Enemies You Always Have and Always Will Take Seriously...

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
I've never thought about this before, but I do agree the high dragons in Dragon Age: Origins are serious death dealers. God knows how many times I rang that stupid bell only to be slaughtered by that stupid ***** ass dragon. another one that comes to mind is just about every boss in super C. countless hours of frustration and torment from that game warped my childhood.

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
zpucek said:
Duriel from Diablo II. I hate that guy.
Oh Christ yes. My first playthrough I was just cruising through all opposition, wiping the floor with legions of skeletons, mummies, and God-knows-what-else, and then BAM. Duriel showed up, like a spiny, maggot-filled brick wall. I ended up having to grind my way up to two or three levels past him just to take him down, and even then it was a close thing.

In retrospect, much of that difficulty came from awful gear and a piss-poor understanding of proper character builds, but even so. "Looking for Baal?" Yeesh.

Oh, and Oblivion Knights from the same game. As a devoted user of the Zeal-Fanaticism Paladin build, I lived in constant fear of hearing the Iron Maiden curse's wail all through the Chaos Sanctuary. "Fleedle deedle dee...venom lords, doom knights, no swea...OH SHIT IRON MAIDEN STOP ZEALING PLEASE PLEASE PL--fuck."

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
MOTHERFUCKING MUDCRABS.

i use mmm for oblivion and i have the difficulty right up. one day on a leisurely stroll across the imperial bay weaponless and armourless just enjoying the graphics enhancing mods i had installed, fucking 12 of the bastards came out and mauled me .

ever since then i have been practising a doctrine of genocide and caution.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Goddamn Regeneraters from RE4.

Oh god, I'll never forget the first time I got killed by one of those things.

Ugh.
Seconded. Especially the first time I blew ones face and legs off. I thought it was temporarily harmless, so I proceeded to go past it, AND THEN THE FUCKER JUMPED AND BIT MY THROAT OFF!

Edward123454321

Mar 31, 2010
Bioshock - Big Daddies, Rosie on survivor.

Bouncer you can set up a perimeter of prox mines and trap bolts, Rosies aren't quite so stupid.

2 shots = X_X

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
ALKATRAZACAZ said:
Diablo, you always die from that firebeath of his, god i hate it.
+1 that always fucks my shit up too =D

Playing as a babarian didnt really help the situation either haha.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Sewer Rats in Tales of Symphonia.

I'm talking about the little ones too, not the ones that are twice your size. I hate small enemies because their hard to hit and then combine that with the fact that they can poison you, I don't care how weak they are. As soon as the battle starts, I avoid every other enemy until the rats are dead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and just because I have horrible luck, Enclave soldiers in Fallout 3. I wasn't even level 10 yet and one of those spawned (even though I don't think they're supposed to until Project Purity). He nearly killed me but thanks to a Stealth Boy I had I planted a couple of bottlecap mines around him. Unfortunately, he then saw me and the mines didn't kill him, but out of a stroke of luck, one shot from my shotgun from at least 20 feet away killed him.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
MiracleOfSound said:
Cowabungaa said:
Poison headcrab zombies in HL2, and the poison headcrabs themselves.

This will make you poop your pants:

No it won't. It's a poison headcrab, which can only reduce me to 1HP, so as long as I don't stub my toe on something, I'll be fine.

Anyway, I always take the Cyberdemon seriously. He does, after all, have huge guts.

Aerakade

Aug 15, 2008
Super Mutants and Deathclaws. I played Fallout 1&2 first so when I first saw a supermutant in Fallout 3 I just went absolutely fucking ballistic running and launching nukes...(yes plural) Then I realized I killed him and he only had a club or something anyway, I later discovered I could slaughter them by the dozens with a bolt action rifle. Oh well.

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
1. fast zombies and hunters in HL2. Oh god and manhacks...
2. TANK!!!! RUN!!!
3. Master Hand in Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Juggernought, MW2

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Poison Zombies in Half Life 2.

Even after playing through the game x amounts of times, they have snuck up on me, barely able to hear them.

Taddy

Jan 28, 2010
Everything in Dark Messiah - Might and Magic. For some reason they never seem to die. At one point of the game i kicked an orc down a flight of stairs and stabbed him in the stomach area...5 times. He got back up again and one shot me with his shield somehow. If you can't find a spiked wall or sneak behind them as an assassin and do the instant kill you're in for a fun time.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Malboro

[http://img826.imageshack.us/i/malboro8b.jpg/]

No other monster makes me go Oh sh- like these evil plants do.

They silence you, poison you, put you to sleep, and all sorts of other fun status ailments in one hit on your entire party.

Chogg Van Helsing

May 27, 2010
Zombies from Oblivion.

Saren from ME1, he is just too badas to be ignored.

Husks from ME2

Drgonite in pokemon... DAMN YOU LANCE!

Oh, and the Nightbringer in warhammer...

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
Fast zombies in HL2. It wouldn't be so bad were it not for that scream. That has to be the scariest battle cry I have ever heard.
Any boss in the megaman series. I must terminate them with extreme prejudice.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
I've taken out countless baddies 10x my size, I've face the Omega Pirates... but I'll be damned if I ever keep my cool around a damned War Wasp from Metroid Prime. I have this thing against bees even in real life. Small, hard to hit creatures that you can easily lose track of until they drive a needle deep in to your skin. Icing on the cake, there's venom too. So whenever I'm faced with War Wasps I go in to a Frenzy like no other.

This is why I always sniper their nests from a distance... with missiles.
Kalabrikan said:
Any time I faced Diddy Kong in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I had to keep my guard up.
That giant, purple, can-kill-you-with-one-cheap-shot Diddy probably didn't help. That guy's harder then Taboo.
Cowabungaa said:
Poison headcrab zombies in HL2, and the poison headcrabs themselves.
Those thing right up scare unnerve me.
chromewarriorXIII said:
Sewer Rats in Tales of Symphonia.

I'm talking about the little ones too, not the ones that are twice your size. I hate small enemies because their hard to hit and then combine that with the fact that they can poison you, I don't care how weak they are. As soon as the battle starts, I avoid every other enemy until the rats are dead.
What's worse about the tiny, poisonous enemies is that game designers seem to have no problem throwing 5 to ten of them at you every chance they get.

EDIT: Oh yes, and I completely agree with the OP.

Re-Deads are not to be trifled with! -shutter-