like all the other games.

I agree when they say if anyone can do it, DICE can. Battlefield 2, 1943, and Bad Company are the only games by them I own and every single one of them are just great.

Aug 13, 2008
what always annoyed me was how modern warfare is always attributed to being the first proper game about modern warfare

it's like everyone just forgets about battlefield modern combat and writes ea off as ripping of ifinity ward who have about as many original ideas as a box of cheerios

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
what always annoyed me was how modern warfare is always attributed to being the first proper game about modern warfare

it's like everyone just forgets about battlefield modern combat and writes ea off as ripping of ifinity ward who have about as many original ideas as a box of cheerios
ProfessorLayton said:
Hopefully this takes down Call of Duty once and for all. My once favorite game series has turned into a generic brown-and-gray kiddie fest like all the other games.

I agree when they say if anyone can do it, DICE can. Battlefield 2, 1943, and Bad Company are the only games by them I own and every single one of them are just great.
Don't even get me started. I think the Battlefield games are the best games I've ever played. Mainly 2 and 2142, as those are the ones I got really involved in. Squad leading be fun.

0z0wen

Feb 11, 2009
There won't be a fight between MF2 and BF:BC2.
Bad company will destroy modern warfare 2

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Weird how anything successful will by definition have people hating it only because it is successful, such as MW2.

Also weird that EA wants to fight MW2 with an existing franchise instead of starting a new one.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Well I still say Bad Copmpany 1 is better then COD 4. (Its is however to outdated to better COD 6) So hopefully if done right this game can make the Battlefield Franchise #1 again in the world of the FPS.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
In that gameplay video on the DICE site, the playermodel's arms look like a bear suit :3

OT: I don't know, i think we've really hit a peak with these modern-setting shooters. THere will be more released, but in terms of content and gameplay i don't really see how the can differentiate themselves anymore.