Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009

[gametrailers=708368]

One of the biggest announcements made at the 2010 Spike VGAs will greatly please RPG fans.

The 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards held a major surprise for fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-Pc/dp/B000V9C9FO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292126761&sr=8-3] series. Revealed at the show was a brand new installment: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

RPG fans are set to have at least 100 more hours of their lives sucked away by the franchise, but Bethesda didn't reveal anything other than a story-based trailer for the game. Gameplay wasn't shown off, nor were details shared, but the Elder Scrolls games have been similar since Arena [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Arena-Pc/dp/B0002XMKVW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1292126799&sr=1-7] was released in 1994, so expect the same, but better. The game is named after the region of Skyrim, a cold and mountainous area where the first human settlements were said to have been founded.

The trailer that was played at the VGAs uses animation that appears as if it was carved out of stone, with the narrator saying that someone "should have acted" while imagery shows dragons or similar creatures annihilating a civilization. The game's Elder Scrolls apparently said these creatures would return, which had been defeated long ago, and they seem like pretty serious foes.

Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of. The events of Oblivion are mentioned during the trailer, so it's possible that rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95699-Rumor-Next-Elder-Scrolls-Game-to-be-set-200-Years-After-Oblivion] that put Elder Scrolls V 200 years after the previous game could be true.

The trailer reveals that Elder Scrolls V will be out on November 11, 2011. With less than 11 months to release, expect Bethesda to provide more details soon.

Source: GameTrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-elder-scrolls/708368]

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Glory be!! Sithis has blessed his servants, and alas we shall spill blood in the mountainous region! Let the frost of our blades sink the chill of death into the veins of our prey! The Dark Brotherhood (or whatever the hell the Assassin's Guild of Skyrim will be called), rise again!

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Awesome, I can't wait for this game, the skyrim setting is welcome. I hope we get to jump into some Deadra's plains of Oblivion again.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards.

I can't wait for TES5!

Axelord FTW

Mar 11, 2010
If I check my old Thamriel map, Skirim is smaller than Cyrodiil.

I hope they either extend the canonical playing area or let you wander of (go to) untold locations (islands, Oblivions, other planes).

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
Aww! But I wanted to play in Red Mountain-ruined, Argonian-occupied Morrowind trying to shoot the Floating City Umbriel down with nukes or something. [http://www.imperial-library.info/content/infernal-city-lore-notes]

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
MY LIFE HAS MEANING ONCE MORE!!!!

Seriously, I cant wait for this but damn, 11.11.2011 thats a long time away.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
It better change the engine or it will suck hard how old is their engine like 15 by now?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Excellent! Now let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be an MMO.

I hope they provide greater variety in environments this time around. Visiting the same caves, ancient ruins and portals in Oblivion got quite tiresome.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I only hope that the patch that makes the game fully playable will be out before December 31, so I don't have to withhold the Game of the Year award from it on the grounds that "I'd give it the award if it weren't such a buggy mess".

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Not naming names of nothin'... just sayin'.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Another game with dragons... and as usual, it looks like you're expected to kill them again. :'(

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Why the hell is everything good clustering up the goddamn holiday season? I mean, seriously, space it out damnit! I can't play Resistance 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3 or Batman: Arkham City all at the same damn time!

My god, are there a lot of numbers at the end of those games.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
ionveau said:
It better change the engine or it will suck hard how old is their engine like 15 by now?
How can Gamebryo be 15 when EGT was founded in 2000?

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
With Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3 and Resistance 3 (that makes a lot of threes), this is going to be one kickass fall!

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
Mass Effect 3 & Elder Scrolls 5... better let everyone know they won't be seeing me till at least March 2012.

I'm going to be buying at lot of games next year.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
So much speculation, finally paid off. My organs just 'sploded from happiness.

TheNewDemoman

Feb 21, 2010
Meh

Never played Oblivian 4. I am waiting for LB2 Deus Ex: HR, and Brink..... so as of now that's all i am worried about

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I seriously cannot contain my excitement.
The only thing I demand they change though... Well only things are the leveling up system, chameleon 100% for 60sec (Shatters the game), Alchemy for one item (Meat pie potions = endless profit).

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
EnigmaticSevens said:
Glory be!! Sithis has blessed his servants, and alas we shall spill blood in the mountainous region! Let the frost of our blades sink the chill of death into the veins of our prey! The Dark Brotherhood (or whatever the hell the Assassin's Guild of Skyrim will be called), rise again!
May Sithus, The Void, Bless our Path, Brother!

OT: YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

L1ke20N1njas

Dec 12, 2010
I have been checking the UESP daily for at least a month now for news. I Have been discussing with my friends about how they NEED to announce this game and we've been conversing on the rumors and such. I even said earlier today with some friends (seriously): "I think they might announce something tonight since Spike's VGA's are on." And I am so glad I was right! I've been speculating that it'd be Skyrim, too. So pumped!

