EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

DC1

Jun 8, 2009
I saw silencers on some guns from the first game. Is there weapon customization?

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Carlston said:
How bout you guys not try and one up your clone games to be like the other and make one stand out over the other?

Ya know. Like real competion? There are so many FPS clones out there...What will the game breaking gimmick be? As we know what fails...
Maybe you should ya know. Actually play a battlefield game, leading squads around open maps while players hop in tanks and aircraft and bombard eachother is nothing like ya know. Modern Warfare.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Dark Templar said:
dommyuk said:
Coaxill said:
Bad company 2 is without a doubt better than MW2 but I still hate EA. I will support IW to the end no matter what stupid shit they pull.
Despite them reducing the quality of your gaming experience, you'll let them walk all over you?
That would be true if we supported EA.

Lesser evil= Modern warfare imo.
Yeah, because ActiBlizz is the lesser evil. They raise game prices, pump sequels out at a dizzying rate and then tell you to fuck off if you don't like it.

In the last three years, EA has brought out franchises such as Dead Space, Brutal Legend and Rock Band, revamped the Fight Night series, and published L4D and Spore.

What exactly has Activision done? The bought Blizzard and they sequel the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises. For the life of me, I can't think of anything else that publisher is doing.

If it wasn't for their purchase of Blizzard, I doubt Acti would be the juggernaut that it is.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
Carlston said:
How bout you guys not try and one up your clone games to be like the other and make one stand out over the other?

Ya know. Like real competion? There are so many FPS clones out there...What will the game breaking gimmick be? As we know what fails...
Maybe you should ya know. Actually play a battlefield game, leading squads around open maps while players hop in tanks and aircraft and bombard each other is nothing like ya know. Modern Warfare.
Still, give a corp dipstick a idea and they tend to go right back to thinking in qa box while spouting corp buzz words of being outside it. They like non-original, nonnew ideas to pool from.

And in my experience letting corperate make a choice on their own is bout as smart as leaving a turn on plasma torch in the hands of a retarded pyromaniac lobotomy patient with the weak side of the stroke effected body is reaching out to the torch... and they are on a small hill of freshly thrown away gas cans, all full....next to napalm. "Ohh money rolls in when we are safe and do whatever one else does..." wuff another franchise up in flames.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
It's amazing how far ahead /v/ is from the news and so forth. For weeks people have been saying BF:BC2 would slaughter MW2, and I think it could be pulled off. The game looks far better to play, and it's not about HURRDURR SPRAY 1 HIT DEAD.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
i played BF1 online. my god, it was so damn laggy. And the story wasnt that immersing. I Didnt care about them.

MW1 on the other hand, i almost cried at the end. Same With MW2.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

When Gaz And roach died. :(

AND price could easily kill Shepherd. Pisstake TBH.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
ToastBuster said:
Kalezian said:
Caliostro said:
[1]
Kalezian said:
snip

Kalezian said:
snip

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you at least pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"
snip
There's an unwritten rule in the Battlefield franchise that if you want a ride in someones vehicle you shoot it for a bit while he/she's driving, it rarely does any damage so its generally fine.

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Wait wait what? bad company? I think i played that game. Didn't that one suck?!? like reaaaally suck?

It had a lame infinite spawning system so you could die whenever and everythign you killed would be dead. You could run in shoot 2 people, die. Run back in etc.
Also when you were hurt you could use a magic medic injection. So you could just keep running through enemey fire, while injecting yourself.
And last but not least you had a silly repair gun that could repair moving tanks only by drilling into any part of the tank.

It's that game right? Did it have awesome multiplier cos i seem to be missing something.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The battlefield series has always beena strong one, since BF2 even pub games made players play sortof like teams, which is really impressive (getting random online people of which most are loudmouth ass-holes to work togeather that is)

What i also about the BF series is how it rewards teamplay. Take BF2 for insatnce, you don't need more than 3 dudes working togeather with headsets to near-dominate a map in a pub game, even if their "shooter-skills" aren't over the top or anything.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
FloodOne said:
Dark Templar said:
dommyuk said:
Coaxill said:
Bad company 2 is without a doubt better than MW2 but I still hate EA. I will support IW to the end no matter what stupid shit they pull.
Despite them reducing the quality of your gaming experience, you'll let them walk all over you?
That would be true if we supported EA.

Lesser evil= Modern warfare imo.
Yeah, because ActiBlizz is the lesser evil. They raise game prices, pump sequels out at a dizzying rate and then tell you to fuck off if you don't like it.

In the last three years, EA has brought out franchises such as Dead Space, Brutal Legend and Rock Band, revamped the Fight Night series, and published L4D and Spore.

What exactly has Activision done? The bought Blizzard and they sequel the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises. For the life of me, I can't think of anything else that publisher is doing.

If it wasn't for their purchase of Blizzard, I doubt Acti would be the juggernaut that it is.
Do you remember ANY of the DRM nonsense EA put gamers thru? Like any of it?

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
Bad Company two is THE ( would bold it but I don't know how) most beautiful game I have ever seen. And I was impressed by the first. One another note I liked Bad Company One's multiplayer a lot more than I liked Modern Warfare's. Maybe it was because of the fact that instead of obnoxious potty mouthed 6 year olds you have people with cool English accents talking to you or the fact there are fewer elitist douche bags but the whole experience was just better. I'm definitely getting BC2 and might not get MW2

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
PayJ567 said:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.
That wouldn't do a thing. Because there is (Unfortunately) no way that BC2 will outsell MW2 overall. Sure the PC controversies will be a thing to laugh at but then infinity ward will sit back and say, "You may have won the PC fight but we have "nuked" you in the sales war."

Also I am disappointed with MW2, sure I love it but the game is to far from realistic now.
Infinity Ward, are you trying to be more like Halo? Because everything is starting to get very toyish...next thing you know we will have some plasticy weapons with unrealistic attachments pew pew pewing there way in firefights.

Wait...SCAR-H with a Heartbeat sensor maybe?

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Ranooth said:
Hmmm, i like Medal Of Honor, but i also like Call of Duty. But which one is better?

There's only one way to find out..............[HEADING=1]FIGHT![/HEADING]
... and the results are in and it seems that... battlefield has won!

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Oh hey, my friend really likes Bad Company! If he gets it I'll have to borrow it and check it out. (or if I have money left over I'll get it)

The more games, the better, until you reach a point like in a negative absolute value graph, and it all goes downhill.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Rule #1 of Battlefield: You do not talk about Bad Company 1.
Rule #2 of Battlefield: You do NOT talk about Bad Company 1!

This looks like the game Battlefield fans have been waiting for; the true successor to Battlefield 2, not the game-that-was-actually-a-mod 2142, the console games, nor the cartoon called Battlefield Heroes.

However, I'm not preordering simply because of the disaster-fest that was Bad Company 1. I may be breaking rules 1 and 2, but damn that game sucked. As do most console FPS, but seriously... Wew.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I love how a few years ago EA were the evil ones of the business.....then there was Bobby Kotick.

Anyways i hope Battlefield Bad Company 2 does give IW a run for their money (which is quite alot)