Emma Stone Is Spider-Gwen In Amazing Fake Trailer

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Emma Stone Is Spider-Gwen In Amazing Fake Trailer

What would an Emma Stone Spider-Gwen movie look like? This trailer assembled from The Amazing Spider-Man footage gives us an idea.

Right now is the perfect time for alternate Spider-Man characters in comics, with everyone from <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141302-Marvel-Announces-New-Post-Secret-Wars-Miles-Morales-Spider-Man-Comic>Miles Morales to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142459-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Gwen-Returns-In-October-With-New-First-Issue#&gid=gallery_4718&pid=1>Spider-Gwen fighting crime while web-slinging. But every Spider-Man movie - <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139777-Marvel-and-Sony-Confirm-That-Spider-Mans-Joining-the-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe>even the upcoming Marvel Studios collaboration - has focused squarely on Peter Parker, which is getting a little strange. With so many reboots you think we'd have room for at least Ben Riley, let alone a fan-favorite such as Spider-Gwen. Thankfully, a new online "trailer" gives us exactly that, remixing The Amazing Spider-Man franchise to make Emma Stone its main superhero.

Marvel's Spider-Gwen is set in a parallel universe where Gwen Stacey was bitten by a radioactive spider instead of Peter Parker, starting her career as Spider-Woman. This trailer applies that formula to Sony's Amazing Spider-Man and transforms Emma Stone into the star. And outside of a few obvious CG and audio edits, it works surprisingly well - especially now that Captain Stacey hunts his daughter instead of Spider-Man.

The Spider-Gwen trailer incorporates her hoodie costume into the story, along with a tweaked white version of the original Spider-Man outfit for quick shots. It also makes Vulture the villain - thanks to footage pulled from Birdman - and while that costume is bulkier than I'd like it barely takes away from the action beats. It certainly doesn't hurt that Spider-Gwen looks like it would climax with a giant robotic vulture destroying buildings in New York City while Gwen and Captain Stacey rush to stop it.

So yeah. I'd say I'm ready for the Emma Stone Spider-Gwen movie now. Your move, Marvel.

Source: CBR

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It's okay. I mean, I know it's a fan-made trailer, but it's kinda meh. It's cool seeing someone try and bring the hoodie to life, though.

Apr 17, 2009
It also makes Vulture the villain - likely a nod to the Vulture Remixes series creating the video - and while that costume is bulkier than I'd like it doesn't take away from the action beats.
But possibly more likely because that's the Birdman get-up from...well, Birdman, which is I think where a lot of the Emma Stone lines are coming from.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, you changed the article. Clearly saw my scathing wit coming and edited accordingly. Huzzah, another victory!

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
piscian said:
Ok I watched the trailer.
Here are my thoughts

Out of curiosity, are you referring to the people behind the trailer? Marvel/Sony? Both? :)

Zelderahn

Feb 19, 2014
It's novel and a great fan-project, but the cosplay costume used isn't the best one I've seen. That and it hardly sells Spider-gwen beyond the first few lines, painfully mediocre when it shoots itself down after a brief moment of soaring.

A for effort.

On a sidenote: Considering how introducing multiverse and AU stories is what causes the comic book houses to reboot themselves ad-nauseum, it is horribly sad we probably won't see these different interpretations of the webhead on the silver screen. The non-enthusiast crowd would get an aneurysm.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Why do I get a feeling someone from Sony is taking notes right now from watching the fanmade trailer???

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It was pretty good, but not as good as this fan trailer. This one still gives me chills.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Ugh.

I absolutely detest "Spider-Gwen". She's one of the most egregious examples of mindless fan service that has been spawned recently. She's essentially Spider-Man but with all of the conflict that makes Spider-Man interesting sucked out via a vacuum and replaced with boobs.

I mean... "Hurrah, boobs!" or something. Whatever. Count me as completely not interested.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
It also makes Vulture the villain - likely a nod to the Vulture Remixes series creating the video - and while that costume is bulkier than I'd like it doesn't take away from the action beats.
But possibly more likely because that's the Birdman get-up from...well, Birdman, which is I think where a lot of the Emma Stone lines are coming from.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, you changed the article. Clearly saw my scathing wit coming and edited accordingly. Huzzah, another victory!
Vulture was the major villain in the first Spider-Gwen solo story arch. I would imagine that had a lot more to do with it.