Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The Great Reset if when they genocide most of the white people and enslave us to the "global" corporations with excessive deregulation and the weakening of government control over the multinationals

Why it's a conspiracy theory held by the right wing, which *also* supports enslaving us to the large multinationals through weakening government control and excessive deregulation is thinly veiled antisemitism

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
James Woods has opinions lol.

-

the great reset ?
Good question!

There are no suitably clear answers tho. I recommend the irreversible psychic damage of googling "The great reset memes" to understand the kinda vibes I cannot put in to words.

If you're lucky you might find the rare one subtly mocking their foggy beliefs;

ezgif.com-webp-to-png-29.jpg

And even that one is using an accurate quote from the crazies. (Minus "the plan:")

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As an aside, due to lack of regulations, people in the US end up with a lot of bugs in their food, compared to other western nations. Though, because of Breexit, the UK was considering scrapping a lot of its food regulations, so dunno if they are eating bug ridden US food yet.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
She ticks almost all the right boxes for the worst conspiracy-minded modern RW Elmo is courting so far...

Except for, uh oh.

The WEF is one of the main big bads in their dimension. Interesting.
Seriously, thank you. For work I have to manage several social media accounts, one of which has a whole lot of people responding with mentions of right wing conspiracy garbage. There was a huge influx of WEF stuff this morning, and since I don't follow that nonsense I had no idea why until just now.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

I generally like crazy-looking actors, but the problem is, they tend to be crazy. I love James Woods as an actor and I enjoy his filmography a lot, I'm always happy to spot Gary Busey in a movie, and... and we might have dodged a bullet by not having Klaus Kinski on twitter.

There are no suitably clear answers tho. I recommend the irreversible psychic damage of googling "The great reset memes" to understand the kinda vibes I cannot put in to words.

View attachment 8805

And even that one is using an accurate quote from the crazies
Well, actually, I ...don't disagree a lot with that ? I doubt "most" people will be transgender, but possibly a sizeable portion of the population (that is all those who currently aren't due to repression only), and if a far future scifi tech ever allows us to switch gender back and forth at will, I exect a lot of mobility beyond that (not exactly 2025 though). Also bug eating is really a thing that should hopefully develop in a near future, as it's an important, precious source of proteine that gets overlooked in many culture for simple representation issues (it's considered an icky, barbaric "foreign" food - like snails, frogs, horses, cats, dogs, snakes, worms, depending on the areas). And we essentially already are connected to a transhumanist super computer (the internet as a blob made of our mutual e-tendrils, the feedback-fed algorithms of google and others, our perpetual screen staring, etc), it's probable the trend will keep intensifying.

So, uh, yep. Could be phrased like that, why not. It may be a bit of a "di-hydrogene monoxyde" joke, though.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I generally like crazy-looking actors, but the problem is, they tend to be crazy. I love James Woods as an actor and I enjoy his filmography a lot, I'm always happy to spot Gary Busey in a movie, and... and we might have dodged a bullet by not having Klaus Kinski on twitter.

Well, actually, I ...don't disagree a lot with that ? I doubt "most" people will be transgender, but possibly a sizeable portion of the population (that is all those who currently aren't due to repression only), and if a far future scifi tech ever allows us to switch gender back and forth at will, I exect a lot of mobility beyond that (not exactly 2025 though). Also bug eating is really a thing that should hopefully develop in a near future, as it's an important, precious source of proteine that gets overlooked in many culture for simple representation issues (it's considered an icky, barbaric "foreign" food - like snails, frogs, horses, cats, dogs, snakes, worms, depending on the areas). And we essentially already are connected to a transhumanist super computer (the internet as a blob made of our mutual e-tendrils, the feedback-fed algorithms of google and others, our perpetual screen staring, etc), it's probable the trend will keep intensifying.

