Elder Scrolls MMO

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
No.

Just no.

Though it might be cool. IF and only if they made a single player game like Morrowwind but just added a Warcraft after BC-sized online world as well. : D

Oh and you can invite people to your single player game to play co-op or maybe up to like, 8 or something fun like that.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
No...no....Nooooo....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[HEADING=1]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/HEADING]

I would love it if they made it like Borderlands ,and I admit walking around Cyrodil (did I spell it correctly?) does get boring, but that can be easily fixed by either just adding more monsters and or having it a 4 player online mode.

But going WoW style and having pricks running around everywhere naked, talking in caps and generally begging you for money, and then adding in the being able to kill everything system like in Oblivion, It would be a huge fucking clusterfuck. The lesson here kids is don't try to fix what isn't broke. If you try to, your a fucking moron.

I shall say it again

[HEADING=1]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/HEADING]

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Serious balance issues to work out. I just cant understand how such a fucked up levelling system could exist in multiplayer

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
The elder scrolls as it is and has been doesn't work as an MMO, it would be changed to much to satisfy any fans. Better to just make a single player TES or an MMO that is something new.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
almostgold said:
Serious balance issues to work out. I just cant understand how such a fucked up levelling system could exist in multiplayer
haha, you go to sleep, or try to, and you get your throat slit. yeah, that'd be fun... :(

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
I love The Elder Scrolls but I can't afford monthly fees for an MMO and I also have a life. I'm gonna be mighty pissed if it turns out this way.

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
If the combat system isn't point and click crap and hot buttoned set moves then it'll be AWESOME!

Otherwise Warcraft'll still have it beat dead.

Allstar309

Apr 19, 2009
An Elderscrolls MMO would probably wreck it for me. Another really in depth and polished single player game would be better.
Then again maybe a little Co op option wouldn't be that bad, but a full blown MMO wouldn't be to my liking.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
The Elder Scrolls has distinguished itself with its excellent single-player gameplay, and most fans aren't concerned with the lack of multiplayer.

If the Elder Scrolls becomes a MMORPG, then what would distinguish it from all the other fantasy MMOs? If I wanted a fantasy MMORPG I'd probably try WoW first.

So for me: fingers crossed that this project isn't TES or if it is, that we still get a TES: V single player as well.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
NO! Does not! I don't have live, and having just beaten oblivion about an hour ago I want me some more elder scrolls on the double.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
If Bethesda make the next ES an MMO, make it an MMO in the same sense that Demon's Souls is an MMO.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I'd play it under two conditions: That it is a one-time-only cost reminiscent of Guild Wars, and that they nerf invisibility. For all 100% chameleon is awesome in a one-player game, it just brings whole new levels of unfair to multiplayer.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Cpu46 said:
wordsmith said:
An MMO would be crap.

A multiplayer game with 2-8 friends, however, could be pretty cool.
I agree with this. MMO would have to many people and I for one dont want to be assasinated by people i dont know.

Although it might work if it placed 10-20 people in the same game world. Elder scrolls games are ususaly so big that you could wander around and not find anyone else for hours. So it would be like a MMO minus the Massive.
So... The worlds first MSMORPG? (Medium-sized Multiplayer Online Game)?
Signa said:
If they could do with TES what they did with Borderlands, I would be very happy and play it about as much as Borderlands. That is, beating it multiple times and still not stopping playing it. If they did with TES what they did with Warcraft, well, I'd play it just as much as I have the Warcraft series since it went MMO. That is Zero.
What they did with Borderlands? ... you mean, aside from making the game a massive pain in the arse to play multiplayer on?

I dropped £60 on getting four copies for me and 3 mates. I've played 4 games with one of them, the other two can't get it to work. I mean, honestly? Are you telling me that Gearbox couldn't have made an automated multiplayer setup? Or even better, could they have used a decent system like Steam, rather than a system which is widely regarded as worse than rubbish?

Game concept, I agree with you 100%. Have a SP storyline, let friends jump in for quests or whatever.

Game practise, hell naw. Borderlands is (on PC and IMHO) to multiplayer as Big Rigs is to racing games. That is, broken.