Enemies You Always Have and Always Will Take Seriously...

Bibliotekaren

Jul 18, 2009
Banelings from Starcraft 2. More specifically, burrowed banelings. Whenever those pop I go numb with terror and rage.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Other players. Nothing will ever be the amount of creativity, resilience, and plumb good luck of my fellow man.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Those... God.... Damned.... Jackal.... Snipers!!!

The first time playing Halo 2 on Normal difficulty I had grown used to them not really being that much of a hazard (first time playing I did it on easy) so low to my surprise when suddenly I get shot in the head by a tiny target from the other side of the map, every single time I even exposed one tiny inch of my physical form.
I can't even tell you how loudly I swore during Heroic and Legendary playthroughs.

Also obviously I respect the Sangheili of the Halo games but that's mostly just reverence to how mighty and awesome they are.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Teeth Kicker said:
The Crimson Zombies from the "Resident Evil" re-make for the Gamecube. One of the added bits to it was the fact that you had to burn the zombies bodies....or they came back to life as zombies that sprinted at you, covered in blood, with gigantic Wolverine-style claws.
The best part was walking over what you assumed was an already dead enemy, only having it to pop right back up and start screaming and dashing at you. FML where the only three letters that came to mind. Plus running down those narrow ass hallways from them and running into another one just made it an even bigger party.
I though I was the only one! Nothing worse than walking along only to find one chasing you! Then before you know it another bursts down a door and you have two coming for you. That was not fun.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
The enemies I respect. The ones that made me sit up when shit got real?

Any deadite. ANY. Doesn't matter which, they're all creepy as hell and deadly as fuck. 9-ball from armored core. The monks from Tenchu Wrath of Heaven.

Tonberries. Those god damn Tonberries. First one I ever fought was in FF8 halfway through Odin's dungeon. I made it to the lift before I encountered a single one. It shows up and I'm all "hot damn whats this lil runt? He doesn't even attack." Inched all the way up to my trio, Squall, Rinoa and Zell who I kept at 300 for all the limit breaks (I'd mastered a powerful infinite combo). Took the lil bugger near 20 turns and I was just wacking away at it thinking it'll die sooner or later, because Squall had the Lionheart, the Darskide ability and 9999 HP. I couldn't get him to damage below 9998 if I wanted to. Then suddenly, instead of inching forward. Lil ol tonberry turns to the right, hobbles up to Rinoa...

Doink.

OHH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK ME!

I immediately broke out the infinite combo from Zell and hammered into the guy, inputing combos every .2 seconds over 6 minutes or something like that and he - would - not - die. Doink, Zell is dead. DOINK Squall is at 1 HP. BOOM last hit drops him.

I had no health potions and no phoenix downs, didn't realize I was running low. I've never encountered a more harrowing moment in my gaming life than trying to walk out of that dungeon.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
kwagamon said:
Any given full-sized dragon in Dragon Age: Origins. I fought both Flemeth and High Dragon 3 times before given up, and the Archdemon nearly broke my spirit.
The high dragon was fine, even if I only had Morrigan at the end, and spent most of the time spamming health and lyrium potions. Flemeth broke me so quickly I simply gave up and decided to lie to Morrigan, and the Archdemon was fine if you let your troops do all the work and just shot it with a ballista repeatedly.

Ogres, however... They're easy to beat, and I know it. But the first one I encountered just picked my main character up and punched him in the face until he died. The rest of my team couldn't kill him quickly enough to stop that from happening. It came down to a one-on-one between my dog and the ogre at the end. The dog won, but only just. Since then, I've always tried to take ogres down from as far away as possible. Hell, even in the end game they can pick you up and batter you. It's just a lot easier to kill them before they deal the final blow by then.

Ooh, my 1337 post! I am teh hardc0rez!

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Harold Donchee said:
Terminalchaos said:
Nothing is more sinister, however, than that damn left paddle in Pong.
How about Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde from Pac-man? You cant eat them over and over, but they keep coming back. God help us if they ever get out of that maze..
Well The Ghostbusters are busy making cameos, but by Oblivion logic all you would need Is a large sharpened chunk of silver, or this could happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWL6j0SvqV0

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Why would I make fun of you? God, I have nightmares about the original ReDead, the less said about the new ones the better.
And the original ReDead are my answer; although scarier, the newer kind were rather silly looking.
The old ones were just... there. They didn't put on any spooky acts, they just wanted your neck in their mouth. Creepy as hell.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
ToAsTy McBuTTeR said:
Mass Effect: Husks. i hate hate HATE them. just when i think my shogun has it... it takes a hard left and ruins my shot. and then they explode. thorian creepers too cause they dodge and then they puke on you... gross.