Judging by the EPIC classic theme at the end of the teaser, I suspect that Jeremy Soule is still the composer for the games soundtracks. I really hope so!! His TES IV OST on my computer has over 500 COMPLETE play-throughs per song. That's over 13,000 total song plays! It's actually on right now... :D I have over 400 hours of game-play on ONE character in Oblivion for 360, with a few others with at least 100. I know SO much about the lore and have played Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena. I have the PC version as well and have played with and without mods.

This trailer is completely epic and it gives me GREAT hopes for 2011's GOTY. If the soundtrack is similar, and the magic and awesomeness is similar and everything, just better and MORE, then I will be playing for YEARS to come. Again, SO PUMPED.

I have watched the trailer so many times I cannot even count.

Bethesda<3

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Ah, but you see, theirs is made out of stone, which is quite different than blood. So, it's really nothing alike at all.
Seriously though, I loved this trailer to death so very, very much. The stone fire bit was a pleasant surprise. Cannot want this more than I do now.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
I can only describe it now.........
FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

seekeroftruth86

Nov 20, 2010
All I want is that the NPCs stop staring at me. Really if they altered the dialogue to be more like Morrowind's or maybe even resemble Bioware's dialogues I would be very happy. And the leveling issue was mentioned so that too.

Also I hope fighting dragons isn't run up, hit with sword, get candy. Dragons are huge and monstrous, you don't fight them with puny sticks of metal. So I hope the combat gets revamped a little.

James B Hamster

Apr 15, 2009
Not to be petty, but the narration on that trailer has me concerned for a repeat of the presentation problems of TES IV. I loved Oblivion's exploratory sections and its combat was decent enough, but every time I encountered an NPC, I was taken right out of the experience. From my experience with Bethesda's work with Fallout, I'm more or less willing to say that voice work just isn't their thing. Still, since it seems unlikely that they'd be liable to go back to the text-only dialogue interfaces of Morrowind and prior (though I don't see why, since that was so much better), here's hoping that they're going to tighten things up a bit when it comes to conversation.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I can't believe the time is finally come! No one else does what Bethesda does with the Elder Scrolls series. No one else even attempts it. The experience is grand, vivid, deep and alive! If all we get is the polished action of Oblivion combined with the richly embellished world-scape of Morrowind, I will spend hundreds of hours in this game. I cannot wait a moment for more details! This was the only game announcement I anticipated so intensely in years. And now it's here!

Nerevar's nipples!

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
The return of the Akaviri! The birthplace of Talos, who would be known as Tiber Septim, first Emperor of Tamriel. Also this confirms the Imperial line is unbroken!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I think i just wet myself alittle....

Yeeep. I need new chair.

TES has dominated my life for sometime now. Our love life is a love/love relationship.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Yay, another boring-ass Bethesda game based on the buggiest engine ever cause it needs to run on every console that'll need at least 100+ Community Patches to be playable...

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 3. TES V. Who the fuck. Is going to win. Game of the Year. Seriously, it will be impossible to make that decision.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Mezmer said:
Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 3. TES V. Who the fuck. Is going to win. Game of the Year. Seriously, it will be impossible to make that decision.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Game Of The Year Edition- Includes all Official DLCs, all three expansion packs, and the tanned hides of Bethesda's enemies. Horse Armor not included.

I'm calling it right fucking now.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Mezmer said:
Uncharted 3. Sorry, I love Uncharted.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Finally! Oh how I have waited for this day. Here's hoping its multiplatform and also that there are no physic guards.

Mastern56

Jun 9, 2010
Eh, probably not gonna get this game with so many other titles that I care more about are coming out next year. I didn't like Elder Scrolls IV too much anyways, the repetitive environments (I'm talking about the copy pasted caves, Jesus those things got boring), and the quite shallow combat really didn't do it for me.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Damn, it really didn't take much, but this series has me by the short and curlies all over again.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch the trailer another 47 times.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Awesome.

I just hope they use a diferent engine. I was disapointed that Fallout 3 was running the Oblivion engine, and even moreso when New Vegas used it. Hopefully we get a new engine with lots of eyecandy.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Exactly what I thought.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I loved the music in this trailer, I hope the whole games music is as good as that.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Apart from, you know, how the whole dragon thing has been a massive part of Elder Scrolls lore until anyone even thought of Dragon Age.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of.
Not necessarily, you've gotta consider that Martin was the key 'chosen one' kinda character in Oblivion, and the player character just had to kinda look after him.

May 5, 2010
s69-5 said:

I can't wait for TES5!
*Ahem* Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Portal 2. I believe you stand corrected.

Seriously, though. This is fucking awesome.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
s69-5 said:

I can't wait for TES5!
*Ahem* Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Portal 2. I believe you stand corrected.

ME3. I don't like shooters. Don't care.

Uncharted 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Resistance 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Portal 2. Don't care. Plus it was previously announced at E3.

I don't stand corrected. The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards is TES5.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Apart from, you know, how the whole dragon thing has been a massive part of Elder Scrolls lore until anyone even thought of Dragon Age.
Or the fact that dragons have been a part of video games and RPGs in particular since gaming was in its infancy.

I guess Bioware fans believe that Dungeons 'n Dragons, Dragon's Lair, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire et all, came out after DA:O. ^.^

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I hope they either change or fix the engine this time around...

