Elder Scrolls MMO Won't Use The Old Republic Engine

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Freechoice said:
Yagrum Bagarn would like to have a word with you. [http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Yagrum_Bagarn]
Yagrum isn't a dwarf he is a Dwemer, a ELF.

The Dwemer were a race of evil, psychotic, elves, who didn't believe in the gods, despite knowing the gods existed, and whose sole goal in life was the utter annihilation of the mortal realm through combining all their souls into a god-machine-robot and using it to destroy everything.

A far cry from the nice, drunken, Dwarfs of normal fantasy.

the dwemer are dwarfs only in name, their behavior, goals, and everything else about them were nearly 100% different then normal fantasy dwarfs.

krection

Offensive Muggle
Jun 12, 2011
RaNDM G said:
oh god .... o.0 Bethesda's bug problems + MMO problems ..... o.o;;;
Well at least it's not actually being developed by Bethesda. If it was then it would be a nightmare.

lomifeh

May 23, 2012
Li Mu said:
No Player Housing. No NPC romance. No Radiant AI. Stealth will be dealt with in much the same was a the Rogue class in WoW.
Well to be fair "Romance" in TES is pretty much a joke. Some of this, like player housing can be added later. I am glad they are considering the social aspects of MMO playing into account. The reason WoW is such a powerhouse is the social aspects of the game, it's like facebook in that respect.

lomifeh

May 23, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Freechoice said:
Yagrum Bagarn would like to have a word with you. [http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Yagrum_Bagarn]

The Dwemer were a race of evil, psychotic, elves, who didn't believe in the gods, despite knowing the gods existed, and whose sole goal in life was the utter annihilation of the mortal realm through combining all their souls into a god-machine-robot and using it to destroy everything.

the dwemer are dwarfs only in name, their behavior, goals, and everything else about them were nearly 100% different then normal fantasy dwarfs.
Dwemer knew the gods exist, they just thought that whatever powers the gods had mortals could attain as well. They didn't see them as all powerful divine beings. They were pretty damn nutty and almost succeeded, we still have no idea exactly what happened to them.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
lomifeh said:
SajuukKhar said:
Freechoice said:

Dwemer knew the gods exist, they just thought that whatever powers the gods had mortals could attain as well. They didn't see them as all powerful divine beings. They were pretty damn nutty and almost succeeded, we still have no idea exactly what happened to them.
I read somewhere in Skyrim about a Dwarf who openly humiliated Azura by proving that she could be wrong. Iirc, the Dwarves disappeared shortly afterwards.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
lomifeh said:
Well to be fair "Romance" in TES is pretty much a joke. Some of this, like player housing can be added later. I am glad they are considering the social aspects of MMO playing into account. The reason WoW is such a powerhouse is the social aspects of the game, it's like facebook in that respect.
I wouldn't expect player housing in the future either.
WoW players have been demanding player housing (or even guild housing) since vanilla, but it appears to be simply too difficult to implement.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Grey Carter said:
A "stable" Elder Scrolls game? Well at least you can't accuse ZeniMax of not adding anything new to the series.
Oh, you bad man, you! =D I hardly had any issues at all with Skyrim, surprisingly enough.

Scars Unseen said:
I protest. Skyrim and Oblivion both had stables in them.
*giggle* Well played, you win a cookie!

I'm willing to give ZeniMax Online the benefit of the doubt, because I'm really, really hoping they won't screw this up. We'll see what they can do with this engine, for good or for ill.