So, uh, yep. Could be phrased like that, why not. It may be a bit of a "di-hydrogene monoxyde" joke, though.
The key detail not being said is it supposedly being forced on everyone by cabal of baby torturing (for youth-preserving adrenochrome) "globalists" "communists" "not-jews" as they trap everyone in pods, owning nothing, give or take the odd detail change here and there. It goes on and on, giving one summary is going to miss other bits, cause there's just so much, so am definitely not providing a complete picture here. Oh and it's being covered up with "climate change" which they totally believe is made up lies solely to implement all this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

-

Good question!

View attachment 8805

And even that one is using an accurate quote from the crazies. (Minus "the plan:")
James Woods doesn't surprise me. He's always been right leaning. I never cared much for his movies anyways aside from Videodrome and him voicing Hades.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
James Woods doesn't surprise me. He's always been right leaning. I never cared much for his movies anyways aside from Videodrome and him voicing Hades.
Once Upon a Time in America happens to be one of the two or three best movies in the history of cinema. The Hard Way, Best Seller and Diggstown are immensely fun. Cop is... well, it is what it is, but as an Ellroy adaptation (a Lloyd Hopkins one at that !) it gets a free pass. Same with Vampires, which is a John Carpenter movie, so...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Once Upon a Time in America happens to be one of the two or three best movies in the history of cinema. The Hard Way, Best Seller and Diggstown are immensely fun. Cop is... well, it is what it is, but as an Ellroy adaptation (a Lloyd Hopkins one at that !) it gets a free pass. Same with Vampires, which is a John Carpenter movie, so...
I've only saw the first movie you mentioned, and it's good. Granted I vaguely remember it and it's been years. I don't know if it happens to be one of the best movies in the history of cinema. I'm not going to debate about it, because I really don't care much.

Same with Vampires, which is a John Carpenter movie, so...
Vampires is okay. It's better than Ghosts of Mars. It was about that point where Carpenters work was deteriorating. The guy can still film his ass off, but it was that time he was just picking up any job and throwing it out there. Big gaming fan too and he loves the FEAR franchise.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Videodrome was some pretty good casting. Cronenberg made a very good choice having the guy who gets brainwashed played by a real brainwashing victim.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Further stuff about the animal harm stuff mentioned before, prewarning to avoid reading beyond this if it's a subject that'll affect you severely. Is definitely something I have to stop myself thinking too much about with the aid of strong gin to keep the dark thoughts at bay.

Graphic videos of animal abuse have circulated widely on Twitter in recent weeks, generating outrage and renewed concern over the platform’s moderation practices.

One such video, in which a kitten appears to be placed inside a blender and then killed, has become so notorious that reactions to it have become their own genre of internet content.

Laura Clemens, 46, said her 11-year-old son came home from his school in London two weeks ago and asked if she had seen the video.

“There’s something about a cat in a blender,” Clemens remembered her son saying.

Clemens said she went on Twitter and searched for “cat,” and the search box suggested searching for “cat in a blender.”

Clemens said that she clicked on the suggested search term and a gruesome video of what appeared to be a kitten being killed inside of a blender appeared instantly. For users who have not manually turned off autoplay, the video will begin rolling instantly. NBC News was able to replicate the same process to surface the video on Wednesday.

Clemens said she is grateful her child asked her about the video instead of simply going on Twitter and typing in the word “cat” by himself.

“I’m glad that my child has talked to me, but there must be lots of parents whose kids just look it up,” she said.

The spread of the video as well as its presence in Twitter’s suggested searches is part of a worrying trend of animal cruelty videos that have littered the social media platform following Elon Musk’s takeover, which included mass layoffs and deep cuts to the company’s content moderation and safety teams.

Last weekend, gory videos from two violent events in Texas spread on Twitter, with some users saying that the images had been pushed into the platform’s algorithmic “For You” feed.

The animal abuse videos appear to predate those videos. Various users have tweeted that they have seen the cat video, with some trying to get Musk’s attention on the issue — some dating back to early May. Clemens said she flagged the video on May 3 to Twitter’s support account and Ella Irwin, the vice president of trust and safety at Twitter and one of Musk’s closest advisers.

“Young children know this has been trending on your site. My little one hasn’t seen it but knows about it. It should not be an autofill suggestion,” Clemens wrote.

