Elder Scrolls MMO

Deathsane

Dec 3, 2009
So by the looks of this article. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6246696.html?tag=rumor-control;title;2 The next elder scrolls is probably gonna be a MMO.
What are your thoughts about this. Personally I think its already been done and we should just get another single player elder scrolls.

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
Eh, I might be willing to try it.

I haven't played a online multiplayer game since Ultima Online, so it might be time to see if they're worth playing these days.

Frankly though, I'd rather have another single player game.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I don't think it will work.

Now, an Elder Scrolls with drop in and out co-op, that's something that'd be cool!

Dec 14, 2009
If it was 1st person, can you imagine the chaos mages, warriors and rogues would cause, especially if PvP was say, 50v50, that would be amazing.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
An MMO would be crap.

A multiplayer game with 2-8 friends, however, could be pretty cool.

boredkid

Nov 18, 2009
First KotOR, now The Elder Scrolls? Why must our RPGs succumb to the dastardly money-machine that is the MMO?

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
boredkid said:
First KotOR, now The Elder Scrolls? Why must our RPGs succumb to the dastardly money-machine that is the MMO?
The relevant part is highlighted. Pity that money is what makes the world go around these days.

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
DO NOT WANT!

My PC is a piece of shit so I wouldn't be able to play. Elder Scrolls Games are a staple of my single-player fun. Don't take it a way Bethesda D:

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Well, if it's good there's a chance I'll play it.

I'd love to visit Vvardenfell again, though, so if that's the starting zone I'll be all over the game like dip on chips.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Seems MMOs have a lot of stigma. I'd actually love to see this done, an MMO game with the controls and feel of an ES game.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
OK. Let's recap, shall we?

Todd Howard and Pete Hines at Bethesda Game Studios have both emphatically stated that they're going to do another Elder Scrolls game, and strongly implied that they themselves (as in, their team) was going to be on it.

ZeniMax Online Studios is working on a "World of Warcraft-style" MMO that isn't Fallout (according to court documents) so what the hell else could it be? Well, since the only other IP ZeniMax owns with that kind of commercial potential is TES, well...doesn't take a genius to figure it out. We kind of already knew this.

Bethesda Game Studios is not ZeniMax Online Studios. Therefore...

Ten bucks says we get a singleplayer TES5 for the SP crowd (and Bethesda knows damn well that most of its audience plays Oblivion and Fallout 3 precisely BECAUSE they are singleplayer, their own forum people and forum people everywhere else on the Internet have said so in so many words!) and a TES Online for the multiplayer types and the people they could convince to take a flyer on an MMO if it were set in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Everybody wins!

Toycat

Nov 9, 2009
I'm only like 80% sure here, but i'm pretty sure its actually referring to fallout 4 (which will be an MMORPG)

ES5 is set in skyrim, which doesn't really sound like a MMORPG setting.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
If I have to pay every month for it, I won't buy it.

If its just a one time play, then sure I'll buy it.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
wordsmith said:
An MMO would be crap.

A multiplayer game with 2-8 friends, however, could be pretty cool.
I agree with this. MMO would have to many people and I for one dont want to be assasinated by people i dont know.

Although it might work if it placed 10-20 people in the same game world. Elder scrolls games are ususaly so big that you could wander around and not find anyone else for hours. So it would be like a MMO minus the Massive.