Elder Scrolls MMO

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Main reason I liked TES was since it was fully customisabel through mods and console, and it was your own personal world, adventure and you can change the rules. Multiplayer fucks over all this.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Julianking93 said:
If I have to pay every month for it, I won't buy it.

If its just a one time play, then sure I'll buy it.
One thing I've learned from watching MMO gamers (particularly WoWheads) is that overall they tend to spend less money on games than I do---so many of them play WoW exclusively and therefore spend $180 a year on games. I can spend that just in a weekend Steam binge.

Toycat

Nov 9, 2009
Thats actually a good idea, just have a world the size of Cyrodill, and Play either on massive PVP ones (for an MMO part) and to have private servers for either just you or just you and like a few freinds, as ES with a party of 3-4 working through the story would be very entertaining. or having mini servers with like 100 max per server, so that it creates realistic populations for the world.

Froobyx

Mar 22, 2009
Like I said in the news one.. Nonononoononononononononononononono!!!!!

Elder Scrolls is SINGLE player. It's great as it is and it doesn't need to be ruined by moniez.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Star Wars is a world made for MMOs strangely, though badly incorporated if done wrong. TES may involve massive worlds, but it's still a single-player setting. So the MMO for TES, while may seem like a good idea, will be fraught with disaster in my eyes.

Heck, I'd expect a MMO for Mass Effect would work more better paper instead of TES.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
If they could do with TES what they did with Borderlands, I would be very happy and play it about as much as Borderlands. That is, beating it multiple times and still not stopping playing it. If they did with TES what they did with Warcraft, well, I'd play it just as much as I have the Warcraft series since it went MMO. That is Zero.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
SimuLord said:
One thing I've learned from watching MMO gamers (particularly WoWheads) is that overall they tend to spend less money on games than I do---so many of them play WoW exclusively and therefore spend $180 a year on games. I can spend that just in a weekend Steam binge.
I wish more people would realize this. If I'm on an MMO, it's £8 a month. If I'm not, it's £80+ a month.

I'm not sure how Elder Scrolls would be an MMO, it'd be fucking weak with the combat system from Oblivion, and changing a single player experience to a multiplayer only one changes a lot of things, it'd be an MMO using the Elder Scrolls name, not an Elder Scrolls MMO.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Wow, to go against the grain here, I'd say I would actually like it. I wonder how the TES battle system would fare in an MMO though. I do wonder how well you could fight with ranged attacks or any magic except touch spells, due to Kiting.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
If they have spell creation, the first person to make a Touch spell that lowers spell resistance by 100 and deals 40 points of same-element damage over 2 seconds will rule all.

And they better do something about the insanely arbitrary "I sense a crime!" Legionaires. I HATE those motherfuckers. Always just magically appearing out of nothing when I so much as jaywalk.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Jasper Jeffs said:
SimuLord said:
I wish more people would realize this. If I'm on an MMO, it's £8 a month. If I'm not, it's £80+ a month.

I'm not sure how Elder Scrolls would be an MMO, it'd be fucking weak with the combat system from Oblivion, and changing a single player experience to a multiplayer only one changes a lot of things, it'd be an MMO using the Elder Scrolls name, not an Elder Scrolls MMO.
Not to say I wouldn't at least give an Elder Scrolls MMO a try (even though I'd probably quit after only a couple months). If the game was done well, I'd be all over that universe, especially if there were good RP-only PvE servers.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Not unless it comes out on the ps3 as an mmo as well and has a monthly fee of only 5 bucks or less. Tho it would be interesting if they could reproduce the whole world.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
I think it should be 2-4 player and have it on an Oblivion scale. That way the game becomes much better as you are connected with a party or left to your own devices.
Basically i want what Peter Molyneux promised for Fable II and didnt deliver on

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
My immediate response would be "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" but I may be biased seeing as I only just managed to quit WoW.

I love TES, but I don't think that I'd enjoy an MMO version.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
Oh noes, lol so many MMO's lol i swore never to play again by the loss of my thumbs :( meh just another game im gonna want and never get to play.