Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Pc/dp/B004EIOH80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304538672&sr=8-2] PC system requirements are out and as long as you're packing a decent video card, you shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

Let's get right to it:

Minimum PC Specs:

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
Processor: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
Required Disc Space: 8.5 GB

Recommended PC Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5850
Required Disc Space: 8.5 GB

GPU notwithstanding, it's pretty basic stuff. Even a dual-core CPU is just about baseline these days and there's no excuse for having just one gig of RAM these days, even if you don't play games with your PC. The recommended requirements are a little more challenging but even so, you clearly won't need bleeding-edge iron to experience the game in all its mouse-and-keyboard-driven glory.

Speaking of which, Square Enix has also released the first screenshots taken from the PC version of the game and they do look pretty hot!
[gallery=231]
Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out on August 23 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/03/deus-ex-human-revolution-system-specs/]

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
...to experience the game in all its mouse-and-keyboard-driven glory.
We hope.
I saw this on PC Gamer yesterday and it almost adds to my trepidation about the game. So many devs who boasted spectacular PC versions of games this year alone have already been giant letdowns.

Even with the un-demanding specs, I have a bad feeling that the graphic engine is going to be glitchy, terribly un-optimized, and difficult to tweak.

Screenshots are just screenshots. We wont really know anything until we get some people playing it.
Also, these particular screenshots don't do much for me. Makes it look like the game is going the Mass Effect route of Lens Flare: The Game presents BLOOM.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I wouldn't be too surprised if the recommended graphics card was trolling or a paid advertisement to AMD, if I'm being honest. Certainly, it sticks out against the RAM and Processor recommendations.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
I enjoyed the original Deus Ex best when it was on the PC.

Let's hope this isn't let down due to a more console focused production.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
For a console port this is beyond pathetic. A $2000 dollar PC built at the same time as the 360 was released would be scraping below minimum specs.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Didn't I read somewhere that they hired someone to port this game to the PC?

And it cause all kinds of rage? Or was that another game?

If it was another game, might get the PC version, I can actually run it surprisingly.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Still kinda miffed we're getting a port; last time it didn't work out too well for Invisible War.

Well, Nixxes so far has a pretty good track record, so here's hoping they can pull it off.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
AnythingOutstanding said:
Only a console port would have such weak specs.

A tri GTX 580 eats the HD 5850 alive.
There is a difference between "X is a console port" and "X has to run on consoles as well, hence has relatively low specs"

The one results in horrible control, the other is reasonalbe publishing.

Sep 14, 2009
Delusibeta said:
I wouldn't be too surprised if the recommended graphics card was trolling or a paid advertisement to AMD, if I'm being honest. Certainly, it sticks out against the RAM and Processor recommendations.
very true, i was looking down the lines and my eyes got a tad bit bigger seeing that card, by no means is it top of the line but it definitely sticks out compared to the ram, and a bit to the processor.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
Well I have the minimum requirements, but knowing my dodgy computer It will probably run at 15fps and less. I hate my computer.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
8.5 gigs of Hard drive space? That doesn't really sound big enough for a game of Deus Ex's size. Mass Effect was easily more than that without DLC, and don't get me started on Fallout 3 and New Vegas....

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Wow the graphics card recommendations is a bit suprising. Nice to see a game still supporting XP. I just really hope this game will be be at least a decent sucessor to the original, still the lingering doubts that this is going another invisible war is preventing me from pre-ordering.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
You know what surprises me the most? The relatively small amount of HDD space required. Even games like Tomb Raider can take up 10GB nowadays. I expected a sprawling RPG-FPS like Deus Ex 3 to take up a lot more space, certainly 15GB. I hope that doesn't say something about the length of this game.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Was most of that directly lifted from the DNF tech specs post?

Nevermind, I nearly hit the recommended specs so I'm happy. I do need to upgrade soon though, a dual core doesn't seem to cut it anymore :(

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
You know what surprises me the most? The relatively small amount of HDD space required. Even games like Tomb Raider can take up 10GB nowadays. I expected a sprawling RPG-FPS like Deus Ex 3 to take up a lot more space, certainly 15GB. I hope that doesn't say something about the length of this game.
My worries exactly.
I'm not surprised in the slightest about the console versions trumping PC; PC is little more than a secondary market at this point.

On the other hand, this means I don't have to upgrade dick to play it.
So from a technical perspective, I'm in the clear.

Now...I'm hoping the game itself doesn't suck.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Wow, those screens look like shit. The people seem made out of plastic.

Are those orange things coming out of the containers supposed to be fire?

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Ooh, I exceed the recommended specs...

*wait, this is a console port?*

Oh, for pony's sake, this is annoying. Yet this game is friendly on my HDD.