Editor's Note: A Wrinkle in Time

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
A Wrinkle in Time

In this week's issue of The Escapist, we look at what videogames have to say about the passage of time, from sunrises and sunsets to temporally-distorted gunplay.

Read Full Article

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
One of my favorite uses of time passage is in TES IV:Oblivion. Each NPC, no matter how insignificant, had its own little schedule. You want to buy spells from a certain Mage's Guild member? You have to wait until this time, on this day of the week. This NPC is in an entirely different city on these days of the month.

Little things like that made them seem a tad more realistic, instead of the homogeneous dullards who spout the same dialogue into infinity.

Silly_Billy

Jul 29, 2009
Mookie_Magnus said:
One of my favorite uses of time passage is in TES IV:Oblivion. Each NPC, no matter how insignificant, had its own little schedule. You want to buy spells from a certain Mage's Guild member? You have to wait until this time, on this day of the week. This NPC is in an entirely different city on these days of the month.

Little things like that made them seem a tad more realistic, instead of the homogeneous dullards who spout the same dialogue into infinity.
Yes, but it does come with difficulties such as locating someone who moves all over on the days of the week.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
About Oblivion, I didn't want to quote, but I'd have to agree. I love the way each shopkeeper opens up at each time every day, specific to the shopkeeper.