Ehh who am I kidding I'll just wait for the patch when it comes.=/

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I just realized how big of an Elder Scrolls fanboy I really am. I'm trying to from a post of some value, but every time I think about this game my brain just turns off and I got into hype mode.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
Umm... Wasn't it stated a few months back that Bethesda's latest project will be running there new engine? I could be wrong, but I think this was stated before..

Also guys.. Don't judge Bethesda for the fucked up heap of glitchy shit that NV turned out to be! Obsidian made that, Bethesda had nothing to do with its creation. Now excuses me, I just jizzed my pants..

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
About damn time... though to be fair it they've been working on it for a while. They just didn't tell anyone about it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Disclaimer: The following are my opinions.

Oblivion was one of the most overrated games of all time and it sucked in every regard a game can suck (seriously, name one major component of a game and I'll tell you why Oblivion sucks or is mediocre at it). This was in no small part due to vestly outdated and archaic gameplay mechanics that haven't changed since the first two games in the series. If there was ever a franchise in dire need of inovaton, Elder Scrolls is it.

Also, I hate snow in games. This game seems to promise a lot of it. Not a point in its favor.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of.
Posted it already in different thread, but what the heck.

Talos is the most important hero-god of Mankind. By life known as [[Tiber Septim], he conquered all of Tamriel when he was still mortal and ushered in the Third Era. At his dead he ascended to godhood as the God of War and Governance of the Nine Divines. Less prominent sects, such as the Talos Cult have been inspired by his apotheosis.

Known as Heir to the Seat of Sundered Kings, Ysmir, the Dragon of the North and Dragonborn, he is also invoked as patron of questing heroes. He is referred to as the One in the phrase "The Eight and the One", as there were originally only eight Divines before Tiber Septim Ascended to godhood.

source, http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Holy molly! Wow... 2011 will be a pretty busy year.
The Witcher 2, Brink, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2 and now the mother of all life sucker RPG's is back... OMG...

For me, anything with a dragon in it is just full of win.

Whatever little social life I had will vanish in 2011...

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.And on a side note i thought TES4 was beautiful and really fun.

r0rschach

Nov 30, 2010
I literally had a tear in my eye watching that. Thank you Bethesda, I will love you forever.

Also on a side note, if you check out the Elder Scrolls website, close the video and there's a movable image of the stone background featured in the video.

That's pretty cool, just though I'd point it out as no one else has.

Edit: You close it by clicking outside the video, you'll know you have the right area because there's a light around where your mouse pointer hovers.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
I hope that theme will be ingame...
i still remember the chills when i first started playing Oblivion (which was my first TES and inb4 "morrowind was better lololol" I happened to like it) and hearing the theme.... oh hell if that theme on vid is only a menu song....
*EPIC CHILLS*

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
HOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLY BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIING BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy right now!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yeeeeeeessss! Finally!

Edit: I wouldn't mind if the world actually ended in 2012 now.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
s69-5 said:
WrongSprite said:
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Or the fact that dragons have been a part of video games and RPGs in particular since gaming was in its infancy.

I guess Bioware fans believe that Dungeons 'n Dragons, Dragon's Lair, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire et all, came out after DA:O. ^.^
Actually, I kind of feel the need to expand on this a bit. Dragons have really been part of all fantasy and myth since the middle ages. The most prevalent icon of what fantasy is.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Mass Effect 3 announced and Elder Scrolls V announced?

Yeah, this is easily the happiest day of my life. And it will remain the happiest day of my life until both of these games get released in a year's time. =D

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
I jumped out of my chair and screamed in excitement when this was announced at the VGA.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
The trailer reveals that Elder Scrolls V will be out on November 11, 2011. With less than 11 months to release, expect Bethesda to provide more details [em]announce several release date delays[/em] soon.
I [em]patched[/em] that statement. :) I make it =true.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
cocoro67 said:
I can only describe it now.........
FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Couldn't agree more with this guy!!!

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
I have tears in my eyes. Literally. Oh man....

I think I'm more excited about the new version of the Elder Scrolls theme song than the actual game itself, hahahahaha. I hereby make the bold claim that the Elder Scrolls theme is the greatest piece of original music written for a video game ever and challenge anyone to defy me.

Holllllyyyyyy crappppppppp.

11.11.11 can't come fast enough.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I... I... I...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I cannot wait for this; I need some gameplay trailers very. very. very soon.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Not like Oblivion, not like Oblivion, not like Oblivion...
Whats wrong with Oblivion, the only badthing I can think is my computers to crappy to run it well :p

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
EnigmaticSevens said:
It was called The Dark Brotherhood way back in Morrowind, so I don't see why they would change the name.

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
I'm ok with this. Skyrim was probably my third to last choice after Morrowind and Tamriel, but Tamriel provided SUCH a horrible example that I'm willing to accept virtually anything. I'm just hoping we get to somewhere actually interesting within my lifetime...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
s69-5 said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
s69-5 said:

I can't wait for TES5!

ME3. I don't like shooters. Don't care.

Uncharted 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Resistance 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Portal 2. Don't care. Plus it was previously announced at E3.

