Eight-Disc Medal of Honor Soundtrack Collection Coming Soon

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Eight-Disc Medal of Honor Soundtrack Collection Coming Soon

Electronic Arts is putting out a massive eight-disc Medal of Honor [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Playstation-3/dp/B002ZJNWWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296664102&sr=8-1] Soundtrack Collection which will feature music from all 12 games plus unreleased material.

Coming on March 1, the eight-disc boxed set will offer ten hours of Medal of Honor music, including the original scores from all 12 games in the series as well as previously unreleased material from composers Ramin Djawadi [http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,47852/]. The set will also include a 40-page booklet with an introduction written by Steven Spielberg, the creator of the original game.

"It has been gratifying as a gamer just playing all the iterations of Medal of Honor to experience firsthand how lifelike the combat in Medal of Honor has evolved from the very first game I created in 1998," Spielberg said. "A lot of developers cut their teeth on Medal of Honor and have become stars in their own right, which also could be said for finding the composers who make video games feel more and more like movies."

Giacchino got his big break when Spielberg received a CD containing samples of his work and has since gone on [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0315974/] to compose music for films like Ratatouille, Star Trek, Up and Captain America. "I thought his stuff was stunning and the orchestral arrangements were already on a par with some of Hollywood's best working composers," Spielberg continued. "So I did what anybody in their right mind would do. I found him an agent and signed him up to score Medal of Honor -- and the rest of Giacchino's history belongs to him."

The Medal of Honor Soundtrack Collection is being released by La-La Land Records in partnership with EA. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/electronic-arts-release-eight-disc-94833]

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
i never was a fan of the music in the series...
but for those who do "horay!!!!"

and this particular part made me laugh

"It has been gratifying as a gamer just playing all the iterations of Medal of Honor to experience firsthand how lifelike the combat in Medal of Honor has evolved from the very first game I created in 1998," Spielberg said. "A lot of developers cut their teeth on Medal of Honor and have become stars in their own right, which also could be said for finding the composers who make video games feel more and more like movies."

keywords: gamer, lifelike, evolved, more like movies

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Odd choice imo. I've never thought that MOH games had exceptionally good music. Well at least someone does.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Michael Giacchino composed some of the music? I've never played any Medal of Honours, but I'm suddenly really interested. His score for the new Star Trek was absolutely amazing.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
... Giacchino got his big break when Spielberg received a CD containing samples of his work and has since gone on [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0315974/] to compose music for films like Ratatouille, Star Trek, Up and Captain America. ...
I was under the impression that Hans Zimmer composed the Star Trek soundtrack. Unless he and Giacchino did it together?

Anywho, I'd love to get this, but I'm scant broke so I guess I'll have to wait to get it for some time.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I am suprised at the amount of people who didn't like the music in Medal of Honor. I mean sure, most of it wasn't the best video game music ever, but at least the main Allied Assault theme is easily one of the most memorable.

Anyway, I will not be purchasing this, although this does remind me that I still need to buy the 10th Anniversary game collection.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
Medal of Honor soundtracks are a mixed bag for me. They WERE pretty good up until Allied Assault/Frontline, and then the games started taking the Army Man hero worship to a level that frankly makes me want to vomit.
Trumpet wails so mournful you can practically see the tears rolling down the musicians face, as Yahtzee so wonderfully put it.

The cheese factor inherent in that sort of music is enough to make me gag, but I do have fond memories of the Allied Assault days.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
I guess I'm the only one excited about this. I still think that MoH: Frontline has by far one of the best soundtracks of any game. It's absolutely gorgeous:

Mind you, I haven't played the series since that one, so I can't say much about the music in later games, but Giacchino's stuff is brilliant.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
soren7550 said:
Andy Chalk said:
... Giacchino got his big break when Spielberg received a CD containing samples of his work and has since gone on [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0315974/] to compose music for films like Ratatouille, Star Trek, Up and Captain America. ...
I was under the impression that Hans Zimmer composed the Star Trek soundtrack. Unless he and Giacchino did it together?
Nope, it was just Giacchino. J.J. Abrams must like him because he did the music for Alias and Lost, as well.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Tom Phoenix said:
I am suprised at the amount of people who didn't like the music in Medal of Honor. I mean sure, most of it wasn't the best video game music ever, but at least the main Allied Assault theme is easily one of the most memorable.
To be fair, I think Giacchino only composed for the first 3 or 4 games in the series before moving on. I haven't played many of the MoH games since Allied Assault, but of the ones I have played I don't remember them having particularly memorable tracks. The music in the games Giacchino composed for, however, are ace.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I'm only buying this because I wanna hear that Allied Assault theme one more time :D

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
These two will always be my fav MoH sound tracks:

The level in which the second track appeared on was probally my first atmospheric experience in a game. Beautifully done.

Buck Wilde

Jul 15, 2009
Glad to see people posting Operation Market Garden here, it is an amazing song. And MoH had pretty good music overall although I don't think I'll buy this but its good to see.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
These two will always be my fav MoH sound tracks:

The level in which the second track appeared on was probally my first atmospheric experience in a game. Beautifully done.
The Arnhem mission still drops my jaw to this day. Immensely powerful. Shame the series and its music went the way it did.