Enemies You Always Have and Always Will Take Seriously...

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
One I always hated was the suicide runners in Resistance 2. The first time I encountered one I was on the Chimera ship, and I turned a corner, and one ran up to me and blew up before i could even shoot. When I reloaded I went back, and after I killed him there was even more!

The invisible conduits in inFAMOUS also really pissed me off. Im just casually doing a mission and BAMN! Shotgun to the spine. Then they run off. Bastards to find after that.

Coreals from FFX were a ***** when they status-bombed one of your characters. Ethers arent cheap.

As for Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts 1,I beat him at lvl 47. I used a trick where every time he used a special move i would use strike raid. It makes you invincible and tracks him sometimes.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
EVERY human player i encounter in low-sec on EVE online. Even if they're in good standing with the law I still hover my mouse over 'Lock Target' and have my fingers on the gun battery hot-keys.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Anything lightning enchanted from Diablo 2. Screw you and your lightning bullshit. Only i should be able to do that!

Also Nuke Cannons from Command and Conquer generals.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
ToAsTy McBuTTeR said:
Red Dead Redemption: cougars. well here i am finished skinning my last buffalo. now to mount my fastest horse in the game and... horse falls over dead. DAMNIT COUGAR! bears too because they tend to show up every time i try to skin the one i killed. make me feel uneasy for the next half hour.
My first encounter with a cougar was like this...I was hanging around Fort Mercer after the story event, and all of a sudden i hear the cougar's roar. BAM takes out my horse and knocks me down. I quickly pull out my rifle and kill it. A sense of safety filled the air. I proceeded to skin the beast and prepared for the walk back to town(before horse respawned). Out of thin air, a second cougar pounces, and knocks me down. Before i could get up a lone wolf lunges at me and kills me. My jaw was dropped in disbelief, I was under the impression that cats and dogs didnt like each other, but looks like they will work together to kill John Marston.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
LordNue said:
...it's at least doable if you throw/kick the puppies back at him.
Kinky.

Anyway, Cougars in RDR. Not because they were so tough, but because they almost always killed my horse before I noticed them. Fuckers.

Interesting little story, I was volunteering at a zoo with a cougar this week, and I think the fucker sensed my twenty plus cougar bodycount, she kept stalking me.

rankfx

Jul 24, 2010
Ghosts in Project Zero (or Fatal Frame in some places). Death in Castlevania games... always kicks my ass.

Polyg0n

Jul 16, 2009
Blood Suckers from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Sure it is possible to see those floating eyes, but I still take ridiculous damage every time I have to face one.

bluejet

Feb 22, 2010
BigDaddys from bioshock when you first fight them. when I killed my first one, I pist of another one, and just my luck after killing him, a stray bullet pist of another one.

the L4D/L4D2 Zombies and special infected, any of the infected can kill you if you alone

Fallout 3, the fire ants in the beginning, and any one in power armor

The husks and collators in mass effect 2

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Any archer enemy in Mabinogi. Sure they are weak and will die in one or two hits but each of their hits have a chance of knocking you away from them, doing decent damage, wounding you up to 50% of that damage given (removing a portion of your health bar that cant be replaced by simple healing potion or spells), and on top of that they normally attack in pairs. They make easy dungeons into deathtraps, especially for my character who only has close range attacks.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Cougars in Red Dead Redemption: HOLY SHIT A GHOST JUST RIPPED MY THROAT OUT!!

Iron Tager in BlazBlue: I can't even get close to him, the damn AI spams his overpowered throws.

Demons in God Hand: If they hit you on Level 3/Die, you might as well give up.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
those S&M chicks from Streets of Rage for the Sega Genesis. They always burned up my extra lives.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
bak00777 said:
ToAsTy McBuTTeR said:
Red Dead Redemption: cougars. well here i am finished skinning my last buffalo. now to mount my fastest horse in the game and... horse falls over dead. DAMNIT COUGAR! bears too because they tend to show up every time i try to skin the one i killed. make me feel uneasy for the next half hour.
My first encounter with a cougar was like this...I was hanging around Fort Mercer after the story event, and all of a sudden i hear the cougar's roar. BAM takes out my horse and knocks me down. I quickly pull out my rifle and kill it. A sense of safety filled the air. I proceeded to skin the beast and prepared for the walk back to town(before horse respawned). Out of thin air, a second cougar pounces, and knocks me down. Before i could get up a lone wolf lunges at me and kills me. My jaw was dropped in disbelief, I was under the impression that cats and dogs didnt like each other, but looks like they will work together to kill John Marston.
well everyone else in the damn game is out to kill him.

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
Deshara said:
Oh it's been a while since I've done anything but rock TF2, but... Bears, Red Dead Redemption. They hunt in packs..!
Cougars and Wolves too. Thank god for the bolt action rifle. Or if I have no dead eye left, semi-auto shotgun does pretty well too.

OT: Big Daddies rom Bioshock, Seth, Rufus, and Ryu on Super Street Fighter IV. I learned quick to never jump unless necessary XP. The poltergeist sections of Alan Wake. Tanks on Left for Dead 2 on Expert.

EDIT: Also Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2, as well as the guy from Organization XIII who manipulates water. My first ever rage quit. (as well as my second and third)

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
ToAsTy McBuTTeR said:
Mass Effect: Husks. i hate hate HATE them. just when i think my shogun has it... it takes a hard left and ruins my shot. and then they explode. thorian creepers too cause they dodge and then they puke on you... gross.

Oblivion: zombies. they are just fricken CREEPY.
i agree with the mass effect one, but ZOMBIES! you can kill them before you complete the tutorial!, deadroth, in fact all deadra except scamps on the other hand...

i just run through the plane of oblivion every time i have to.
i didnt say they were difficult, hell everything in oblivion is a little too easy. the point was that they CREEP ME THE HELL OUT. it has no head. why is it still trying to kill me? why does it take more than a shove to kill a headless armless corpse? of all zombies, of all undead, i hate the oblivion zombies most.

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
Hunters from Halo
Any kind of Radscorpian from Fallout 3 and Deathclaws, somehow they always sneak up on me and scare the shit out of me when I turn around to see whats attacking me.
Any kind of heavy or melee unit from either Mass Effect that come up to where my cover is and forces me to go find someplace else.