Editor's Note: Mario in the Family

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Mario in the Family

This week, The Escapist looks at how videogames have helped us relate to our loved ones - or at least understand them a bit better than we did before.

Read Full Article

Feb 13, 2008
I think "Mario in the Family" sums up most of my family. Everytime we get round a table, I keep looking for the blue or red shells.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
My family does a lot of tabletop gaming. German/foreign games mostly since they aren't terrible (like every american game other than Empire Builder.)

I've played a few games with my dad, but my mom doesn't seem to like the idea at all. She thinks the Wii things are cute, and she wanted to get a DDR game a while ago, but a part of me is very happy that she never did. I think the only thing I've seen her play is some terribad flash game that her friend suggested to her over an email...

sirtunic

Jan 7, 2009
I slowly got my mom into animal crossing. then she passed it on to my sister, then to her husband. It's not much, I stopped playing that years ago, but it's cool to talk about.

Apr 28, 2008
Video games is how my dad and I bonded.

We played pretty much everything together, DOOM on the PC, the twisted metal series (the ones on the PS1 a.k.a. the good ones) and even Crimson Sky on the xbox and Rainbow Six Vegas on the 360.

I even game him my xbox and a few games when I moved to Vermont.

Kongming

Jan 14, 2009
they loved everything on the wii :)
my parents hated games, they like Mahjong tho (the real version, not the computer one)

i wish my dad liked a RTS so i could kick his ass :(

MisguidedZen

Jan 25, 2009
I've got a son on the way, and when he gets older I definitely plan to attempt to bond with him through gaming. I thought the articles in this issue were great, and gave me insight into what the future could hold for me.

Kongming

Jan 14, 2009
MisguidedZen said:
I've got a son on the way, and when he gets older I definitely plan to attempt to bond with him through gaming. I thought the articles in this issue were great, and gave me insight into what the future could hold for me.
would be a ***** if he wouldnt like games :p

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Kongming said:
MisguidedZen said:
would be a ***** if he wouldnt like games :p
Would be a ***** if he wanted to be a ballet dancer or a chimney sweeper.