Enter the Dominatrix Pulls Out of Saints Row: The Third

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I'd prefer Enter the Dominatrix to be a stand alone DLC to SR3 really. Superpowers seems more like a ridiculous DLC type of thing. I rather not have the game go more bat shit crazy then SR3 did.

I won't really care though long as they bring back Tara Platt as Female Voice 2.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I'm actually pretty excited for saints row 4 now. Think about it, the position they're now in, they NEED to make this good, they need to put all the effort, time, and money into it that they can. Hopefully, it'll produce something brilliant.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm actually kind of glad they're doing this actually. It's kind of like hearing about DLC for a game that doesn't have a release date...only in reverse...ya know what I mean? It's too bad to hear that SR4 will likely be another barrel-drum load of the wackiest of tabacky...but maybe it'll be more like Saint's Row 2? Hopefully...Honestly though I'm still kind of pissed that they cancelled Saint's Row - Drive By.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
So, people who bought th season pass with the promise of all DLC can... What? Eat dicks I guess?

I don't mind that they're thinking long term, it's admirable and who knows, this mightt pay off and SR4 might be phenominal.
But I paid for ALL my DLC* and I'd like to have all my DLC...

(*With the season pass I mentioned, if you don't know, it was a DLC pack that gave you all DLC to follow for free.)

EDIT: Seems I'm a it of a nob and didn't realise that this expansion wasn't included in the offer, ah well. Guess that's one less thing to be pissy about. Good times.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Two was ample, Three was ambitious, Four we might hope will be all this and more.
Who can blame them for wanting them to do it right? Plenty of other games to play in the meantime. :)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Irridium said:
I'd say this is a good thing. More focus on making a big, full game for $60 rather than a much smaller game for $60 and craploads of DLC.
In other words make it more like Saints Row 2 and less like Saints Row 3.

I'm guessing they didn't sell too much DLC for Sints Row 3 (even though they started selling DLC on launch day) so they're going to roll the leftovers into another game. I'm hoping that SR4 isn't just a mashup of leftover dlc.

The thing is that they can only sell a ton of dlc if the game is a big hit but if the game isn't a big hit and they're committed to the dlc already, they've fucked themselves. THQ (and a lot of other publishers) have been banking too hard on the notion that gamers will buy $20-$40 of dlc for their games.

I feel bad for the Season Pass suckers; didn't they already pay for that?

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Archemetis said:
So, people who bought th season pass with the promise of all DLC can... What? Eat dicks I guess?

I don't mind that they're thinking long term, it's admirable and who knows, this mightt pay off and SR4 might be phenominal.

(*With the season pass I mentioned, if you don't know, it was a DLC pack that gave you all DLC to follow for free.)
The season pass was never going to give you the expansion pack.

'With the Saints Row: The Third Season Pass you gain access to three future mission packs?Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones?for expanded gameplay with everyone?s favorite street gang. And as a bonus, you gain immediate access to all-new costumes and vehicles from Steelport?s #1 television drama?Nyte Blayde. Strap it on!'

Which makes sense, why would they give you free access to a $30 expansion for buying a $15 DLC pack?

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Archemetis said:

Not entirely accurate. It bought you the three 'story expansions' and ONE extra homie, while all the other stuff you STILL have to pay for.

As much as I loved Saints Row 3 (one of the few games I still play after getting the plat) its one of my few DLC regrets getting the season pass, because the three packs it gets you are actually cheaper to buy individually.

I was modestly excited for Enter the Domintrix, but if they're folding it into SR4, thats cool. However, I suspect that instead of getting a 'full' game PLUS this DLC as part of it, they're going to have far far less content in SR4 and just have the Enter the Dominatrix content (which is mostly completed right?) as padding so they don't have to do as much extra work.

I don't mind the Saints Row 3 whackiness, but even I'll admit, after playing Saints Row 2...

Ah wait, the Season Pass got you that for free as well, didn't it? Scratch my above comments then...

The map for SR3 seems tiny in comparison.

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
Kalezian said:
Tanis said:
Isn't there ALREADY an open world game like that?

O, that's right, Crackdown.

ha, oh man, that was a funny joke.

Like anyone actually liked that piece of shit game or its bastard of a sequel.

OT: Part of me wants to bash THQ for putting this DLC in the next game, but at the same time, I want to bash THQ for putting super heroes in SR4.

The reason I liked SR2 was it was funny, it had its moments of awesome and hilarity, but it was also grounded to reality for the most part.

There was a good mixture of over the top weirdness to keep it interesting, but not enough that would make you groan at playing it.

SR3 was too over the top, it felt like a fan game whom only liked the silliness of SR2, thus made a game only ABOUT that silliness.

Crackdown was awsome! Not sure what planet you live but whatever.

op: This strategy seems poorly thought out as the already OTT saints row 3 cannot really become anymore over the top without hiting a wall where they cannot go any further.

p.s RED FACTION 1 HD REMAKE PLS

Here's hoping they figure out what made SR2 special, and put it into SR4.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Please go back to more like SR2. SR3 was good, but it didn't have the charm that SR2 had.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Bobic said:
Archemetis said:

The season pass was never going to give you the expansion pack.

'With the Saints Row: The Third Season Pass you gain access to three future mission packs?Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones?for expanded gameplay with everyone?s favorite street gang. And as a bonus, you gain immediate access to all-new costumes and vehicles from Steelport?s #1 television drama?Nyte Blayde. Strap it on!'

Which makes sense, why would they give you free access to a $30 expansion for buying a $15 DLC pack?
Ah, ok, oversight on my part, thanks for clearing that up.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
WaysideMaze said:
I've still not bothered getting SR3. I don't see the point. THey're only going to release some kind of complete edition within a year that includes all the DLC for the same price as the original vanilla game.

I've just checked, on steam right now it would cost me just shy of £80 to get the game and all DLC. Fuck that, I can wait.
If you pre-ordered through THQ's website, you got the game + all future DLC for free. Your savvy consumerism has failed you this time.

Anyways, the fact that Saints Row 4 will be further escalating things means that I will likely not be participating. It's been fun, but Saints Row 2 was better than 3, and I don't want to run further in the wrong direction.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
subtlefuge said:
WaysideMaze said:
I've still not bothered getting SR3. I don't see the point. THey're only going to release some kind of complete edition within a year that includes all the DLC for the same price as the original vanilla game.

I've just checked, on steam right now it would cost me just shy of £80 to get the game and all DLC. Fuck that, I can wait.
If you pre-ordered through THQ's website, you got the game + all future DLC for free. Your savvy consumerism has failed you this time.

Anyways, the fact that Saints Row 4 will be further escalating things means that I will likely not be participating. It's been fun, but Saints Row 2 was better than 3, and I don't want to run further in the wrong direction.
Shit haha. I honestly did not know that.

I'd just heard that they were planning to release an obscene amount of dlc over the course of the year, and figured I wasn't going to pay for it bit by bit.

On the other hand, I probably never would have gone back to try the dlc as it did slowly trickle out. At least this way I get to try it all in one big bundle pack :D Eventually...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I was hoping that SR4 will be more like SR2, grounded in reality without all that bullshit with aliens, zombies, vampires and super powers. That was just stupid. This means that SR4 is already doomed to be dumber than SR3. Good to know.