I don't stand corrected. The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards is TES5.
The only good thing for you perhaps, they're still great games. So yes, you do stand corrected, afterall you can't really blame those developers for your taste in games.

*ahem*

Woohoo! While I was rather disappointed by TES4 after hearing so much about it, it still showed massive potential. I'm hoping TES5 will fix TES4's major flaws and I'd pretty much have my perfect fantasy game!
imnotparanoid said:
Whats wrong with Oblivion, the only badthing I can think is my computers to crappy to run it well :p
- Beanbag combat (as in hitting someone with a sword has the same effect as hitting someone with a beanbag, looks retarded)
- Downright scary NPC's for various reasons.
- A fuckton of bugs.

That's what was wrong with it, mainly.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
Oh boy...

Everything to do with leveling in that game was awful.

The weapon selection was awful.

The spell system was awful.

The game unintentionally broke the third wall with the way NPC's looked and responded in the same four voice sets.

The skill system had a decent idea but was executed awfully ESPECIALLY compared to morrowind.

The only redeeming qualities of the game were the quests and the combat... some of the time. The combat was very fun, but the character development was stagnant because of levels and everything they did, caused, and resulted in.

I'll put it to you like this. It should not be the case that it's better for me to level up skills I did not pick as the primary skills for my character.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
binvjoh said:
Awesome. I should finish Oblivion then.
Yup, this is the impetus for my '100%'ish runthrough of Oblivion. I spent a good amount of time on it, but never got around to actually exploring everywhere. Old computer was too crap + I lost interest after the main storyline wrapped up. Just wasn't as good as Morrowind, but I'm sure it'll improve if I give it time.

I just watched the trailer again and I cried again. Oh man.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
YES! I've wanted them to come up with another TES. I hope it combines the good from oblivion and morrowind.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone get me some new underwear! Cannot wait. So glad it's not Cyrodiil again! Oh man... DO WANT!!!

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
Looks like that giant dragon statue we made at the end of Oblivion is actually going to be doing something useful...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've been on the fence about Dragon Age 2 since it was announced. Several trailers later, I still don't know if I want it or not. It only took this one teaser for me to long for the frigid peaks of my native Skyrim.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Tom Goldman said:

[gametrailers=708368]

One of the biggest announcements made at the 2010 Spike VGAs will greatly please RPG fans.

The 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards held a major surprise for fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-Pc/dp/B000V9C9FO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292126761&sr=8-3] series. Revealed at the show was a brand new installment: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

RPG fans are set to have at least 100 more hours of their lives sucked away by the franchise, but Bethesda didn't reveal anything other than a story-based trailer for the game. Gameplay wasn't shown off, nor were details shared, but the Elder Scrolls games have been similar since Arena [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Arena-Pc/dp/B0002XMKVW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1292126799&sr=1-7] was released in 1994, so expect the same, but better. The game is named after the region of Skyrim, a cold and mountainous area where the first human settlements were said to have been founded.

The trailer that was played at the VGAs uses animation that appears as if it was carved out of stone, with the narrator saying that someone "should have acted" while imagery shows dragons or similar creatures annihilating a civilization. The game's Elder Scrolls apparently said these creatures would return, which had been defeated long ago, and they seem like pretty serious foes.

Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of. The events of Oblivion are mentioned during the trailer, so it's possible that rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95699-Rumor-Next-Elder-Scrolls-Game-to-be-set-200-Years-After-Oblivion] that put Elder Scrolls V 200 years after the previous game could be true.

The trailer reveals that Elder Scrolls V will be out on November 11, 2011. With less than 11 months to release, expect Bethesda to provide more details soon.

Source: GameTrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-elder-scrolls/708368]

Anyone else hear 'Dragonball'?

Anyway it's nice to have a setting set out, can't say I wasn't pissed at 11/11/11, but that's how it is with Bethseda, get GOTY.

Can't wait! (But must =[)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Oh dear, another one for the 'must have' list. It's starting to get rather long. Not that I'm complaining, of course...

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
well shit there goes another 100+ hours of my life, ah well at least its going to be fucking awesome.

and about the engine weren't bethesda supposed to be using the id engine used for rage for this?

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
Mezmer said:
I know. Deus ex HR will be the winner :)

SadisticPretzel

Nov 29, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

That was the first thought to cross my mind as well.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Yay, another boring-ass Bethesda game based on the buggiest engine ever cause it needs to run on every console that'll need at least 100+ Community Patches to be playable...
When you saw 'Elder Scrolls V' and chose to click on it, were you somehow unaware of what you were going to see? Or is it just that you felt everyone on here wanted to know that people who dislike Bethseda exist? Personally I don't get why the bugs should bother you in a game you're already displeased with, that's kind of like complaining that you can't chew on poo.

Anyway I hope you enjoy whatever games you are looking forward to.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Thank Sheograth for that! My offerings of cheese, yarn, and human feet have been rewarded!

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Nords were always my favorite race and now we get a TES that's all about Nords. A Norse epic. I can't wait. This is going to be awesome I just know it.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
YES YES YES YES, FINALLY!