Neither Irwin nor Twitter safety responded to the tweet, Clemens said.

Yoel Roth, Twitter’s former head of trust and safety, told NBC News that he believes the company likely dismantled a series of safeguards meant to stop these kinds of autocomplete problems.

Roth explained that autocompleted search results on Twitter were internally known as “type-ahead search” and that the company had built a system to prevent illegal, illicit and dangerous content from appearing as autocompleting suggestions.

“There is an extensive, well-built and maintained list of things that filtered type-ahead search, and a lot of it was constructed with wildcards and regular expressions,” Roth said.

Roth said there was a several-step process to prevent gore and death videos from appearing in autocompleted search suggestions. The process was a combination of automatic and human moderation, which flagged animal cruelty and violent videos before they began to appear automatically in search results.

“Type-ahead search was really not easy to break. These are longstanding systems with multiple layers of redundancy,” said Roth. “If it just stops working, it almost defies probability.”

Autocomplete suggestions in search bars are a common feature on many social media platforms, and they can often surface disturbing content. The terms for “dog” and “cat” autocompleted viral animal cruelty videos in Twitter’s search box Thursday, when NBC News contacted the company for comment. Twitter’s press account automatically responded with a poop emoji, the company’s standard response for the last month.

As of Friday afternoon, Twitter appeared to have turned off its autocomplete suggestions in its search bar.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Further stuff about the animal harm stuff mentioned before, prewarning to avoid reading beyond this if it's a subject that'll affect you severely. Is definitely something I have to stop myself thinking too much about with the aid of strong gin to keep the dark thoughts at bay.

This is one of the reasons why Twitter can die in a fire. Even before or after Musk. The fact it takes then this long to do anything or only do something when the bottom lines are effected (when the website was happy to drop Trump & his crazy supporters after he lost the election), shows that it doesn't even need to exist.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

This makes me incandescently irate.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
[the great reset] IIRC, it's when They finally take control/destroy/enslave Us.
It's about a lot more than that. We're seeing hints of a future that is in some ways full of possibilities but other possibilities of horrifying oppression.
Globalism and global trade are here and here to stay. You've probably heard of Klaus Schwab and the 4th Industrial Revolution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Industrial_Revolution Doesn't help that this guy looks and sounds like a Bond villain.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The key detail not being said is it supposedly being forced on everyone by cabal of baby torturing (for youth-preserving adrenochrome) "globalists" "communists" "not-jews" as they trap everyone in pods, owning nothing, give or take the odd detail change here and there. It goes on and on, giving one summary is going to miss other bits, cause there's just so much, so am definitely not providing a complete picture here. Oh and it's being covered up with "climate change" which they totally believe is made up lies solely to implement all this.
Just to be clear, when talking about babies murder etc, it is just Blood Libel again

Meaning it's the same nonsense that has been used to target millions of people for many thousands of years from Carthage to China to 1st century Christians to Jews to Native Americans to the Sudanese. It has killed literally billions of people and there is no way to argue people out of it

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Just to be clear, when talking about babies murder etc, it is just Blood Libel again

Meaning it's the same nonsense that has been used to target millions of people for many thousands of years from Carthage to China to 1st century Christians to Jews to Native Americans to the Sudanese. It has killed literally billions of people and there is no way to argue people out of it
When it's not enough for "those people" to be evil, when they have to be "super evil" for your scapegoating needs, accuse them of wanting to do bad things to your children.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The great reset is when any solutions to mitigating climate change or the environmental impact of our massive population and economic models are implemented, or even just suggested.
It's regressive propaganda to ensure we all go down in flames instead of making a better planet.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I'm afraid I didn't catch where and why you guys started talking about "The great reset", but I found out an interpretation of recent events on Twitter that puts the appointment of the new Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino in new light:

Maybe he made this appointment because he didn't want to be the man in charge when they release a bad piece of news, soon?

Oh, and the appointment of Ms. Yaccarino, in case someone missed it:

EDIT: I should pay more attention to you, the fellow posters; it was all in post #140.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde