Editor's Note: Who Are You?

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Who Are You?

"The importance of roleplay as a genre and as a game mechanic/play option leads us to this week's issue of The Escapist. Greg Tito discusses psychology experiments and how they might apply to how we choose to play games. Leigh Alexander explores the out-of-game roleplay based upon Final Fantasy VII. Nova Barlow shares with us how her inner roleplayer died. Russ Pitts dips a toe into the unusual waters of Sociolotron and the roleplay there. And Erin Hoffman is still searching for a true heroine with whom she can identify. Find these stories and more in this week's issue of The Escapist."

Read Full Article

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
This issue has made me itch to do some pen and paper roleplaying, actually.

Who among the readers does gaming old skool style with polyhedral dice and miniature figures?

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
I do! In fact, I'm currently waiting for my DM to finish up the new campaign he's been promising for months.

*AHEM*

Jim Moreno

RP Jim
Nov 20, 2006
Indeed, a very good issue. Just missing one thing: an article written by me. :p If I lived near friends, I'd certainly have some classic RP going, by way of D&D, Twilight 2000, Star Frontiers, or something!