Can I just submit now that this game needs to have less bugs than Oblivion. Preferably a new engine but...

No gameplay footage yet, but a solid date is good. And they'll want to make that date since it's before Christmas.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
So we are going to fight dragons now? Geez, how far downhill can this franchise go? Oblivion was already a generic, boring fantasy setting, now we will be playing some white dude, killing dragons?

What happened to playing a dark elf, riding a giant bug to save the world from a dancing guy with a golden mask?

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
AWESOME

I actually have a game release date to look forward to again! Here's hoping the melee combat is a little more advanced and the landscape is a little more diverse, though.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
BY THE NINE DIVINE! Truly this is the greatest announcement since...I DON'T KNOW! Looks like they're bringing dragons and that there has been a civil war....*high pitched scream*!

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
FINALLY!

Release date is awesome too. Sooner than I would have expected and leaves me more than enough time to save for a PC upgrade to really rock the shit out of this game.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
God's ghoulies! I can't wait, this is fantastic news.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting Patrick Stewart to deliver more than a paragraph or two's worth of lines in this game?

...Or if the people will be as stiff as boards in the last one when talking to you?

I'd best end this post before I start wondering about every banal detail of the game.

Champion360

Jul 19, 2009
Dexter111 said:
You have angered Sithis prepare for your DOOM!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Don't you dare touch the classic ES leveling system, Bethesda.

Otherwise, I'm having an orgasm.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I now have something else really awesome to look forward to next year, hopefully they'll make up the smaller map with more... stuff.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again. I am going to skip this one instead of a Day I purchase. Morrowind still has to be beaten by Oblivion and the like.

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
Oh my. Those dragons may be fierce, but they will be no match for almighty Sheogorath and hi JAbberwock! Praise be to the prince of madness!
Seriously though, I am hyped.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
November? 11th? But, but...

I MIGHT DIE BEFORE THEN!!

This needs to be released RIGHT NOW! I've been playing New Vegas from launch; I'm pretty sure I can put up with any bugs it may still have. Seriously, you don't even have to finish the caves and mines and such, I'll take whatever you've got right now. Just, you know, say the word, and I'll be right there with my credit card details...

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again. I am going to skip this one instead of a Day I purchase. Morrowind still has to be beaten by Oblivion and the like.
It is the same engine but I hear it's upgraded so much that it doesn't even look like the same engine. We can't know for sure until some gameplay videos or in-game screenshots are released. I'm guessing we'll see some screenshots by the end of this month.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Hopefully this won't be a boring ass mess like Oblivion was. Seriously, that game and that engine make me want to weep with the utter fail of it all.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!! CANNOT WAIT!

I waited and waited, and now it's finally coming. :D

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
Straying Bullet said:
It is the same engine but I hear it's upgraded so much that it doesn't even look like the same engine. We can't know for sure until some gameplay videos or in-game screenshots are released. I'm guessing we'll see some screenshots by the end of this month.
Don't get me wrong on this one. Sure I enjoyed Fallout 3 but in all honesty, the time to upgrade your engine a little more for a new game is really showing the lazy ass of the studio.

Why not start anew and introduce a 2.0. You know, a completly revamped with better animation this time. I always lost immersion whenever I saw another character or being 1st person in any game of theirs and get the impression I am only a floating camera.

Or hell, use a new engine, less likely but if they really don't start doing some radical shit on the graphical/technical department, I am just going to wait for a bargain price on this one.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Hm, hopefully this one will be actually fun and worth playing.
Depends on how different it will be from Oblivion. The more, the better.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again.
"Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-23-rumour-elder-scrolls-5-in-the-works

This saddens me, but we can only wait and see.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
TheEvilCheese said:
Straying Bullet said:
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again.
"Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-23-rumour-elder-scrolls-5-in-the-works

This saddens me, but we can only wait and see.
Thanks for finding a legit source, I know I will be skipping this game for some time. As usual, my final judgement will be based on actual screenshots and more importantly, real game footage.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
It seems this one will revolve around finding the next Dragon Born, presumably so they can be crowned emperor. Skyrim seems like a good place to start for this, what with it being where ol' Tiber Septim came from in the first place...

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
Zakarath said:
Another game with dragons... and as usual, it looks like you're expected to kill them again. :'(
Why cannot we side with the Dragons in order to destroy all of Tamriel. Now THAT would be an amazing story!

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
What was that soundtrack...? Is there a name for it? Is it available somewhere? Someone tell me!

Oblivion was a stale experience to me, which didn't leave much positive thought for me with Bethseda's future products.

Then Fallout 3 came. And it improved Oblivion's flaws masterfully. Alot more immersive and explorable.

I hope they will have taken their lessons in mind when making this. It sure does give me goosebumps!

SamuelT

Jan 7, 2021
Country
Nederland
seekeroftruth86 said:
All I want is that the NPCs stop staring at me. Really if they altered the dialogue to be more like Morrowind's or maybe even resemble Bioware's dialogues I would be very happy. And the leveling issue was mentioned so that too.

