Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Any thoughts on this? Do you care, don't care? Etc.
I think Musk is an overactive rich guy who gets bored and needs a new toy to play with.

I don't use Twitter, and I certainly don't think an egotistical, autocratic twat with a philosophical understanding of free speech around the level of the average 16-year-old is going to improve the complicated problems around social media. On the other hand, like many managers, he may find that the institutional nature of the organisation he seeks to change is more powerful than he is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So? Has zero effect on me, and my life. Twitter is still shit, is going to be run by a fair weathered man-child. A child that can't make up his mind, and expects everyone to suck his dick.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
It's genuinely surprising how much Elon has managed to ruin his brand in the last 4-5 years. Like he really put the pedal to the metal.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's genuinely surprising how much Elon has managed to ruin his brand in the last 4-5 years. Like he really put the pedal to the metal.
Oh, that's a point, is he beating JK Rowling there?

I think the winner is Trump, though, if you stretch the timeframe to the run-up to him being nominated.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is probably the most comprehensive overview of the situation, including the amusing factor that he may not be able to back out of the deal even if he wanted to

So he loses either way? Neat. Shows how much of a waste of time this is to everyone.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I use Twitter so seldomly, I don't care who owns it or what anyone says on it. I find the interface far too kludgy for frequent convenience. This is a power play by Musk, and fodder for the idiots who use Twitter for "informational purposes" instead of actual intellectual outlets, i.e.: the hundreds who believe the election was stolen last year and stormed the Capitol because a citrus-colored megalomanic told them so in tweets. I'm well beyond such inanity. If Musk wants Twitter, fine; have at it; you've already been to space, why not own an asinine social media platform and make the world a worse place?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Oh, that's a point, is he beating JK Rowling there?

I think the winner is Trump, though, if you stretch the timeframe to the run-up to him being nominated.
I remember when trump first did the escalator announcement everyone was like "Well this should be fun"

Then he did the all Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists speech and everyone was like "Aaah...shit.".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I remember when trump first did the escalator announcement everyone was like "Well this should be fun"

Then he did the all Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists speech and everyone was like "Aaah...shit.".
What the hell are those people even expecting? I go on my way not to hear that fool's rhetoric. They shouldn't have been so surprised at what he said was no different from the shit he usually spouts.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

And then he started winning the primary and eventually the presidency, so evidentially it was a message that resonated with some of the electorate. I therefore hesitate to call his brand ruined since it evidently worked among his fans.

And to keep this from turning into a Trump-thread(which is what he'd want), my thoughts on Musk buying Twitter is that if he makes too many changes to it, twitter will be ruined and a competitor will take its place, and if he doesn't make many changes then there really isn't much to discuss.

My understanding is that Musk bought a whole slew of crypto-currency, claimed Tesla would accept the currency as payment, the value of the crypto-currency increased, Musk sold them, and then walked back on that statement. So I wonder if there is some trickery going on, though I fail to see what it would be.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And then he started winning the primary and eventually the presidency, so evidentially it was a message that resonated with some of the electorate. I therefore hesitate to call his brand ruined since it evidently worked among his fans.
And yet, most of those fools got nothing. They either still foolishly believe all his lies, or don't want to admit they're wrong out of some sense of dumb ass pride.

my thoughts on Musk buying Twitter is that if he makes too many changes to it, twitter will be ruined and a competitor will take its place, and if he doesn't make many changes then there really isn't much to discuss.

My understanding is that Musk bought a whole slew of crypto-currency, claimed Tesla would accept the currency as payment, the value of the crypto-currency increased, Musk sold them, and then walked back on that statement. So I wonder if there is some trickery going on, though I fail to see what it would be.
So either way, the imbecile loses. Just like I mentioned earlier.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So the world's largest cesspool is about to be purchased by an actual ambulatory sack of human feces. I wonder if I should start up a betting pool on how long it takes Musk to ban someone for memeing on him.

Reactions: BrawlMan