Elizabeth Olsen's Role as Scarlet Witch Inspires Confidence in Herself

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Elizabeth Olsen's Role as Scarlet Witch Inspires Confidence in Herself

Playing Scarlet Witch in The Avengers: Age of Ultron has made actress Elizabeth Olsen feel physically confident.

Actress Elizabeth Olsen is taking her role of Scarlet Witch in The Avengers: Age of Ultron into her life. Also acting in Godzilla, Olsen pointed to her portrayal of Scarlet Witch as the primary reason why she feels so confident physically outside of the movie.

"I don't approach things like 'I am the character,'" Olsen said. "I don't think that would be healthy for me. I do think, doing things like The Avengers, I've noticed I've felt really confident recently. And I think it's because I get to be very confident physically all day. I get to be a kind of grounded badass. And if that's rubbing off on me, then that's fun... It's in our control to be positive or to be powerful or confident, even through people don't think it is."

Beyond acting for the screen, Olsen has also acted for the theater, although she can't pick one favorite over the other. Acting on stage gives her the chance to move with momentum, whereas acting in a movie could mean spending an entire day doing a sequence that could last less than 10 seconds.

"I've actually been really interested lately in how people's physicality can manipulate their emotions, as opposed to emotions manipulating someone's physicality," she said.

Movies also use a lot of editing, leaving some actors feeling out of control. Olsen takes a healthy approach to acting, seeing herself more as just a tool in the production. "I've been feeling more empowered recently," she said, "that you're in control of something, and to really take that seriously, even though someone else is ultimately in control of what the thing's going to end up looking like."

Source: ComicBookMovie [http://www.flaunt.com/people/elizabeth-olsen/]

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Good for her, I think anyone that manages to look cool and powerfull on screen certainly gets a confidence boost (unless the director says they will spice things up with CGI)

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
I agree. Her scene at the end of Cap actually gave me the shivers. I think she's going to nail it.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
roseofbattle said:
"I've actually been really interested lately in how people's physicality can manipulate their emotions, as opposed to emotions manipulating someone's physicality," she said.
That's an interesting perspective. I've a friend who went through a brief stint of depression, and apparently working out helped him get out of the gutter a bit.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Makabriel said:
I agree. Her scene at the end of Cap actually gave me the shivers. I think she's going to nail it.
I agree - her ability to create CG effects was astonishing! /troll
Inorite?

I've seen some photoshops in my time and I'm pretty sure she was not photoshopping..

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Yes, but will she be confident enough to try and bang a robot in the film? The Vision has needs too, you know...