Oblivion: zombies. they are just fricken CREEPY.
i agree with the mass effect one, but ZOMBIES! you can kill them before you complete the tutorial!, deadroth, in fact all deadra except scamps on the other hand...

i just run through the plane of oblivion every time i have to.

Jun 26, 2009
Anima off FFX.
That thing is creepy! Though surprisingly easy in battle, but still creepy. *shudders*
If we're on about normal enemies I'll go for the Ochu also off FFX.
the first time you encounter them they are overpowered but optional, thankfully.

LOZFFVII

Mar 26, 2010
Yuugi Hoshiguma (Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism, stage 3 boss)
Actually harder than than the stage 4 boss in some cases. She has one pattern that involves shots moving diagonally at speed - it's pure guesswork as to how to dodge, and is quite often down to luck.

Orin Kaenbyou (Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism, stage 5 boss)
I. HATE. ORIN.
Stupidly easy to die against Orin. Often easier to die against her than the final boss...

On a different note:
Wobbuffet (Pokemon games)
Challenging because of:
1) Shadow Tag (keeps your pokemon in battle)
2) Counter (deals double the damage inflicted on Wobbuffet back at attacker, physical-based)
3) Mirror Coat (deals double the damage inflicted on Wobbuffet back at attacker, special-based)

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
the Geth Colossus. I am never going to be able to destroy this thing by just shooting at it, I always just end up ramming into the damn thing toppling it then backing off, shooting it, hoping it wont get up to blast it and then it does. Praetorian too, he always comes at the worst moments the barrier refilling bastard. oh and a Lakitu is always trouble.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Any final boss in a Final Fantasy game. And I mean Final Boss as in the last one who's a real boss, not the actual last one (like in VII the 'last battle' was scripted so it was impossible to lose, but the real 'final boss' would be Safer Sephiroth. Or Braska's Final Aeon in X, since after that you can't lose since you have Auto-Life permanently enabled...).

Seriously, I've had FFX for several years and I've still never beaten Braska's Final Aeon. However, I haven't played it in two years since I've been at university and can't take the PS2 with me, but still... Just reached him again yesterday though and now I have Anima (who can do 99,999 damage from it's Overdrive), so it shouldn't be too difficult anymore, provided I can deal with Petrification (which the stupid strategy guide book mistyped as Zombification leading to my defeat almost instantly last night...)...

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Hell Knights in Doom 3, Xen Warriors in Half-Life, and the Combine Elites in Half-Life 2 spring to mind. The latter especially given their ability to one-shot you if you aren't looking their way. Brutes in Dead Space may count too but at least I eventually learned to handle them.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Goddamn Regeneraters from RE4.

Oh god, I'll never forget the first time I got killed by one of those things.

Ugh.
Those things were fucking scary, bro.

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
Deathclaws in Fallout 3.

First time I came across one was walking across the wastelands and hearing a funny noise. I looked left, I looked right and then i looked behind me just in time to see two huge claws swoop down and decapitate me.

Seaf The Troll

Jul 6, 2010
there is just one boss for me. and I really really ran like hell stop ran.. than ran some more and it's

pyramid Head from silent hill 2, god did that make me jumpy when I was playing the game for the first time in the middle of the night, in my mind one of the best bosses and games to date number 2 of my all time fav's

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Whats that chinese sounding beast monster in Fallout 3 called again? Because that thing will rape your face with its claws

Hmm...Brumak and Reavers in Gears of War oh and RAAM, Skorge was easy but RAAM is walking death sent from the apocalypse with a team of kryll to rape your face apart.

Ninja Gaiden 2 dogs...oh the 2 foot tall four legged horror

Witches and Tanks on L4D's hardest difficulty.

rookie.of.the.year

Jul 30, 2010
Hmmm... in my ps2 days I was just point blank scared of project zero :)

In demon souls, in shrine of storms, the wraith things and the reapers, lame they have one hit kill laser rays!