Also I hope fighting dragons isn't run up, hit with sword, get candy. Dragons are huge and monstrous, you don't fight them with puny sticks of metal. So I hope the combat gets revamped a little.
Hey now. As Dwarf Fortress clearly showed; it's perfectly possible for a dwarf to get a dragon in a headlock and rip it clean off. So a sword will do perfectly.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Yelchor said:
What was that soundtrack...? Is there a name for it? Is it available somewhere? Someone tell me!
It does remind me slightly of the previous Morrowind and Oblivion soundtracks. Probably a new score based on the good old tracks. So I guess you'll have to wait for more trailers and the game itself for the full experience

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
NLS said:
It does remind me slightly of the previous Morrowind and Oblivion soundtracks. Probably a new score based on the good old tracks. So I guess you'll have to wait for more trailers and the game itself for the full experience
Argh... Why don't we have cryostatsis pods already?!

Despite my lack of interest in Oblivion, it did have quite a score to light up your day with!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! Finally it's announced! How long I have waited for this day!

Anyway, dragons are cool, but I don't really see how you could fight them with the normal fighting system in TES games. I'm kind of worried that they'll have QTEs...

Sucks that it's apparently on the same engine again...but whatever, it'll still be lots of fun.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
O_O

Can't....wait....

Oblivion was the first next-generation game I got and I thought to myself, "What else could I possibly need?"

Indeed, for several weeks, I didn't need anything else.

Kyp

Feb 13, 2009
Axelord FTW said:

I hope they either extend the canonical playing area or let you wander of (go to) untold locations (islands, Oblivions, other planes).
Well, I haven't read The Infernal City, or whatever, but the Elder Scrolls wiki has informed me that after the Oblivion Crisis Skyrim has invaded some of Hammerfell and High Rock; and also that Skyrim has been trying to take over Redoran parts of Morrowing (or Daedra have, depends on who you ask in Oblivion). I'm thinking that Solthsiem (I can't spell that) and maybe a bit of Morrowind making an appearance may not be out of the question.

Even if they are, though, I got excited like a little kid on Christmas when I realized it was Todd Howard on the stage.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
My God, I'll be broke until 2013!
Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Dragon Age 2, Arkham City, Resistance 3, Little Big Planet 2, Ms. Splosion Man, Infamous 2, Gears of War 3, Brink, Killzone 3, Portal 2, and thats just what I can think of at the moment. I can't wait for another 100+ hours to fly by, especially when it releases close to my birthday. As I said, I'll be broke for a long time!

May 23, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
It was just boring. Enemies scaling with you, boring looking asthetics - the only thing they improved were the graphics and the combat. I miss Morrowind and it's badass design. Just... less brown, Bethesda.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
ionveau said:
Oblivion came out 4 years ago.

They should at least refine the engine so you can move stuff other than what you can pick up. "DERP THIS CHAIR IS INVINCIBLE!"

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Double A said:
ionveau said:

They should at least refine the engine so you can move stuff other than what you can pick up. "DERP THIS CHAIR IS INVINCIBLE!"
Almost 5 years ago and they can't really change/improve on the engine too much because they're still bound by today's console hardware (that they already had problems getting their now-almost-5-year-old-game working smooth on in the first place, with PC apparently out of the equation and only an after-thought) so they'll probably stick with it and/or similar for another 4 to 5 years from now, why change both methods and development tools you've built and worked with and refined for years if there's not really that much of a technology upside?...

Kurokami said:
Dexter111 said:
When you saw 'Elder Scrolls V' and chose to click on it, were you somehow unaware of what you were going to see? Or is it just that you felt everyone on here wanted to know that people who dislike Bethseda exist? Personally I don't get why the bugs should bother you in a game you're already displeased with, that's kind of like complaining that you can't chew on poo.

Anyway I hope you enjoy whatever games you are looking forward to.
It would be totally arbitrary to "dislike" or hate a couple of developers, I just don't like their games...

I never really gave Morrowind a chance... installed it and made a character, ran around a bit and saw a large lifeless world in front of me with no plot introduction or anything else of the kind whatsoever and the very first NPCs pretended like I had to read a novel or two in my conversation with them and that's where I gave up on it really...

Played Oblivion for a few dozen hours and while it had the same symptoms at least graphics and quests seemed (and Patrick Stewart) somewhat interesting till the NPCs and locations became dull and repetitive, the terrain and dungeons were all the same I've been seeing a few hours ago and the leveling-system broke utterly because I had chosen the "Speech" skill as one of my mains and then the game actually expected me to close a few dozen "Oblivion gates" to go on with the story, I gave up on it shortly after entering the second...

I didn't think Fallout 3 was much better but at least I could bear to finish it so yeah... I'm just not really expecting much here xD

I'm actually a huge RPG fan from round-based/real-time isometric, to hack&slash, first/third person (especially liked stuff like Gothic, Vampire: Bloodlines or Risen a lot in that kind) to even some JRPGs but there's always something eerie and off (especially in the basic design choices and lack of detail/proper dialogue) with all Bethesda games I've tried so far that just puts me off and annoys me...

