Editor's Note Escapist Magazine Volume 2: Issue 0

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Editor's Note Escapist Magazine Volume 2: Issue 0

Escapist Magazine was intended to be timeless, in the way of all finely crafted things. Even if video games are about what's next or new, what fascinates us with them will never die. Now, as we bend inexorably into our own next newness, we take a look back.

Read Full Article

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Republishing from the archive? That sounds promising. I'm kinda curious of what I missed back then.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Definitely developed a library of gems over the years. I read the written content increasingly from 2010 on but I know there is much that I missed. Also preserve them games folks!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
*steps out of their hut made of the scraps of singed forum posts and decaying webcomics* We knew you'd come back for us!

Mar 30, 2010
Sounds good, man. Lookin' forward to lookin' backward!

Sorry, that sounded flippant. What I meant was it'll be good to revisit the articles that drew me here in the first place.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Neat. Wasn't around during first years of the Escapist, so I'm curious to see what the big talking points of the time were.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Now, personally I don't care about the Escapist way back when, but bringing back old material and making it easily available is a good thing, because there's always someone that does.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
I would like to thank you for doing this.

Really, I do. I don't know what the future holds but I do hope if nothing this, this Volume 2 will show people why we came here and more importantly why we stayed.

I wish you the best and I look forward to seeing the new content :D

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Holy Crap, an actual message from someone on staff on the front page of the Escapist.

I honestly can't remember the last time that happened. Please keep it up. Don't be like Defy and just let things happen and then not tell anyone.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Thank you. That was well written and really struck a cord with me. Also, I?m looking forward to re-publishings and new publishings alike. It?s good to see the site back in the hands of someone that cares again.
(That?s not meant as a slight to the mods who?ve kept the site going, it?s in reference to the previous owners...)

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Are you back, Russ?
Good to hear The Escapist still has life in it left!!!
Been here daily sinds Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation Guitar Hero III review. ;)

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
Welcome back! I've referred people to the "cheating my way through college" several times when I've had to explain why I cheat in single player games.

Escapist, for me, has been a weird site - it's the site where a lot of talented people started off and were more or less let go (with various degrees of drama). Still glad it's still around.

I hope you get it back on track.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I think that should be wane, not wain. Good to see things going up/back up though.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
busterkeatonrules said:
So... Where are we going?
Back in the saddle, to adventure!

AND BEYOOOOND!

OT: I've stopped looking into this site for a while and decided to peek at it out of curiosity, glad I did so I could see the article.
I'm curious as to what the future brings, perhaps I'll dare to dream the Escapist may be revived.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Welcome back Russ. I guess you found enough tiberium to power your red lights.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Russ Pitts said:
Escapist Magazine was intended to be timeless, in the way of all finely crafted things. Even if video games are about what's next or new, what fascinates us with them will never die. Now, as we bend inexorably into our own next newness, we take a look back.
Those who choose to spend their time reminiscing about the past, neglecting their present and future, won't have a future.

It's now Saturday. It has been three days since Zero Punctuation should have been posted. It still hasn't happened.
You literally have ONE piece of content to put up. If you can't figure out how to do that, there's no hope for this site.