EA Still Confident in BioWare

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
El Danny said:
Am I seriously the only person that not only enjoyed Dragon Age 2 and Mass effect 3, but thought they were both absolutely incredible games that showed a great deal of astounding work was put into?

I still put the Dragon Age games as my favorite RPGs of all time.

Captcha: love-hate
This thing is creepy.
Most of us fucking LOVED Mass Effect 3, EXCEPT the last ten minutes where literally hundreds of hours of fantastic gameplay is discredited and banished to the realm of shit.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
Has this free DLC that "fixes" Mass Effect 3 been released already? Is it safe to buy/play yet?
Yes, make sure to download all free dlc after you install the game. Its much improved, the game is altogether great now ;-)

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Dendio said:
Tiamat666 said:
Has this free DLC that "fixes" Mass Effect 3 been released already? Is it safe to buy/play yet?
Yes, make sure to download all free dlc after you install the game. Its much improved, the game is altogether great now ;-)
I just wish I could forget the FIRST ending. I mean, I spent MONTHS angry and bitter and sad and upset and disappointed after that first gut-punch.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
That's nice
Won't stop every single game bio ware is now involved in from having a four point conversation dial, pointless good vs bad system, narrative choices that won't effect the end game whatsoever and more shallow romances.
Something about bioware has been dead for a while now
Maybe it was all the talented writers seeing DA2 and running away screaming

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Unless there were rumors of EA intending to shut down Bioware, how is this news?
What is there to discuss? It's just a continuation of the Status-quo.

Both companies have a tarnished reputation in light of recent events, but ultimately: EA owns Bioware, Bioware makes games for EA.

I don't get it. *shrugs*

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fappy said:
"You guys are doing great, right Greg and Ray?"

"Uh, yeah sure... can you point that gun away from my head now?"

It's hard for me to share Moore's enthusiasm >.>
Ahhhh Fappy, my dear friend, been a while since we've been in direct communication. :p

Seems to me that Moore is just saying what has already been made evident: say what you want about Bioware, they ARE/HAVE taken steps to fix what fans didn't like about their games. We haven't had a chance to see if they'll get rid of all the things people didn't like about DA2, but it certainly seems like they're trying to rework TOR (don't have it, so I can really only go by what I hear on the matter) and they DEFINITELY took steps to remedy the situation with ME3 (say what you want about the EC, it still shows that they did something about all the criticism they received rather than simply shrugging it off, saying "oh well", and moving on to the next project).

Perhaps I'm just an eternal optimist, but I just can't bring myself to hate Bioware. I still have faith in their work, and can't wait to see Dragon Age 3 (especially if the rumors about it as posted here in an article a few days ago turn out to be true).

The above comments were writen by someone who genuinely enjoyed DA 2 despite it's large list of flaws due to having an understanding of the story that it seems few others have. The above comments were also writen by someone who was simply disappointed with the original ending to ME 3, not out-right raging, and thought that the EC was perfect, allowing Mass Effect to solidify itself as his Greatest Game Series of All Time, without question. If that makes me a "Bioware Fanboy", then fuck you, I guess I'm a Fanboy. :p

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
Quiotu said:
Honestly, is this really surprising? Someone want to throw out another EA developer that's been doing even marginally well? Who else is there... Visceral? Maxis? Popcap? Last game of theirs that wasn't Bioware I was looking forward to was SSX. Next one I'm looking forward to is Overstrike... and when the hell is Insomniac gonna finish up that one?

They've had some horrid luck with their games recently... APB, BulletStorm, Hellgate: London, Kingdoms of Amalur, Syndicate, Spore... I have a feeling they'll need to shrink and consolidate here pretty soon before someone buys them out and does it for them.
I may be the odd one out but I enjoyed both bulletstorm and even syndicate. and like jim said I am not going to punish the developer for what the publishers do, I almost (almost) feel sorry for ea, no matter what they say people turn it into something different just so they can hate on ea, there is not liking EA (they have done some pretty bad stuff) but this has just gotten to the point of ridiculous. Yes I hate origin but a simple solution is to buy a physical pc copy of there game and then use a crack, that way they see people buying there games but not using the service

And the extended cut could have been a whole lot better but at the same time we should be grateful that bioware did that, but yet many people seem to just spit it back in there faces.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Dear EA,
Of course you have "confidence" in Bioware, since they've been doing what you suggest.

I hope you realise, in your boardroom meetings, that every failure they've had in the past 18 months were likely entirely your fault.

Sincerely,
You fucking suck.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Tombfyre said:
Now I wonder what would happen if somebody asked if Bioware still had any confidence in EA...
Ah, that's what I was about to say.

I think if EA really did have confidence in Bioware, they wouldn't set ridiculous time limits. They would know that the end product would be awesome and so they would give them the appropriate time. Sure, a publisher has to push sometimes, but not to the EA extent. Oop, went off on a little rant there. My mistake.

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
From a business' view point it makes sense for EA to have faith in Bioware, they've made them a metric shit-ton of cash (that's a scientific measurement), all the games released while under EA ownership have sold well* though there has been a fan backlash. Add in all the DLC and the F2P aspect of ME3 multiplayer and Bioware is probably the top earner outside of EA Sports which is a license to print money.

*This does include SWTOR, which sold well enough and last long enough to earn back the cost of development, though it won't be printing money for them or killing WoW, and their monitaization(sp?) plan for the F2P sucks and isn't likely to earn them much more then they are already earning off it.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
people taking these comments HORRENDOUSLY out of context and once again doing the same old song and dance they've been doing for way too long. I'm still wondering what Bioware is going to do next; ME is finished and DA can't be their only franchise. I say we need to go back to the Jade Empire.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i think ?A wants to say is, "bioware is doing great because they still follow our instruction wile we hold a gun on their heads".

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
4173 said:
elilupe said:
Fanghawk said:
WHAT?
Ok. So, first of all, Moore just said, 'Our games being mediocre at best is not the problem that keeps them from being accepted by gamers.', which is obviously incredibly untrue, and second of all, how does he differentiate between "the products themselves" and "certain game elements"? Aren't the "game elements" what make up the game, i.e., the "product"?
I think what it translates as is "we conceive of games that people are really excited to play, but then fuck-up the execution."
Yeah, I do suppose I can see that, he made it a bit obscure in that quote. I officially rescind my point.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Of course EA's still confident in Bioware, they're still making money off of them.
Still some milk to be drained from the Bioware cow.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Dexter111 said:
Fact: You never come out and say that nothing is wrong if there is indeed nothing wrong, there wouldn't be the need for a statement like this in the first place...
Yes. I'm sure it was a random statement and not a response to an interview question. Nah, can never be the logical answer that makes sense, because we always have to find a way to demonize EA.