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Double A said:
ionveau said:

Almost 5 years ago and they can't really change/improve on the engine too much because they're still bound by todays console hardware (with PC apparently out of the equation and only an after-thought) so they'll probably stick with it and/or similar for another 4 to 5 years from now...
Well, that's true. And lame.

At least the game would feel better, they already have a game under their belt with the Oblivion engine, so Skyrim would be better because of experience.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
It was just boring. Enemies scaling with you, boring looking asthetics - the only thing they improved were the graphics and the combat. I miss Morrowind and it's badass design. Just... less brown, Bethesda.
Less brown Oblivion is pretty green! Morrowind was green and grey If I remember right.
Still I love both of them.
Hopefully this on will be good.

May 23, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
imnotparanoid said:
Less brown Oblivion is pretty green! Morrowind was green and grey If I remember right.
Still I love both of them.
Hopefully this on will be good.
Oblivion definetely wasn't brown :p
What I'd like to see is Mount and Blade's combat (but tighter controls and more movement oriented, for pete's sake), Morrowind's artistic design and sense of awe and lack of fast travel and good exploration, and Oblivion's Patrick Stewart.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Okay, I've calmed down. This would happen after an eternity of waiting and only after I've quit modding, playing and going on ES-related forums. Still, it's fun to imagine the chaos over there right now.

It's Skyrim, and no one in surprised.

And not that ES ever handled dragons in an involved or compelling way, but if the plot is omfgwtf Dragon! I'm going to be pissed. And if Bethesda makes a Skyrim game as an excuse to harp on every nerd's Viking fetish with Beowulf references thrown in to placate the high brow, I'm going to spit in the grave of their creativity that Oblivion dug. Don't let me down, people. Stuff your ears with something to block out Todd Howard and hire your old friends to be contract writers on everything.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Don't know if it's worth mentioning, since there's so many comments here about the 'same old engine' etc: Bethesda have confirmed that it uses a brand new engine. http://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/14010984884604929

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
ImprovizoR said:
Straying Bullet said:
Don't get me wrong on this one. Sure I enjoyed Fallout 3 but in all honesty, the time to upgrade your engine a little more for a new game is really showing the lazy ass of the studio.

Why not start anew and introduce a 2.0. You know, a completly revamped with better animation this time. I always lost immersion whenever I saw another character or being 1st person in any game of theirs and get the impression I am only a floating camera.

Or hell, use a new engine, less likely but if they really don't start doing some radical shit on the graphical/technical department, I am just going to wait for a bargain price on this one.
They said on their twitter that it's a brand new engine. And they also said that it's a heavily modified previous engine. I guess both claims are kinda truth. You know CoD4, MW2 and BO run on a heavily modified Quake 3 engine. So it is possible to pimp the shit out of the engine.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
Double A said:
ionveau said:

Oblivion came out in 1998 then in 2000 then in 2006 i think look it up

the oblivion from 2000 and 2006 both used the same engine and both engines are awkward and annoying to play with

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
They said on their twitter that it's a brand new engine. And they also said that it's a heavily modified previous engine. I guess both claims are kinda truth. You know CoD4, MW2 and BO run on a heavily modified Quake 3 engine. So it is possible to pimp the shit out of the engine.
As I said, my final verdict will be based on game footage and then actual screenshots.

I do hope you are aware that CoD isn't really a graphical masterpiece? I have seen little to none graphical steps up since the MW1 game. There is a reason why it's locked 60 FPS you know. If I would compare it to Gears of War 2, CoD pretty much gets the short stick. But that's just bashing on CoD again.

I am not holding my breathe but I hope for a new engine with TES V.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
the only thing i saw and i turned it on just as todd howard was announced. and its the only thing i care about

2up

Jun 15, 2009
Ophiuchus said:
Tom Goldman said:
Don't know if it's worth mentioning, since there's so many comments here about the 'same old engine' etc: Bethesda have confirmed that it uses a brand new engine. http://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/14010984884604929
Of course, but they never denied using an updated Gamebryo engine though. If I can recall, the latest Fallout used an updated Gamebryo engine. Personally, I think the engine is an ugly and outdated crapfest that has always been riddled with game breaking bugs, graphical glitches and awkward animations. Unacceptable really. In all likelihood they are using an updated version of Gamebryo and passing it off as brand new. This is what I believe until Bethesda actually states explicitly that it is a new engine created from the ground up. Otherwise, it is a tremendous disappointment to a lot of knowledgeable and tech-savvy gamers.

In the meantime, check out the latest Uncharted 3 gameplay video. Bethesda would do well to see how Naughty Dog improved their engine.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Yay for the news, but the teaser trailer sucked. I wanted to see a villian, a hero or SOMETHING.
Sorry, if I had watched the travesty that was the VGAs just for the new trailers, I at least wanted kickassness in said trailer to cover up for me having to listen to Dane Cook talk about anything.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Oh Oh Oh just thought of a joke. " This just in the new elder scrolls game " The elder scrolls skyrim " Will only be playable on Kinect and Move. Betheseda has just reported " We just don't wanna make a PC version " What will this mean for the elder scrolls series? Stay tuned to find out "

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
The whole announcement made me squeal like a girl, but one thing that made me super happy was the music. I love that they've been incorperating a unified set of themes and motifs for the past 3 or 4 games, and this doesn't dissapoint. It's glorious.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sweet fucking jesus it's about time! I have no idea how this game is going to turn out, but Bethesda hasn't let me down yet, hopefully this will be another game worth spending more than a hundred hours of my life in.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
This is so god damn awesome! I have been waiting for this day since i finished oblivion!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
ionveau said:
Oblivion just looked like a shinier version of Morrowind, so dont count on it.

