Editor's Note: Of Love and Games

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Of Love and Games

Love between gamers isn't always about Halo-themed weddings, joining the same guild, or tag-team frag matches.

Read Full Article

Rahsero

Feb 6, 2009
It does take a special type of person to appreciate games; not just the major titles and franchises but even a good board-game. Whether for just plain entertainment or as a channel to escape our own realities [for a few hours], gaming is becoming a way of life for millions of consumers world-wide, and that alone makes for one commonality-one understanding among us all; Husband and Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend, Friend and Foe.. Game on !

Rahsero

out0v0rder

Dec 16, 2008
Awwwwweeeeeeerrrr!

seriously though, AAwwwweeeerrrr!!
that was kinda cute. I wanna go home and put on a blanket now.

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
oh man - i totally could have written the article, although I play hidden object games to unwind and my hubby thinks they are pointless and childish!! Bless his socks, to the both of 'em :)

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
The link between mood and the types of games someone plays is quite insightful. I can't seem to escape the old (familiar) DOS games and mindless casual games... and, admittedly, I'm either depressed or stressed out. ;-)

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
Aw that sounded so cute. I agree too, my moods change what I want to play. Accept for when I'm mad. I don't like games when I'm mad.

Attelia

Dec 23, 2009
This actually brought tears to my eyes.
I remember having a game-playing boyfriend; the type who speaks the language without words. What happened to him was nothing short of cataclysmic tragedy, but it's nice to know of other couples out there who speak the same language as we did...