Early screening of Justice League deem it 'unwatchable'

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So it turns out Wonder Woman may be the exception rather than the new rule for DC movies. To be fair this isn't fans or critics, but suits. Warner Bros saw a cut of the movie and absolutely hated it, citing pacing issues, a dark tone, and problems with Cyborg.
Massive recuts and edits are being undertaken. This isn't good. Suicide Squad failed miserably because of edits from the suits and now it looks like Justice League is falling to the same butcher's block.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/early-cut-justice-league-deemed-unwatchable-substantial-changes-made/

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I thought there was already Massive Reshoots going on when Joss Wheadon stepped in?

I also heard the movie will be 3 hours long.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
I thought there was already Massive Reshoots going on when Joss Wheadon stepped in?

This is apparently after the reshoots. Its still unwatchable

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What makes them think it won't be even more unwatchable with thier interference? After what happened to Suicide Squad?

So Pacing Issues, even with all the reshoots and changes this movie has to introduce Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, The New God Steppenwolf's invasion of the world, and Superman's Return and than some. I think you need 4 hours to tell this story.

Dark Tone, I prefer a Dark Tone because I am not a little kid anymore and because I read Vertigo Comics and Watchmen. And most definitively do not want another Marvel esque tone, and Joss Wheadon's involvement is not doing any favors. And its baffling because WB wanted their DC movies to be dark like the Nolan Batman movies, everything about Man of Steel is made to be like Batman Begins, now they are saying they don't want a Dark tone because Money.

Cyborg, I guess its because from the trailers he's not the "BOOYAH" shouting teen and more like his New 52 personality. (As far as I read of him in the first Justice League issue)

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What makes them think it won't be even more unwatchable with thier interference? After what happened to Suicide Squad?

So Pacing Issues, even with all the reshoots and changes this movie has to introduce Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, The New God Steppenwolf's invasion of the world, and Superman's Return and than some. I think you need 4 hours to tell this story.

Dark Tone, I prefer a Dark Tone because I am not a little kid anymore and because I read Vertigo Comics and Watchmen. And most definitively do not want another Marvel esque tone, and Joss Wheadon's involvement is not doing any favors. And its baffling because WB wanted their DC movies to be dark like the Nolan Batman movies, everything about Man of Steel is made to be like Batman Begins, now they are saying they don't want a Dark tone because Money.

Cyborg, I guess its because from the trailers he's not the "BOOYAH" shouting teen and more like his New 52 personality. (As far as I read of him in the first Justice League issue)
Honestly I couldn't tell you what they're doing.
Pacing issues I can understand being a general concern.
Dark tone, likewise. Lets not forget these are adaptations of kid's power fantasy cartoons. Batman is a man dressing as a bat for fucks sake! Aqua Man can talk to fish and Wonder woman is a bdsm fantasy character given a backstory! There's only so much 'dark' and 'serious' the story can take.
Cyborg, like you, I have no idea what the issue is. Maybe its too racist, or not racist enough, or he never has a big moment, or he's just kinda...there.
And maybe the whole green lantern thing is a sticking point.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Oh dear, the suits are getting involved. This can only end poorly.

Jan 27, 2011
Dammit and I just got done with my bowl of popcorn.

I had only the flimsiest of hopes that this movie would be "alright", now even that seems insane to hope for.

Oh well.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
....ooooor it could simply be he looks like shit in the clips we've seen, and continues to look very fake and out of place compared to everyone else.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Happyninja42 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
....ooooor it could simply be he looks like shit in the clips we've seen, and continues to look very fake and out of place compared to everyone else.
I am indifferent to it because honestly I never cared for Cyborg's design in any incarnation.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Strangely enough I don't see any other news sites reporting on the samething to prove this is true from the Google Search Results I have seen. Most of them concern that the ending to the movie has been redone because the original one ended on a cliff hanger.

Probably a left over of the Justice League Part One when the movies was gonna be in 2 parts.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1691290/how-the-justice-league-reshoots-may-have-changed-the-movies-ending

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Silentpony said:
Suicide Squad failed miserably because of edits from the suits...
I'm not convinced of that narrative. While I'm generally not a fan of businessmen telling artists how to do their job, Suicide Squad's problems seemed to be much deeper than the edits.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
A dc movie with pacing issues???? Say it isn't so!

It's what happens when you try to jump ahead several movies and introduce like 3 major characters in 2 hours.

Look. I'll give dc credit if they do one thing.

Have cyborg say Booyah

That's it. Do it.
This is Snyderverse, nothing resembling fun is allowed.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Sounds better then I'd thought it would be already. 'Unwatchable' is a tier above 're-inacts the Ark scene from Indiana Jones'.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Pyrian said:
Silentpony said:
Suicide Squad failed miserably because of edits from the suits...
I'm not convinced of that narrative. While I'm generally not a fan of businessmen telling artists how to do their job, Suicide Squad's problems seemed to be much deeper than the edits.
There were a lot of plotholes and throw away lines that seemed completely random, but were actually problems fro editing. Remember how the zombies were supposed to be afraid of Flag? Yeah, neither does anyone else 'cause they cut that entire thing from the movie.

Likewise the scenes with Katana and the souls of people in the sword. Or Will Smith finding out a bunch of shit about the Suicide Squad that's already been shown a dozen times. Or how what's her face was able to kill her entire team of tech working with the suicide squad, even though none of them had been cleared to even know about the squad, let alone work in the HQ.

The whole movie was a mess of hacked together editing.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Happyninja42 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I am indifferent to it because honestly I never cared for Cyborg's design in any incarnation.

I'm just saying, no need to jump to some racially based reason like "he's acting too black" or "not black enough for our demographics" when "He visually looks like shit no matter how we do it" is more than enough reason.

I mean, just look at the shots of him in any of the trailers. They are terrible.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Silentpony said:
Massive recuts and edits are being undertaken. This isn't good. Suicide Squad failed miserably because of edits from the suits and now it looks like Justice League is falling to the same butcher's block.
Wrong, Suicide Squid (Intentional misspelling, not typo) was recut because it was terrible. It failed because you can't polish a turd.
What did people expect?
It was handled most of the way by the hack behind Man O' Steel, and Bateman V. Ubermensch V. Board of Education, and then the rest of the way by the guy who turned what should have been exciting superhero crossovers into a dumb action movie with terrible connective tissue.