Game will be buggy as hell, just like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Will likely fall to the modding community to make it playable.

Keeperixx

Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Next Elder Scrolls game? set in Skyrim?

Okay, I'm completely sold! And if Nord's are playable, I'll start my first playthrough as one.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
ionveau said:
Double A said:
ionveau said:

the oblivion from 2000 and 2006 both used the same engine and both engines are awkward and annoying to play with
Dude, you're thinking of The Elder Scrolls, which is the series. Oblivion in the fourth game in the TES series.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I'll tip my hat to Bethesda and get ready to pay through the nose for this.
Crud.. Me and my elderscrolls obsession =/

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
ionveau said:
Double A said:
ionveau said:

Ah, a troll I see.

Still doesn't work, because no TES games were released in the year 2000. And Redguard, which came out in 1998 is actually pretty different to the other games in the series.

TES and Metal Gear, the two places where I have super-nerd-knowledge.
Axelord FTW said:

I wouldn't worry too much. They can sort of... stretch the worldspace out. I mean, would any of the towns from Oblivion really be that small?

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
ImprovizoR said:
As I said, my final verdict will be based on game footage and then actual screenshots.

I do hope you are aware that CoD isn't really a graphical masterpiece? I have seen little to none graphical steps up since the MW1 game. There is a reason why it's locked 60 FPS you know. If I would compare it to Gears of War 2, CoD pretty much gets the short stick. But that's just bashing on CoD again.

I am not holding my breathe but I hope for a new engine with TES V.
I am just saying that you can upgrade the engine drastically. CoD engine isn't even called Quake 3 engine anymore but that's what it is. I never said that CoD was a graphical masterpiece. It's actually pretty ugly sometimes.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
i just hope they will release a bug-free game for a change.
And make it balanced. And mayyybe coop multiplayer. That last one would make my day.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Twad said:
And make it balanced. And mayyybe coop multiplayer. That last one would make my day.
Lol yeah, and maybe it will come with a jetpack that uses water as fuel.
If it's Elder Scrolls, it's huge, it's buggy and it's not perfectly balanced, and if it's an awesome RPG, it will be single player.
You might as well hope for it to cure AIDS.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Well, I'm now pleased. This is honestly the only game that I will, for sure, 100% positive, no other choice, buy. I just sincerely hope that the game aims to be more of a compromise between Oblivion's general gameplay and Morrowind's overall formula focusing on skill (and having lots of skills to choose from, no less).

Oh, and that guy who thought up the leveled loot, enemies, quests, and everything that could have been good in Oblivion? Yeah... Fire that guy. Twice.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Seeing as how Oblivion and Mass Effect were my first major time sinks on 360, I couldn't be more excited unless they were both coming out tomorrow.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Twad said:
Hell with that. I want them to bite off more than they can chew, and get around to fixing things up later. Balance is for pussies. And fuck MP. This is an RPG.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Words cannot describe the glee coursing through my veins at this very moment!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Stephen Jackson

Dec 15, 2010
I can't wait for this! I just hope they can improve everything Oblivion did right, and fix everything that was wrong.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
I think the teaser's absolutely rubbish, but then Bethesda never have been good at making trailers. Looking forward to the game though, I just hope they've listened to a massive amount of the criticism Oblivion's received over the years, because to be honest I'm not convinced they won't start making the same mistakes over again.

Sheepy Sheep

Dec 16, 2010
Cryo84R said:
The return of the Akaviri! The birthplace of Talos, who would be known as Tiber Septim, first Emperor of Tamriel. Also this confirms the Imperial line is unbroken!
AKIVIRI!! gonna be interesting to see how theyre supposed to look

OT: i cant wait for this! yet another christmas lost..

valdelisle

Aug 20, 2010
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES

With a new Elder scrolls comes new hardware requirements though.

Now I just have 11 months to build myself a new rig, I doubt my old GT7600 will be able to even play the intro...it can barely run Oblivion now!

The side effect will be to be able to play ES IV properly!
I remember how awesome it was to rediscover Morrowind with a new graphics card.

Poptart Invasion

Nov 25, 2010
Sheepy Sheep said:
Cryo84R said:
AKIVIRI!! gonna be interesting to see how theyre supposed to look

OT: i cant wait for this! yet another christmas lost..
Hell yes! one of the things i thought when reading the in-game book Mysterious Akivir (or somethin like that) was why the hell i cant go there and see those races. it sounds like a place from a Hindu deity's nightmares. i was a bit disappointed we're not actually going there, or at least the teaser didnt allude to it. Hopefully, they'll work it in there somehow, in a way that feels natural. If not, it's still the Akiviri. AWESOME!! :)