Enemies That Make You Go "Oh Fuck This"

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Rocklobster99 said:
UncleUlty said:
Most of the enemies in the Karma tower because their either bosses(as commons) that require a weird set up to kill or Seth who's just a bastard to kill.Makes it all the funnier that the boss of the tower is pitifully easy compared to that shit.
Are you referring to the Karma Temple from Digital Devil Saga?

I hated that level.
Yeah that's what I meant to say. It was really tall and given SMT's hard-on for towers I just went and called it that.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
Ghouls aka BDSM Gollums from Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. The little fuckers are fast as lightning, take about a millisecond to stop running and start clawing at you, rarely stagger, kill you in about 2 hits AND take way too many hits before they snuff it.

I really don't care if it's cheap, whenever the opportunity is there, I'll just run up some stairs or get to high ground and keep kicking them in the face until they die from fall damage.

Taddy

Jan 28, 2010
Anything that has Chaos Wave, Chaos Breath or Evil Wave in Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Bloody hell that always pissed me off.

BlueKenja

Jul 4, 2011

Literally made me go "fuck this" to Silent Hill 2. Got to the end maze area where you know there are two of them there wandering around and I couldn't muster the courage to run through the maze knowing I might bump into one of them...

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
PrimitiveJudge said:

This guy, all ready to take on Tiamat and this fucker shows up and just ruins your day with a NUKE spell.
Yea on the narrow walkway heading to Tiamat. I remember running into him my first time in there (and then promptly running the other direction). He is way broken in the original (although not quite as annoying as those death spell wizards that cast rub? In the ice cave).

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Kopikatsu said:
Fluoxetine said:
The first time I fought Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls, I put the controller down, shook my head and went out to get drunk.

There seems to be a big "Dark Souls is easy" movement on this and other boards, and I accept that it could be, but if you try to tell me O and S are included in that statement I'll laugh in your lying face.
They were easy...on playthrough 1.

And then came NG+...

I actually still haven't beaten them, although I haven't played since they nerfed how horribly lightning damage used to rape you so they might be legitimately easy now.
Those two are really hard in solo but fun as hell in coop. Honestly one time I was coop soul farming and Ornstein had gone down, me and another guy pulled out pyromancy while the third guy pulled out the lightning spell I'm not sure what flavor but it resulted in quite a show.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Jfswift said:
PrimitiveJudge said:

This guy, all ready to take on Tiamat and this fucker shows up and just ruins your day with a NUKE spell.
Yea on the narrow walkway heading to Tiamat. I remember running into him my first time in there (and then promptly running the other direction). He is way broken in the original (although not quite as annoying as those death spell wizards that cast rub? In the ice cave).
the Sorcerers, those guys almost made the airship not worth getting, except it was required.

Ryan Myst

Jun 13, 2011
The black-ghost-guy from SCP Containment Breach. Since I've played, seeing him meant game-over. You could get past SCP-173 with some speed and maneuvering, but an advancing, noclip'ing, instakill is just terrible. (Yes, I know the game is/was unfinished.)

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
enriquetnt said:
You just said it yourself they have a HOLE in the shield, whit a good sniper rifle just shoot trough the hole (im playing on 360 with a controller and is quite easy) just get a sniper whit a big magazine even if the damage isnt that great, in the long run 20 200dmg bullets is more than 6 500dmg ones, and the really big damage snipers usually comes whit only 3 bullet magazines and hell long reload times, also corrosive grenades do wonders whit these guys they actually make them raise theyr shields
READ AGAIN

I said "THE ONES WITHOUT A HOLE IN THEIR SHIELD"

SajuukKhar said:
I hate those damn shield carrying Bandits in Borderlands 2, the ones without a hole in their shield.
Sorry i misread, still same strategy applies just a good elemental sniper and aim at wathever you can see, a foot, a knee, a bit of the shoulder, when the element hit (especially corrosion) they rise theyr shield in pain (or at least that what it looks like) then unload on the head, (im using the gunzerker and the game is a cake walk whit him you can just brute force push trough ANYTHING whit the right combination of big magazine elemental weapons, still i mostly snipe due to playing a LOT of hunter class in BL1))