Editor's Note: Miss Cleo Predicts Your Gamerscore

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Miss Cleo Predicts Your Gamerscore

No-one can predict what the future holds for the constantly-in-motion gaming industry, but that doesn't stop people from trying.

Read Full Article

Badwolf14

Aug 6, 2010
Yea it does seem like the consoles have come to a stalemate (even though I don't really follow the mainstream gaming news) I haven't even heard rumors of new consoles coming out anytime soon. However I have to disagree a bit with the fact that PC gaming might be dying. Yea a lot of games are coming out for consoles instead of PCs, but many of those games are also available for PCs and some people play them on the PC more than the console (TF2 is the one that comes to mind first, even though it was available for the console I know several people who play it on the PC), and there is also the fact that even though some games came out for consoles it just seems better to play them on PCs (RTS games come to mind for me, I like to play them a lot and I find it better to point and click instead of scrambling around with a thumb stick)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
It seems to me that everyone is so obssed with the hardware instead of, you know the actual games

we don't need another generation of consoles just for the sake of another generation of consoles,

and all that motion controll stuff only really works for the casual crap, mabye there might be some proper titles in the future I don't know

and what? PC gaming is dying?....again?

May 25, 2010
jbigboote said:
somebody needs to explain to me how the PS3 "just isn't on the map."
It just feels to me that this is mostly an American thing. Xbox and Wii rule there so it's easy to think that PS3 isn't doing all that well.

Take one look at the numbers however: Sony has more exclusive titles planned for 2011 than any of its competitors, 3rd party support is getting better with more titles being published and ones that make better use of the (complicated) hardware, PSN is constantly getting improved. It has PS Move now, meaning it supports motion gaming. Its price is the same as the 360. Mutliplatform titles are starting to sell not only as good as their 360 counterparts but sometimes even better on the PS3 (Dead Space, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mirror's Edge just to name a few. And of course the majority of EA sports games) and the install base is getting bigger by the minute.

I'm sorry Mr. Pitts but you're just wrong. These are numbers, and numbers don't lie. The PS3 is doing just fine. Even in America, the PS3 is a healthy platform.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Maybe they finally got some fucking sense and realized I'm not interested in buying new hardware every 3 years

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
huigho1215 said:
what's this "cloud" gaming? I've never heard of it before.
Means all the power of a console or computer is stored at computer server center. You connect to the internet and it broadcast a video of the game back to your computer screen or television(via a small game box).

The technology works for the most part, OnLive has proven that. Just requires a constant connection to the internet, with a moderately fast speed.

You can try out the computer part at OnLive website, it is free and for all the games: a 30-minute unlimited play, you can do over and over. They do have quite a number of AAA games, mostly from Ubisoft and Take-Two interactive.

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
jbigboote said:
somebody needs to explain to me how the PS3 "just isn't on the map."
I'm wondering this as well. I don't have any of the current consoles, so don't follow the news in depth, but it seems to me that the PS3 has all the creative and worthwhile exclusives (Uncharted series, God of War series, Demon's Souls), while the Xbox is mostly about shooters or games that I could just play on PC. I couldn't name a single Xbox exclusive that I'm interested in.

So if I'm ever getting one of the current generation consoles, it's going to be a PS3.