Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
I have tears in my eyes. Literally. Oh man....

I think I'm more excited about the new version of the Elder Scrolls theme song than the actual game itself, hahahahaha. I hereby make the bold claim that the Elder Scrolls theme is the greatest piece of original music written for a video game ever and challenge anyone to defy me.

Holllllyyyyyy crappppppppp.

11.11.11 can't come fast enough.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I... I... I...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I cannot wait for this; I need some gameplay trailers very. very. very soon.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Not like Oblivion, not like Oblivion, not like Oblivion...
Whats wrong with Oblivion, the only badthing I can think is my computers to crappy to run it well :p

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
I'm ok with this. Skyrim was probably my third to last choice after Morrowind and Tamriel, but Tamriel provided SUCH a horrible example that I'm willing to accept virtually anything. I'm just hoping we get to somewhere actually interesting within my lifetime...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
s69-5 said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
s69-5 said:
The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards.

I can't wait for TES5!
*Ahem* Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Portal 2. I believe you stand corrected.

Seriously, though. This is fucking awesome.
ME3. I don't like shooters. Don't care.

Uncharted 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Resistance 3. Shooter. Don't care.

Portal 2. Don't care. Plus it was previously announced at E3.

I don't stand corrected. The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards is TES5.
The only good thing for you perhaps, they're still great games. So yes, you do stand corrected, afterall you can't really blame those developers for your taste in games.

*ahem*

Woohoo! While I was rather disappointed by TES4 after hearing so much about it, it still showed massive potential. I'm hoping TES5 will fix TES4's major flaws and I'd pretty much have my perfect fantasy game!
imnotparanoid said:
Whats wrong with Oblivion, the only badthing I can think is my computers to crappy to run it well :p
- Beanbag combat (as in hitting someone with a sword has the same effect as hitting someone with a beanbag, looks retarded)
- Downright scary NPC's for various reasons.
- A fuckton of bugs.

That's what was wrong with it, mainly.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
Oh boy...

Everything to do with leveling in that game was awful.

The weapon selection was awful.

The spell system was awful.

The game unintentionally broke the third wall with the way NPC's looked and responded in the same four voice sets.

The skill system had a decent idea but was executed awfully ESPECIALLY compared to morrowind.

The only redeeming qualities of the game were the quests and the combat... some of the time. The combat was very fun, but the character development was stagnant because of levels and everything they did, caused, and resulted in.

I'll put it to you like this. It should not be the case that it's better for me to level up skills I did not pick as the primary skills for my character.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
binvjoh said:
Awesome. I should finish Oblivion then.
Yup, this is the impetus for my '100%'ish runthrough of Oblivion. I spent a good amount of time on it, but never got around to actually exploring everywhere. Old computer was too crap + I lost interest after the main storyline wrapped up. Just wasn't as good as Morrowind, but I'm sure it'll improve if I give it time.

I just watched the trailer again and I cried again. Oh man.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
YES! I've wanted them to come up with another TES. I hope it combines the good from oblivion and morrowind.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone get me some new underwear! Cannot wait. So glad it's not Cyrodiil again! Oh man... DO WANT!!!

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
Looks like that giant dragon statue we made at the end of Oblivion is actually going to be doing something useful...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've been on the fence about Dragon Age 2 since it was announced. Several trailers later, I still don't know if I want it or not. It only took this one teaser for me to long for the frigid peaks of my native Skyrim.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

[gametrailers=708368]

One of the biggest announcements made at the 2010 Spike VGAs will greatly please RPG fans.

The 2010 Spike TV Video Game Awards held a major surprise for fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-Pc/dp/B000V9C9FO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292126761&sr=8-3] series. Revealed at the show was a brand new installment: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

RPG fans are set to have at least 100 more hours of their lives sucked away by the franchise, but Bethesda didn't reveal anything other than a story-based trailer for the game. Gameplay wasn't shown off, nor were details shared, but the Elder Scrolls games have been similar since Arena [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Arena-Pc/dp/B0002XMKVW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1292126799&sr=1-7] was released in 1994, so expect the same, but better. The game is named after the region of Skyrim, a cold and mountainous area where the first human settlements were said to have been founded.

The trailer that was played at the VGAs uses animation that appears as if it was carved out of stone, with the narrator saying that someone "should have acted" while imagery shows dragons or similar creatures annihilating a civilization. The game's Elder Scrolls apparently said these creatures would return, which had been defeated long ago, and they seem like pretty serious foes.

Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of. The events of Oblivion are mentioned during the trailer, so it's possible that rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95699-Rumor-Next-Elder-Scrolls-Game-to-be-set-200-Years-After-Oblivion] that put Elder Scrolls V 200 years after the previous game could be true.

The trailer reveals that Elder Scrolls V will be out on November 11, 2011. With less than 11 months to release, expect Bethesda to provide more details soon.

Source: GameTrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-elder-scrolls/708368]

Anyone else hear 'Dragonball'?

Anyway it's nice to have a setting set out, can't say I wasn't pissed at 11/11/11, but that's how it is with Bethseda, get GOTY.

Can't wait! (But must =[)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Oh dear, another one for the 'must have' list. It's starting to get rather long. Not that I'm complaining, of course...

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
well shit there goes another 100+ hours of my life, ah well at least its going to be fucking awesome.

and about the engine weren't bethesda supposed to be using the id engine used for rage for this?