EA to Release Medal of Honor Multiplayer Beta to Clear up Controversy

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
dathwampeer said:
The Taliban are no more evil than any one else.

They're just a group of people fighting for what they think is a just cause. There should be no controversy here.
Yea, like the Nazis.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
JWAN said:
dathwampeer said:
The Taliban are no more evil than any one else.

They're just a group of people fighting for what they think is a just cause. There should be no controversy here.
Yea, like the Nazis.
Have the Taliban systematically murdered millions of people in concentration camps?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I'd love to see how they're going to make it respectful. Every time someone dies the games stops and a minute's silence is held to remember those we have lost.

All respect will go out the window once people start teabagging eachother.

Nukeforyou

Mar 26, 2010
i hope they fixed the bugs from the earlier beta... u'd crash for getting a kill points reward as terrorist.. so u had to not do good

I think you could avoid it by getting a knife kill to go over to the next tier but it was annoying.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
You know... normally I would be more supportive of a developer that has the guts to take this kind of risk but... its Medal of Honor... so... the Taliban in the single player campaign will probably be popping out of an underground doom fortress, have a few Yohan GasMasks running around (for no bloody reason), and just do everything they can to skullfuck any kind of "realism" or "accuracy".

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
I often forget that many others don't have the same grasp over language (English) that I do, as evident with my 'expensive' vocabulary =]

I think you got the message I was conveying, though.

thenumberthirteen said:
All respect will go out the window once people start teabagging eachother.
Gold!

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Javex said:
This is assuming that the beta doesn't crash on them! :p
Exactly.

I have the beta on my computer and I have only played it once. Extremely buggy at the moment. But not only that the gameplay was very boring and bland. Been there and done that. Twice. With COD and BF:BC2.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Irridium said:
Christemo said:
just because they shoot us troops... the US marines have killed 20 times more taliban than they have lost marines themselves, and they call this disrespect.

i will never understand America, it just doesnt make a shred of sense.
Its not all of the US, its mostly the politicians and people who don't really understand games. Most soldiers seem to be fine with it, at least from what I've seen and heard.
thats true. tbh america hasnt had a good leader since lincoln. even clinton wasnt completely awesome.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
It's funny to see just how effective the "let's to something controversial" method of gaining free publicity has been pretty successful lately.

Especially to certain developers making modern reboots of their previously WWII-only shooters.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Scrythe said:
It's funny to see just how effective the "let's to something controversial" method of gaining free publicity has been pretty successful lately.

Especially to certain developers making modern reboots of their previously WWII-only shooters.
Yes, but Modern Warfare used fictional factions in their reboot -- a distinction which seems to make a huge difference to people. Why? I'm not sure, but that's not the point. Taking into account how malleable voters are when it comes to political statements, I'm not sure this is the kind of publicity that helps EA's marketing.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
I'm surprised my lovely government hasn't made an issue with MoH. Oh wait, we deciding whether we should pull out because we hit magic number 21 casualties.

I will never forgive the Liberal Party for sending us to and fro with poor American foreign policy. Or the Labor Party, for deciding one man's rightful place in parliament did not suit their political survival. Ah, my sunburnt country.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Autofaux said:
I'm surprised my lovely government hasn't made an issue with MoH. Oh wait, we deciding whether we should pull out because we hit magic number 21 casualties.

I will never forgive the Liberal Party for sending us to and fro with poor American foreign policy. Or the Labor Party, for deciding one man's rightful place in parliament did not suit their political survival. Ah, my sunburnt country.
Big ears, and red hair say: "yes we can!".

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Still Life said:
Scrythe said:

Yes, but Modern Warfare used fictional factions in their reboot -- a distinction which seems to make a huge difference to people. Why? I'm not sure, but that's not the point. Taking into account how malleable voters are when it comes to political statements, I'm not sure this is the kind of publicity that helps EA's marketing.
I'm not to familiar with regions outside my country, but I'm pretty sure Russia isn't fictional.

I suppose the U.S. and Russia taking potshots at each other isn't nearly as offensive as, say, the U.S. and the Taliban taking potshots at each other.

Sarcasm aside, I guess you could lump this entire "controversy" under the category of "people will ***** about damn near anything". The funny part about this, is that I played with a local scenario paintball group that does "U.S. vs al-Queda" mockups all the time, and none of them get offended, despite a good number of them were stationed in Afganistan during the war.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Scrythe said:
I'm not to familiar with regions outside my country, but I'm pretty sure Russia isn't fictional.
An ultra-nationalist political/military movement which plunges Russia into civil war? I wasn't referring to MW2.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
As opposed to the veterans who might be offended from watching their grandson get blown to pieces by a Nazi friend over XBOX Live?

I call severe bullshit.

... and narrow mindedness.