English Version of Massive Skyrim Mod Enderal Released - See the New Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
English Version of Massive Skyrim Mod Enderal Released - See the New Trailer

A new trailer shows off the English version of Skyrim total conversion mod Enderal.

Back in July, the Skyrim total conversion mod Enderal launched, but it was only available in German. The mod was the the latest effort from the SureAI team, who also developed the Oblivion mod Nehrim - At Fate's Edge. Over the weekend, the promised English language version was released, along with a new English language trailer.

As with the German version, you can expect to find anywhere from 30 to 100 hours of gameplay in the mod. While the gameplay world is smaller than that of Skyrim, it is filled with things to do. The official mod description says that,

"It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters."

Enderal is fully voiced, and include a housing system, survival mechanics, and more. If that sounds like your sort of thing, you can get more information by visiting the Enderal.com [http://sureai.net/games/enderal/].

[gallery=6406]

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Trailer isn't that great... Voice-acting needs a little work. Footage itself looks very intriguing though.

Jan 12, 2012
iseko said:
Cool. Is it just me though or is the plot a lot like mass effect?
That's definitely what is sounds like. But if a derivative plot is the worst thing about it, it's definitely worth looking into, especially because you can get Skyrim dirt cheap.

Do have to wonder if it can accept texture mods for Skyrim, although it's nice enough that could could play Enderal straight.

BareHope

Aug 12, 2014
iseko said:
Cool. Is it just me though or is the plot a lot like mass effect?
The basic concept - yes. But I'm about halfway into the story now (the mod offers a lot to explorers, so I've been sidetracked a lot), and the game has been dealing out some hints that not all is as clear cut as it seems at first.

BareHope

Aug 12, 2014
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Do have to wonder if it can accept texture mods for Skyrim, although it's nice enough that could could play Enderal straight.
Assets have been re-used, but not that many, and some have been altered to the needs of the game. Others have been newly created.

From what I've seen in the Creation Kit so far I'd make the educated guess that a lot of meshes and textures from Skyrim mods can be re-used, but need to be packaged into their own Enderal-specific mods.

EDIT: Some seem already to exist, see here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=105

BareHope

Aug 12, 2014
The Rogue Wolf said:
So as a total conversion, this is pretty much like a new game, right? As in you'd have to start a new character from scratch?
Yes.

Mechanically all the skills are different (at least a bit) and the leveling mechanic is, too.

On the lore side the game plays in a different world with no ties to Tamriel.