Elder Scrolls Online Removes Six-Month Subs, F2P Rumors Arise

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
LOL about 6 months earlier than predicted.

Seriously developers need to realise the WOW boat sailed 10 years ago. As horrific as what Im going to say next may be to most developers (you may need to sit down), your going to have to think up a new idea.

*gasp* *thud*

Yes sorry I told you it would be shocking, have a hot chocolate and go lay down, who knows you might even have an original thought while your doing that. So its not the end of the world, just the end of you milking idiots with no effort.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
Remus said:
Hagi said:
if they promise they won't go F2P then it's just a few months off.
The same could be said of WoW or EVE, or Wildstar, or any of 100 other MMOs that haven't gone F2P. The devs saying something doesn't automatically equate to "They must be lying". This is how rumors about Half Life 3 start. How do people even make these leaps of illogic?
You havnt been doing this very long have you?

PetitDemon

Jan 4, 2015
Everything really is going free to play.

I wonder if Final Fantasy XIV will go free to play. It seems to be one of the only subscription based MMORPGs left.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
Two things:
[...]
2) A general consensus is that it will not go F2P (Free 2 Play) but instead break into model similar to The Secret World and Guild Wars 2, of which both are B2P (Buy 2 Play). The very suggestion of F2P is an out-there idea of worst case scenario. B2P is more along lines with the game's potential release to the PS4 and XbOne within the next 6 months; it further embraces that console gamers don't want to pay for a subscription to any 1 game (but instead pay for using a console annually).
Is it still a lock that the console versions are coming out? Amazon has updated the release date for the console versions of ESO to December 31, 2015.

I have a sinking feeling this will be Champions Online all over again. (Remember when it was planned to launch on consoles?)

Uhuru N'Uru

Oct 8, 2014
008Zulu said:
I'm hoping they are focusing on the next Fallout game.

What was that, TESO is still a thing? Huh.
They (Bethesda Software, TES and Fallout Developer) are working and focusing only on Fallout 4 and nothing else. They have been since they released the Dragonborn DLC for PS3.

They (Zenimax Online, TESO Developer) are working and focusing only on TESO and nothing else. They have been since they released the PC version.

They (Bethesda Softworks, Publisher) Don't work on any games, they publish both the above developers games, plus many others as well. They don't Focus on anything but the next release.

They (ZeniMax Media, Publisher) Don't work on any games, they own all the above companies, plus many others as well. They make all the decisions and use the intentionally named companies above to deflect any anger at these decisions away from themselves, knowing the horde of fanboys, will jump to defend them, just because they have the same name as their favourite developer.

Bethesda Softworks (Publisher) started this and Zenimax Media (Publisher) continues it.

Betheda works because the developer came first. Zenimax won't for the same reasons Ubisoft doesn't, the publisher coming first means it's the publishers bad reputation that harms the developer, not the developers good reputation sheiding the publisher.

Which "They" you mean is obvious and "They" are not involved with TESO at all.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Sight Unseen said:
BoogieManFL said:
I wonder if there are still swarms of warriors running around with staffs because it was vastly better than doing their warrior stuff...

I might check it out if it goes F2P. Not worth a sub, IMHO. Provided they don't heavily gimp F2P players as much like The Old Republic.
They've apparently rebalanced stamina builds to be more viable, but I haven't been able to see for myself how that's shifted the meta (if it has)
Wait, really?
This game has been out for 9 months and you're unsure whether or not they've managed to make most of their weapons viable or not?
Christ.