Enemies That Make You Go "Oh Fuck This"

Mar 9, 2010
Blood dragons in Skyrim. They're not the most difficult value wise, by far, but they're fucking awful when they attack you at low levels, especially when you're a sneaking character.

wabbbit

Jun 15, 2011
Squilookle said:
Everyone's all over the people and monsters- but nobody remembers enemy vehicles?

These guys seem a pushover at first, in Driver 1. If your felony is low you can outrun them, and they can be outsmarted too. Ramp up the felonies and they soon get super tough, coming at you in groups too. They have a super boost that they use when about to hit you, which can sometimes knock you onto your roof and end your run in one hit. Worst of all though, is that in Driver 1 free ride you will never beat them. Everything will build up to the inevitable moment where they pound your car into a wreck no matter how good you are at driving. Even with Invincibility on they can still wreck you by flipping you onto your roof.

This is a Shilka, from Operation Flashpoint. It is supposed to be an Armoured Anti-Air unit, with four rapid fire cannons spitting balls of death that pluck enemy choppers and aircraft out of the sky. In the game, however, it is near certain death to the player no matter -what- he's in. If it spots you, it swings round and opens fire, annihilating you in a matter of seconds. Armoured BMP, Attack chopper, Tank... it doesn't matter. The thing can hear your gunfire a mile away and is absolutely lethal.

A starfighter in TIE Fighter so overpowered it can destroy whole squadrons of lesser craft by itself. And you get to fly it. Freaking sweet, right? Not when an Imperial Admiral who has a squadron of them goes rogue and you find yourself squaring off against these savage killers, piloted by elite pilots with hearts colder than the inky depths of space itself.
Damn, how could I forget enemy cars.
So many sandbox games have police cars that would ram you into a wall as you go to turn, spawn out of nowhere in GTA to plough into you and blow you up...so.many.rage.moments.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Geth Hunters and Geth Primes on Insanity. And Banshees and Brutes. And Praetorians.

Actually, no enemy in Mass Effect is hard by themselves, but toss in some Cannibals and Marauders flanking you from all sides, and you're fucked. That last stand with the missile pods at the end of ME3 on Insanity is the most stressful fight in my recent memory. There were parts in the game I had to retry dozens of times. This part I got through on the first try, and still it was the one that made me want to cry.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
RJ 17 said:
I was never a fan of those little Flood bastards that jump from wall to wall and snipe the fuck out of you while you're dealing with the bigger members of the Flood.

Also: Any enemy that is 100% invincible across their entire body except for one pinpoint weak-spot.

Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer. I didn't know that robots could become addicted to crack AND meth, but those bastards somehow managed to do it. They just charge straight to your face in swarms of 5 and straight up gun you down worse than the poor bastard in the opening scene to Robo Cop.
Right there.

The flood that shot you were bullshit, at least the tanks or agile ones had the common courtesy of dying quickly.

Also Geth were OP'd in the mass effect multiplayer after just enough tweaking.

TeletubbiesGolfGun

Sep 7, 2012
RJ 17 said:
michaelarby said:
RJ 17 said:
Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer.
basically any enemy in Mass effect 3 on the harder difficulties. My particular favourite were the commandos who could throw a grenade 100 yards and have it land right at your feet even though a- you're behind cover, b- you havnt come out of cover and theyve no way of knowing you're there and c- they havnt even been in the room long enough to realistically know where an opponent is hiding.
My favorite grenade throw came when I was coming around behind some guys that were shooting at my team. Just as I take cover in a rear-flanking position, a dude chucks a grenade, forward (towards my team), it bounces off of something sticking down from the ceiling and sails right on over to land right next to me.

But the Rocket Troopers and Primes that can shoot through impossibly small cracks, the Hunters that refused to be "stumbled" and just keep blasting your face in, and the standard Geth Troopers having no other speed than "sprint forward while shooting with dead-on accuracy" really make the Geth my least favorite. Certainly doesn't help that they're also apparently the "zerg" race of the ME 3 multiplayer, always coming in massive swarms from multiple directions.
agreed on this, when the geth hunters/pyros come marching in, it's always in the ONE place you don't want them to, usually the opening behind you you were about to retreat to.

