Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
With Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3 and Resistance 3 (that makes a lot of threes), this is going to be one kickass fall!

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
Mass Effect 3 & Elder Scrolls 5... better let everyone know they won't be seeing me till at least March 2012.

I'm going to be buying at lot of games next year.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
So much speculation, finally paid off. My organs just 'sploded from happiness.

TheNewDemoman

Feb 21, 2010
Meh

Never played Oblivian 4. I am waiting for LB2 Deus Ex: HR, and Brink..... so as of now that's all i am worried about

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I seriously cannot contain my excitement.
The only thing I demand they change though... Well only things are the leveling up system, chameleon 100% for 60sec (Shatters the game), Alchemy for one item (Meat pie potions = endless profit).

L1ke20N1njas

Dec 12, 2010
I have been checking the UESP daily for at least a month now for news. I Have been discussing with my friends about how they NEED to announce this game and we've been conversing on the rumors and such. I even said earlier today with some friends (seriously): "I think they might announce something tonight since Spike's VGA's are on." And I am so glad I was right! I've been speculating that it'd be Skyrim, too. So pumped!

Judging by the EPIC classic theme at the end of the teaser, I suspect that Jeremy Soule is still the composer for the games soundtracks. I really hope so!! His TES IV OST on my computer has over 500 COMPLETE play-throughs per song. That's over 13,000 total song plays! It's actually on right now... :D I have over 400 hours of game-play on ONE character in Oblivion for 360, with a few others with at least 100. I know SO much about the lore and have played Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena. I have the PC version as well and have played with and without mods.

This trailer is completely epic and it gives me GREAT hopes for 2011's GOTY. If the soundtrack is similar, and the magic and awesomeness is similar and everything, just better and MORE, then I will be playing for YEARS to come. Again, SO PUMPED.

I have watched the trailer so many times I cannot even count.

Bethesda<3

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Not naming names of nothin'... just sayin'.
Ah, but you see, theirs is made out of stone, which is quite different than blood. So, it's really nothing alike at all.
Seriously though, I loved this trailer to death so very, very much. The stone fire bit was a pleasant surprise. Cannot want this more than I do now.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
I can only describe it now.........
FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

seekeroftruth86

Nov 20, 2010
All I want is that the NPCs stop staring at me. Really if they altered the dialogue to be more like Morrowind's or maybe even resemble Bioware's dialogues I would be very happy. And the leveling issue was mentioned so that too.

Also I hope fighting dragons isn't run up, hit with sword, get candy. Dragons are huge and monstrous, you don't fight them with puny sticks of metal. So I hope the combat gets revamped a little.

James B Hamster

Apr 15, 2009
Not to be petty, but the narration on that trailer has me concerned for a repeat of the presentation problems of TES IV. I loved Oblivion's exploratory sections and its combat was decent enough, but every time I encountered an NPC, I was taken right out of the experience. From my experience with Bethesda's work with Fallout, I'm more or less willing to say that voice work just isn't their thing. Still, since it seems unlikely that they'd be liable to go back to the text-only dialogue interfaces of Morrowind and prior (though I don't see why, since that was so much better), here's hoping that they're going to tighten things up a bit when it comes to conversation.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I can't believe the time is finally come! No one else does what Bethesda does with the Elder Scrolls series. No one else even attempts it. The experience is grand, vivid, deep and alive! If all we get is the polished action of Oblivion combined with the richly embellished world-scape of Morrowind, I will spend hundreds of hours in this game. I cannot wait a moment for more details! This was the only game announcement I anticipated so intensely in years. And now it's here!

Nerevar's nipples!

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
The return of the Akaviri! The birthplace of Talos, who would be known as Tiber Septim, first Emperor of Tamriel. Also this confirms the Imperial line is unbroken!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I think i just wet myself alittle....

Yeeep. I need new chair.

TES has dominated my life for sometime now. Our love life is a love/love relationship.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 3. TES V. Who the fuck. Is going to win. Game of the Year. Seriously, it will be impossible to make that decision.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Mezmer said:
Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 3. TES V. Who the fuck. Is going to win. Game of the Year. Seriously, it will be impossible to make that decision.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Game Of The Year Edition- Includes all Official DLCs, all three expansion packs, and the tanned hides of Bethesda's enemies. Horse Armor not included.

I'm calling it right fucking now.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Mezmer said:
Uncharted 3. Sorry, I love Uncharted.