Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
When are the emails leaking where Musk asked the engineers behind this to always return positive messages when his name is entered?
"Who the fuck is Mark Zuckerberg? Sorry, never heard of cage fighting."

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Yes, because what people really want from their search queries is sas. I also give it about a week before it's a flat earther.
The thing is that it's parroting Elon Musk's sense of "humor", which is (as the kids say today, and boy does this term fit) very, very cringe.

But are any of us surprised that Musk set up an entire team to create something that does nothing but praise him all day, every day?
The Germans surely have a word for the weird feeling of being embarrassed for a billionaire.
The Germans have a word for everything, and I guarantee you there's no spaces in it.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Can we make it more specific though, something like (having checked an Eng-Ger dictionary) reichfremdschamen?
I am afraid there is no more specific word for that is actually in use and would be understood. Yet.

The thing is that it's parroting Elon Musk's sense of "humor", which is (as the kids say today, and boy does this term fit) very, very cringe.

But are any of us surprised that Musk set up an entire team to create something that does nothing but praise him all day, every day?
Don't need an entire team. Just use tweet as training data and set anything that Musk retweeted or liked as positive example and everything he disliked, blocked or didn't interact with as negative and you get a bot that produces statements Musk would like or retweet.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Does anyone use Threads? I was on Twitter just trying to keep up with all the Escapist drama and I could not imagine wanting to regularly use this piece of shit. That there hasn't just been a mass migration to literally any other platform is astounding to me.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Does anyone use Threads? I was on Twitter just trying to keep up with all the Escapist drama and I could not imagine wanting to regularly use this piece of shit. That there hasn't just been a mass migration to literally any other platform is astounding to me.
Nah. Left the Meta hive some years ago, no plans on returning. Can't, actually, in the case of Threads, because it's not available in the EU on account of some data protection laws that Threads would absolutely run afoul of, or some such.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Nah. Left the Meta hive some years ago, no plans on returning. Can't, actually, in the case of Threads, because it's not available in the EU on account of some data protection laws that Threads would absolutely run afoul of, or some such.
I haven't signed up for Threads because supposedly you can't delete your account without deleting all your other Meta accounts as well. And while I'm barely on Facebook or Instagram, they are one of the few ways I can still interact with high school and college friends. Twitter was supposed to take over that role, but well...

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
So Elon said some shit that might've been a tad extremely racist and now several huge advertisers are bugging out.

Naturally, Musk has reached new levels of mad that his lawyers are absolutely going to need to talk him down from

IMG_3168.jpeg

Like, imagine what the discovery phase of this lawsuit would bring up

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So Elon said some shit that might've been a tad extremely racist and now several huge advertisers are bugging out.

Naturally, Musk has reached new levels of mad that his lawyers are absolutely going to need to talk him down from

View attachment 10157

Yes Musk; do it! So how much the biggest, bitchiest, and one of the most selfish scumbags on the face of this planet who you really are! Do it so I don't have to see Twitter anymore! I already do that of course, but this is just extra icing on the cake.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

View attachment 10157

I'm just waiting for him to sue to force companies to advertise on his platform. All in the name of "enabling free speech", of course.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I'm just waiting for him to sue to force companies to advertise on his platform. All in the name of "enabling free speech", of course.
Except he's not suing these extremely large companies who can easily hire very expensive lawyers, he's aiming at a non-profit with about $12 million a year revenue.

This demonstrates to us what an interesting concept of "freedom of speech" he holds.