OT: any weapon/enemy that can stun you multiple times, while causing damage in between, fucking annoying beyond all belief.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
L0dest0ne said:
Not a video game, but I refuse to play any player who plays Necrons in Warhammer 40k. Fuck your respawn bullshit.
In vidya, probably Batrider from Dota 2. In the hands of a good player, he'll just cheese the hell out of you with the flame trail thingy and the lasso ult.
I approve of anti-necron racism. Carry on good sir

Kiyeri

Mar 8, 2010
Those skull zombie things from the Binding of Isaac. The ones where you have to shoot them in the back of their heads to do damage. Those ones are annoying without piercing tears or poison. Same thing with that enemy that has the heart and the mask. Those ones suck so much. Trying to shoot the heart while at least four of those masks zoom at you, doing 180 degree turns on a dime. Ugh, they do so much damage to me....

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
uchytjes said:
cazadores. F***ing cazadores from FO:NV. If at all possible, I'd sneak around them, but they usually just spot me anyway and kill EVERYONE.
O god yes these, i forgot about these in my first post but yes, these too.

I also want to add enemy AI driving cars in saints row 2 that were quite literally suicide bombers as they would ram into you while shooting their own vehicle from the inside so it would explode while you were on the ground. So many cheap deaths because the enemies infinitely respawn and have access to an infinite number of carbombs.

Morph

Oct 15, 2012
Country
United States
Basically any floating enemies that can freely move through walls. The banshee things in Dark Souls, and the Angels in DMC3 specifically. They just float behind walls where you can't get them, and then you have to run in circles and worry about where they're coming from, until they float back out to somewhere you can hit them without rebounding off the wall.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Lucifers Call)
Fucking hell, I hated this dick, he has an ability to maximize his agility (meaning he can hit you with near 100% accuracy and you are lucky if any of your attacks connect at all) and he cancels out any debuffs you put on him.
While this didn't make me go fuck this game , this guy get's honorable mention . The game is easy up to that point , he is used as a wake up call to say " TUTORIAL IS OVER BITCHES !" . First time i fought him on noram AND hard , he kicked my ass to hell , devoured my soul , and fucked my girlfriend . Great game though .

OT: I'm currently playing Dante's inferno for the first time . ALL the enemies are damage sponges , this game is terrible . I'm a gaming masochist , so this is my first playthrough and i'm doing it on hard , but holy hell is this the worst kindnof difficulty/challenge i have even gone through , seriously if my gamer's pride wasn't an issue i'd chuck this game out a window . But go to the whores from lust ( who take the form of the slavegirl you cheated on your wife with ). Fuck them to he... OH WAIT!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Tayh said:
Panzerkleins in Silent Storm.
this
the mod that removed those from the game was the best one i ever installed

full armies made up entire of super cheap troops in TW games, they are not a challenge but it just takes forever to slaughter your way through them and if you let the AI do the battle you loose soooooo many men

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
el_kabong said:
Johnny Impact said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Goddamn Carnifexes from Dawn of War 2. Those things shrug off anti tank rounds like small arms fire.
Really? I never had any trouble with them. They take some punishment but I don't recall losing a battle because of it.

Fexes are some of my favorite units in tabletop, though: Tougher than tanks and hit twice as hard, but their real power is intimidation. Chuck one of those beauties on the table, watch your foe concentrate all his firepower on it and commit entire assault squads in the often-vain attempt to destroy it.
As a Dark Eldar table-top player who rolls all poison shooting, Carnifexes don't scare me in the slightest. One of my local Nid players won't go one-on-one with me anymore after I dropped two Carnifexes to Overwatch. Gotta love Splinter Racks and re-rolls. Also, some insanely lucky rolling.
Oh, there are antidotes to everything. All I'm saying is Fexes are large and dangerous, they tend to command inordinate amounts of attention on the field.

My buddy with his Ork army likes to throw the chainsaw Boyz at me, the ones that invalidate any armor better than 4+. If they engage, bye-bye Carnie. On the other hand, I like to equip my Fexes with Stranglers against just that situation. Orks can't engage if they all die to large AOEs beforehand. Hello double shot, bye-bye mobs.....

