EA's E3 Event Will Feature New Star Wars Battlefront, New Need for Speed Among Others

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
EA's E3 Event Will Feature New Star Wars Battlefront, New Need for Speed Among Others

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1391/1391253.jpgEA has revealed some of the games you'll be able to get your hands on at its EA Play event just before E3 2017.

We already know that EA doesn't plan to have a booth at E3 2017, but it will be in LA at its own event: EA Play [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169325-EA-Will-Not-Have-a-Booth-at-E3-2017]. Yesterday, the company announced some of the games attendees to that event will be able to check out, as well as how you can get tickets.

The event will have a number of games to show off, and although EA hasn't revealed the full list, it's started off with some of its largest franchises. Attendees will be to get hands-on time with the next Star Wars: Battlefront, as well as the newest installment in the Need for Speed series. EA also mentioned that its annual sports titles will be there, including Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18. There will be more games at the event, but EA is holding out saying that it will "have more to share in the coming months."

EA Play will be held at the Hollywood Palladium June 10-12, and if you want to attend, you should probably clear April 20 on your calendar, at least around 12 PM ET. That's when tickets will be made available, although EA has yet to detail exactly how that process will work. If you want to keep up with all the announcements, you can sign up for updates on the EA Play website [https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017].

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
What self-respecting entertainment connoisseur would admit to paying for entrance to an EA advertisement? Do press members get told to go to these also?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've got my fingers crossed that Need for Speed at least will be hastily ported to the Switch given how well it seems to be doing at the moment. The Wii U got a Need for Speed after all so I don't see this being a bridge too far.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Join us in Los Angeles for an evening of dramatic pauses, pre-rendered trailers, canned applause, sequels, micro transactions, micro transactions and special guest stars micro transactions!

Of course they could announce something exciting like Battlefield 2143, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the world to end.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
fix-the-spade said:
Join us in Los Angeles for an evening of dramatic pauses, pre-rendered trailers, canned applause, sequels, micro transactions, micro transactions and special guest stars micro transactions!

Of course they could announce something exciting like Battlefield 2143, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the world to end.
Pff This is nothing compared to what Ubisoft has planned. They have all that plus watchtowers AND band jokes.
Edit: meant bad jokes but now I gotta think about Ubisoft themed bands.
The Sequels with their hitsongs: "Can buy me cosmetics", "All you need is cash" and "Hey Uplay"

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
It will be truly sad when they announce "Star Wars Battlefront 2".

The final pile of mud kicked onto the corpse of Pandemic.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So they have nothing interesting.

Xsjadoblayde said:
Do press members get told to go to these also?
Pretty much, yes. I would bet money on the fact they got something to unviel there and someones gotta be on the ground to produce a write up and collect those sweet, sweet clicks.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
About the only thing that interests me is Star Wars Battlefront. Please be closer to the original Battlefront 2. Galactic Conquest would be great. Especially if I can team up with friends (never play GC versus).

Xsjadoblayde said:
What self-respecting entertainment connoisseur would admit to paying for entrance to an EA advertisement? Do press members get told to go to these also?
Aren't all of these expos just advertisements? Isn't that all E3 is?

bladestorm91

Mar 18, 2015
All I'm hoping for is that one day, people stop buying those shitty ass EA sports games. Literally the only things keeping EA afloat.

Sep 24, 2008
...as well as the newest installment in the Need for Speed series.

Please, EA. PLEASE tell us how always online is essential to bring out the true gaming experience of the game, how it's needed to give us more... And basically doing nothing since may 2016. Casually leave out how the game was abandon barely a year from release with no real fixes or patches to the game before leaving. Then tell us how much of a success and how gamers have been extolling how fun it is to always be able to find their friends online and ignore the plethora of threads and forums almost devoted to giving your last Need for Speed an offline patch because your servers are actually hurting their experience!

I'm being so sarcastic here, but I actually mean it. I want them to say that the next game is going to be always online. I want to see the complete disconnect that EA seems to have with reality. Because I want to laugh so hard over it.