Empty Parking Lot Highlights Minecraft's Mundane

Demitri Kamoraz

Apr 24, 2011
antipunt said:
Actually, I think this whole scenario reminds me about how -LONELY- minecraft can be. The melancholic music doesn't help T_T
I know. It reminds me of Indie Movies. ='(

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
It may not be as impressive as some of the structures I've seen before but it is still pretty cool though. A LOT of work put into it.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
I can't tell if the guy's sarcastic or not, but I really liked these.

Really stark, accurate. Simple things but rendered in clean, vibrant colors.

Cool stuff!

smegmar

Apr 20, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
There's also a Minecraft version of Rockall, a small, rocky islet off the coast of Scotland covered in bird poo, but that's getting a little too exciting if you ask me.
Rockall is actually of the coast of Ireland. Sorry to get all uppity about such a little point but it's actually a big matter of debate between 4 countries because control of the island would give control of large oil and fishing waters in the Atlantic.

read all about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockall

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
this is what i like to build too, because i have no imagination.

(proud owner of a legitimately built 2 story brick block house (in single player, and no mods))

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
viranimus said:
Its not an empty minecraft world... its a picture from 4 hours in the future /snicker

Yes, this illustrates my point of just how badly NPCs are needed in MC. More so than maps/skyworlds
So.. Sims?

Anarchemitis said:
Why is this news?

Shuttle Endeavor's Launch on Monday is more relevant and interesting, yet it did not get an article.
This is the site where pedophilia is considered ok and if you say anything against it you're an evil bastard.

Intelligent conversation is unfortunately no longer to be found. Kinda like OCAU. :(

Above topic of conversation is technically banned but I've seen more people banned for arguing against it than for so 'shrugs'

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Wow, great work on the review which you pretty much just ripped from the site.

If you're going to do that, just post a link and pics.

It's kinda funny though, someone does something which can almost be classified under the "games as art" and it's all "NEED NPC'S!!".

Boring people

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
I... I just got it, what Minecraft totally needs to do to impress me.

Use satellite world imagery to create all "known" places in earth down to every basic home and random stump, created as one massive work, in which anyone can enter/build/destroy anything, and have it refresh every 48 hours, think of the multi-player and multi-player mini-games they could add, i for one would get a big kick out of a server-wide scramble to trash famously loved/hated buildings/places in the world.