Never actually played against the Emo Kids. I think you've got the rarest faction in the game.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
The chainsaw guys from RE4. Whenever I saw them I'd either pull out my Magnum or lob grenades like crazy. When I first saw him whenI was trapped in the house I fuckin ran to the roof clutching my anus.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
As soon as you hit the far future in Soul Reaver 2, these demons show up from the Hylden realm, and holy SHIT they are a *****, and in the Sarafan era they only get worse. The world map in the game is relatively small, and at the end of the game, you go from the highest point in the game ALL the way back to where you started, and the path is littered with demons, including, when you get back to the Pillars of Nosgoth, two of the hardest enemy in the game attacking you at the same time that can chase you between realms. And in very un-Legacy of Kain fashion, they don't even have anything interesting to say. Padding as fuck. Granted, however, that the designs are all cool as fuck.

Also, pretty much every enemy in the original Soul Reaver WOULD be a lolnope, IF they didn't get in the way of me solving block puzzles.

Seriously, I love Legacy of Kain with a passion, but those are some terribly designed games. Well, Defiance is ok, but it's DmC without the balls, and it detracts from puzzles. I like puzzles.

I also just tend to lolnope and hit the shoulder buttons and run whenever a Tonberry shows up. Fuck Tonberries.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Terminate421 said:
RJ 17 said:
I was never a fan of those little Flood bastards that jump from wall to wall and snipe the fuck out of you while you're dealing with the bigger members of the Flood.

Also: Any enemy that is 100% invincible across their entire body except for one pinpoint weak-spot.

Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer. I didn't know that robots could become addicted to crack AND meth, but those bastards somehow managed to do it. They just charge straight to your face in swarms of 5 and straight up gun you down worse than the poor bastard in the opening scene to Robo Cop.
Right there.

The flood that shot you were bullshit, at least the tanks or agile ones had the common courtesy of dying quickly.

Also Geth were OP'd in the mass effect multiplayer after just enough tweaking.
Seriously, it was those sniper-bastard Flood wall-hopper guys that essentially have armor lock. On Legendary they're ridiculously accurate, blasting you in the face if you so much as try to peek at them. So you hide and hope it de-evolves back to something you can actually kill before it hops onto a new wall for a better angle to keep fucking you over.

And yeah, I always thought the Geth were pretty damn tough. I learned that they nerfed Sabotage's effect against them. Fair enough. But then I quit playing for a while and when I came back, I learn that the buffed the Geth with more speed and such. I was like "Fucking really? They were already a pain in the ass for literally fearlessly charging right up to your face while blasting you. Now they're just ridiculous. "Patch update! We've made it so you can't grab pyros over barricades anymore!" Well go fuck yourself, Bioware. Sure they're fast, can cloak, come at you in swarms from all directions, can't be Sabotaged for nearly as long, have Primes that can throw out TWO turrets, and the Primes and Rocket Troopers can "snipe" you from across the map by shooting through a gap that's smaller than their projectiles, but we don't want you grabbing pyros anymore because that makes the Geth just too damn easy.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Ninjat_126 said:
Jfswift said:
Those poison dart blow gun mobs in blighttown, dark souls (down, down to goblin town..). Those guys piss me off. I always miss one.. somewhere..
At least they don't respawn.

From Dark Souls, my one true love:

1. The fucking Silver Knight Greatarchers in Anor Londo. There's two, you're on a narrow bridge, and their arrows knock you flying to instant death-by-fall.
jfswift said:
Those guys are crazy annoying. I usually just armadillo my way up that scary run with the wolf ring and some good heavy armor and pray I can get in close fast enough. Ive lost count how many times I've been knocked off that ledge. :p
hazabaza1 said:
Bonewheel Skeletons.
BONEWHEEL SKELETONS
FUCK THOSE GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS
Seriously, they've killed me so many times it's not funny.
I'm not sure there actually is any way to defeat them except to rely on luck. They're too fast for ranged attacks, in melee they just stunlock and shred you in seconds, they turn too quickly to dodge...
Haha, yea I forgot about those damn things. I usually run strength builds so I have a huge shield to turtle behind but I can see them being annoying otherwise.