Earworms and you

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Whenever I battle an earworm, I try to replace it with one of two earworms I never get sick of:

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
My present ear worm is yet another Steam Powered Giraffe song.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Oh dear heavens, let me tell you about my last week.

<spoiler=WARNING: INSANITY ENCLOSED><youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg&autoplay=1>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=aktLRiWXfqg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

<youtube=qBDnHZNbjCg>

Life is pain.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Made the mistake of going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show over the weekend (a local theatre plays it like every month for some reason, and I got suckered into going)...

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Ear worms tend to get stuck in your head because your brain wants to complete their pattern. Tracking down a file of it and listening to it on loop for a few hours will get your brain used to the pattern and desensitise you to it.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
A certain song haunts me. For three years and more, the turning of 13 seasons, its words linger in my mind waiting for release to my consciousness. A jovial song, put forth by painted sprites; of seasons change and coming warmth that both hides and strengthens its insidious nature. My wife, devil woman, with innocent eyes and mocking smile knows she must only utter one line of its thrice cursed chorus to give it days, weeks, of unholy life again.

Just six words.

Three words, spoken twice.

The horror begins anew.

The horror... [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJ94uw05KQ]

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I often get guitar riffs stuck in my head and always struggle to remember what band its from, and then what song. Lyrics? Not so much. It's pretty much exclusively guitar riffs for me, which can actually make it harder to figure out where it's from.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Oh my god yes. Earworms are near constant for me. One in particular:

(Surprised no one posted that yet)

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Dark Horse gets stuck in my head a bunch, but that's because I really like the Bart Baker parody of it.

I have a real problem with earworms, mostly because I will know the song and be unable to get it (or them) out of my head but chances are I know the song is kinda or fully bad (i.e "I Knew You Were Trouble", "23", "Feelin' Myself" or "Bitches Love Me").

Right now my head keeps skipping between Corona's "Rhythm of the Night" and Lady Gaga's "G.U.Y" (though "Venus" is heard a lot because it's in the video), because those songs have some mad choruses, yo. GTA V for the former, additionally.