Eighty-five New Backward Compatible Titles For Xbox 360

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
Eighty-five New Backward Compatible Titles For Xbox 360

Microsoft has announced 85 Xbox games that will now run on the 360. The number's a big increase, but certain sites are dubious as to the quality of the games now supported.

In a post on the release, Justin McElroy of Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/27/xbox-360-gets-new-backwards-compatibility-update] said, "Updates to the 360's compatibility are always kind of a mixed bag, but this new update is, perhaps, more mixed than usual," as well as noting that, "the decent game to stinkeroo average is not so hot."

The "new" games [http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm] include everything from Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2, to Playboy: The Mansion, with the update bringing the grand total of backwards compatible Xbox games on the 360 to 465.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Hey, I'm just glad I didn't trade in my copy of Armed and Dangerous for store credit now. Sure, A&D is not terribly good as a game, but it's so funny I don't mind.

-- Steve

Halfang

Nov 5, 2007
Come on, still no Brother In Arms for the 360?

Hey Microsoft/Gearbox, that would be a good boost for HELL'S HIGHWAY YOU KNOW.

Ironmaus

Nov 29, 2007
With 360 backward compatibility updates, I'm always happy they're doing them at all. There was a point where it looked like Microsoft was just going to say, "Hang it," and leave the rest unfinished. Maybe it's because of the negative reaction to their comments about people just needing to pull out the old box to play the old games. Perhaps it's that both of their competitors feature near-flawless backward compatibility. Whatever the case, I'm glad someone is clicking the keys to make it happen.

(I'll never understand why they didn't just do it 100% out the gate but I guess that's what we should expect from rushing the console...along with the heat issues and that poor decision to leave off the hard drive.)