Eggs of Ultron: What's Going on the New Avengers 2 Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Eggs of Ultron: What's Going on the New Avengers 2 Trailer

Time to dig through the new Age of Ultron trailer to pick apart everything new and interesting.

Read Full Article

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Crazy thought, but what if the mysterious lady with the shaven head is actually Death or Hela (or an amalgamation of both)?

I only bring that up because that pool she's standing in front of looks to be the same place we see Thor splashing around in during the first trailer, so what if Loki strips Thor of his power and banishes him to Hel for him to return in Ragnarok, while also (if she is the MCU's version of Death) setting up more of Thanos's backstory for Phase Three?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I keep wondering what Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are supposed to do in this movie. Like, who's side their on, how they get mixed up in this, are they consciously working for HYDRA, etc. And any mention of the Winter Soldier and including Falcon in this would be just gravy for me.
And this trailer, like the one before it, is playing up the creepier-version-of-pinochio angle again. My go-to reference for that sort of thing is usually Frankenstein.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
*keeps mumbling* don't watch the trailers, don't watch the trailers, don't watch the trailers

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
I keep wondering what Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are supposed to do in this movie. Like, who's side their on, how they get mixed up in this, are they consciously working for HYDRA, etc. And any mention of the Winter Soldier and including Falcon in this would be just gravy for me.
And this trailer, like the one before it, is playing up the creepier-version-of-pinochio angle again. My go-to reference for that sort of thing is usually Frankenstein.
I bet Scarlet Witch uses her scarlet witchery to turn Ultron RED!

I know it seems silly, but that's about as deep as the movies have been and it won't be any dumber than the villains in any of the Iron Man movies.

Who knows? Maybe she's responsible for Hulk needing Visine as well.

Scribblesense

Jan 30, 2013
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the theme playing in the trailer seems to be a very slow version of the "No Strings to Hold Me Up" song from Pinocchio. Clever.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Something worth considering when looking at any of these trailers:
"What the Maximoff kid showed him." So, Wanda shows people dark stuff, causes them to lose it, right? Probably why we saw Cap's shield all busted, and possibly how we see Nat's back story. Also it could be why that lightning thing happens to Thor.
Not that any of this is really important, but if you wanna craft some theories about the AoU plot, that's a biggie.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
"We always create the things we dread" I think that could be Ultron talking about the Vision. After all we have yet to see Vision in the trailers. I also wonder if Scarlett Witch controls hulk in some way to go nuts as both she and Hulk have red eyes.

Hoping they dont waste SW and QS. Was dissapointed in the XMEN movie as they seemed to have QS just for one scene and thats it. Seemed kinda pointless as if they used the character to spite The Avengers. Just wished they had kept him around more as he was pretty useful.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Scribblesense said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the theme playing in the trailer seems to be a very slow version of the "No Strings to Hold Me Up" song from Pinocchio. Clever.
Yeah, they used it in the first trailer too. I personally would love to hear the whole version of this song. It is beautiful and scary at the same time. Hopefully there's a download that they'll release.

Always fun to read these trailer pick-apart articles. There are so many things that I miss and other people pick up no problem. Really looking forward to this movie.

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Only tangentially related, but...

If there is a lot of focus on Natasha's backstory in Age of Ultron - as the trailers would seem to imply - and she does have the same "much older than she looks" thing going on that Bucky does, you know what would be a good place to go a bit deeper into that? Agent Carter, where the main enemy organization seems to be Leviathan, the Communist/eastern European analogue to HYDRA. Scarlett Johansson's probably a bit too high-profile/expensive for the Black Widow to actually make an appearance on the miniseries, but it wouldn't surprise me if Agent Carter showcased at least one Leviathan agent with a similar story. Alternatively, IMDB claims that Hayley Atwell is either confirmed or rumored to be in Age of Ultron herself, so maybe there's a Carter/Romanoff throwdown in one of her flashbacks? Peggy being in Steve's flashback would make more sense, but according to that leaked scene, he didn't have a flashback, so...hm...

Also, Natasha's "fossil" crack at Steve in Winter Soldier would instantly become somewhat ironic/sad in hindsight.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
AliasBot said:
Only tangentially related, but...

If there is a lot of focus on Natasha's backstory in Age of Ultron - as the trailers would seem to imply - and she does have the same "much older than she looks" thing going on that Bucky does, you know what would be a good place to go a bit deeper into that? Agent Carter, where the main enemy organization seems to be Leviathan, the Communist/eastern European analogue to HYDRA. Scarlett Johansson's probably a bit too high-profile/expensive for the Black Widow to actually make an appearance on the miniseries, but it wouldn't surprise me if Agent Carter showcased at least one Leviathan agent with a similar story. Alternatively, IMDB claims that Hayley Atwell is either confirmed or rumored to be in Age of Ultron herself, so maybe there's a Carter/Romanoff throwdown in one of her flashbacks? Peggy being in Steve's flashback would make more sense, but according to that leaked scene, he didn't have a flashback, so...hm...

Also, Natasha's "fossil" crack at Steve in Winter Soldier would instantly become somewhat ironic/sad in hindsight.
Arnim Zola said she was born in 1984 in Winter Soldier. I don't think she's done much time as an icicle.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I thought the non-red eyes mean it isn't Ultron but one of his many drones.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Ultron could be Maria Hill's SHIELD secrets + Stark's Iron Legion drones + Chitauri technology + an old peacekeeping program created by Howard Stark and Hank Pym in the 60's + the power of the mind gem from Loki's scepter.
That sounds convoluted, but I can actually easily explain exactly how that could go down in the movie:

1. We've already seen the Iron Legion - no real need to explain that specifically.

2. Maria Hill works for Stark Industries and they're working to "privatize global security", so maybe she gives Stark access to some of SHIELD's scavenged Chitauri technology.

3. Tony discovers an old mothballed peackeeping program created by his father and Hank Pym, and he tries to use the Chitauri tech to upgrade it.

4. Ultron is created and is a success.....for a while.

5. The Ultron Legion finds the HYDRA base where they're studying Loki's scepter, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.

6. In trying to secure the scepter, one of the Ultron units is affected by the Mind Gem and overcomes the restrictions of his programming. The Chitauri tech (which already appears somehow related to Loki's Scepter's technology) makes the Ultron Legion susceptible to the Mind Gem's power.

7. He comes to the conclusion that humans are the problem...and begins his genocidal mission to "solve the problem".
He uses the Mind Gem taken from the scepter to take control of the rest of the Ultron Legion and overcome the restrictions of THEIR programming too (explaining why all their eyes glow blue).

8. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are freed from the HYDRA base and think Ultron, who freed them, is the good guy, so they side with him.

9. The Avengers have a problem.

Xtroni

Feb 20, 2010
Just wanted to point out why Ultrons energy signature is blue when fighting cap at 0:56 is probably because it is one of Ultrons drones meaning one of the hijacked(?) iron man suits that seem to be ultrons army. Ultron himself seem to be red though.

Also could the red-ish taint in the hulks eyes be from scarlet witch? As pointed out above regarding the leaked scene that wanda shows people stuff and they loose it, couldn't she have shown banner something to drive him mad?