May 27, 2008
IceStar100 said:
Yes
oranger said:
IceStar100 said:
oranger said:
wooty said:
Seems bullshit that the suspects were released "pending further investingation"

How much more evidence to the police need?
It happens all the time dood...the cops just don't want to see the two cute lil budding sociopaths get raped in "real" jail while they await trial.

That and most stations can't be arsed.
Not always true. Here in fort worth texas you can't even turn your self in. Sadly we just don't have the money. No one was hurt bad and the crooks got the crap beat out of them. For something like this it just not worth spending what little tax pay money we get. Say what you want but a better police force cost more then most are willing to pay.
Oh I understand, and its not like crime is going away so resources have to be spent carefully.
To be honest yes. Remember there a limit of how many can be in cell and a guard to prisoner ratio belivie it or not. Plus food, clothes, ect that has to come out. They where using there fist. If you don't mean this sarcastic I'm sorry. I just put up with people saying we are doing a crap job but at the same time knowing we our being stretched to the breaking point.
no sarcasm at all. It's not the polices fault social program budgets are the first to get slashed when money gets tight.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Wait... he fought for a DS but not the safety of his fellow gamers?

Yay for standing up for yourself. Boo for the wrong reason

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Awesome! Its a shame i dont have a place liek that wher ei live because the beatings would happen every other day :/

Lukahart

Jul 22, 2010
I would like to say "awesome" seeing some nerds defendind what they like and kicking some bullies butt, but...what the hell. NERD POWER RULEZ!!!

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Tonight on Animal Planet: Nerds in the Wild!

The average nerd is a solitary, humble creature, known for it's tendency to avoid violence and society in general. However, a large group, or 'Zerg', of nerds can be a great threat. Much like the sleepy yet deadly hippopotamus, the nerd will defend it's prized possessions with it's life, as these poor unwitting thieves are soon to discover...

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Thedayrecker said:
Wait... he fought for a DS but not the safety of his fellow gamers?

Yay for standing up for yourself. Boo for the wrong reason
I don't think it's about that. A lot of people lead very shielded lives, so when they're confronted with something like the robbery they often don't even know how to react, until something finally sets them off. It might have finally made it real to the one most willing to fight back when they tried to take something from him, or it may just have taken long enough for the reality to sink in when they finally got to him, and seeing one fight back often spurs others into action as well.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
pending further investigation? What BS is this you have eye witnesses and video.

Ether way good on these guys for taking a stand and putting that nerd rage perk from fallout 3 to good use.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Its a shame how an internet cafe nerd is more interested in justice than the police.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
They didn't really have a gun. If they did, they would have shown it the instant they walked in the door. Anyways, this is pure awesome! Hear that, assholes? We nerds are no longer the ones you can give wedgies to and stuff into lockers! The day of retribution is at hand, and soon you shall cower in fear at our might! It will happen as soon as I un-stuff myself from this trash can.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I was at an overnight LAN party at my university when some thug came in off of the street and tried to take our cash box (totaling more than $400). He just grabbed it and tried to run off, but some vigilent gamers by the door managed to trip him up on his way out.

A girl I know who happened to be sponsoring the event grabbed him, twisted his arm around, and threw him to the floor. At that point, myself and about 5 other gamers jumped on him and held him until police arrived. I ended up getting out of the dogpile and rounding up larger, more athletic gamers (who knew? They DO exist) to act as enforcers if he managed to wrestle free.

I was tempted to give him a, "Boot to the head," since I was wearing my brand new combat boots that night, but I figured it would hurt our case if I had. I have to admit... I have never been more tempted to seriously injure someone in my life - especially since he deserved it.

The best part was that he was still belligerant when the police tried to take him away, so he got maced a few times.

On the downside, he pissed on the floor. I'm not sure whether he was just that intoxicated or just that terrified, but if I had to guess, the former was the most likely.

The moral:

Don't fuck with gamers!

I have a photo of him on my old cell phone - being held by a pile of nerds. I'm hesitant to post it though since I'm not sure whether charges are still pending; even though it was over a year ago. Needless to say, I take a glance at it whenever I need a laugh. He looks so stupid.

If I can find my old phone, I may download the photo and post it here if the people involved in the incident say it's ok. :)

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Stories like this make me smile and restore pride in my chosen subculture. :-D
It's good to see geeks rising up and showing they won't be pushed around.

In all seriousness, these robbers were beyond stupid. They'd been there before, so they had to know about the cameras, and that there was a chance someone might recognize them. And they send in two guys, unarmed, into a store with 9 or 10 people and try to rob it? Even if you don't play strategy games, you gotta know that's not a winning scenario.
If someone tries to rob me and they don't show a weapon, they're going to have to fight me.

LJJ

Nov 14, 2009
I'm rolling on the floor over that gamer in the video who's talking about how gamers "want to be supermen" and have a tendency to be heroic.

Hahahahahaha.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Nerds: Mess with their consoles or handhelds, and they will FUCK. YOU. UP.

This story brings a tear of pride to my eye.

Om Nom Nom

Feb 13, 2010
Nerd Rage, Best Rage. >:V

Reminds me of when someone tried to pick my pocket some time ago. Though I guess tackling the guy against a wall, breaking a couple of ribs in the process (I'm not exactly a light-weight), was, uh... a little bit of an overboard knee-jerk reaction.

But hey, self defence FTGW.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I think the best thing to take away from this is that a bunch of "thugs" and "playas" got their asses handed to them by nerds.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I'm always the last person to fight back. Unless they get physical with me, I will never defend myself, even to the point where I don't respond if they insult me. The few times anyone has ever attacked me has ended in them being suspened (in one case expelled), and people congradulating me for standing up for myself. Hell, every time I've gotten into a fight during my school years, the principal himself has patted me on the back.

Hold your anger inside, and show those around you that you have no fault. For when the dam breaks, and their violent tempers flare, you can say "I didn't start it, but I sure as hell finished it."

Gamers will always rip you to shreds when you touch their stuff, even if they're your best friend, the second you go touching their console without their permission, you'd better be ready for a busted nost (or a sore ear, either one).