Enter the Dominatrix Pulls Out of Saints Row: The Third

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Hopefully Saints Row 4 won't be the crushing disappointment that Saints Row 3 was. But I am not hopeful, they seem to be happy with the wild abrupt changes they brought about in SR3 and an almost complete lack of focus and storytelling.

Saints Row 2 had a fine balance that puts in in my top 5 favorite games of all time. SR3 skewed that balance way too far to one side and wouldn't crack my top 25.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I enjoyed SR3, but I'll be the first to admit their DLC (I got a free "Season Pass") was a mixed bag, and the "two costumes and a weapon" offerings have been singularly underwhelming. Still, I'll be happy to see where they go for SR4; there's really nothing else quite like it out there.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I am not interested in superpowers or Saints Row 4 unless the series goes back to the Saints Row 2's, silly but not over the top gangster roots instead of being completely batshit insane.
Saints Row 2 was an amazing game but Saints Row 3 sucked for the most part (they killed Johnny Gat those bastards!).

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Archemetis said:
So, people who bought th season pass with the promise of all DLC can... What? Eat dicks I guess?
The Season Pass wasn't ALL DLC, only the big ones as a sort of pre-order (and later cheap pack). And "Enter the Dominatrix" wouldn't part of it as it wasn't DLC, it was a Stand-Alone-Addon with a planned retail-release. So, even if there would've been any "all DLCs"-thing, EtD would've never been part of it.

Anyway, I am rather pissed about it - because it means I have to wait longer. Of course, the good news is that I save money AND get an even better game. So, no harm done in the long-term. And I still got the third game to entertain me.
Overall, I am good with that (except the "longer wait"-part) as it means even more craziness - and yes, that's what I want and why I didn't pick up SR2 yet as THAT was still too serious for me. With 3, they went into the direction nobody went with the criminal sandbox (who all went the "grim, dark, serious and BROWN" route - get those games if you find SR3 too colorful.)

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Wait... ..did they just cut DLC content to add it into the main game?

All be it the NEXT version of the game.

WATCH OUT! FLYING PIGS!

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Kalezian said:
Tanis said:
Isn't there ALREADY an open world game like that?

O, that's right, Crackdown.

ha, oh man, that was a funny joke.

Like anyone actually liked that piece of shit game or its bastard of a sequel.

OT: Part of me wants to bash THQ for putting this DLC in the next game, but at the same time, I want to bash THQ for putting super heroes in SR4.

The reason I liked SR2 was it was funny, it had its moments of awesome and hilarity, but it was also grounded to reality for the most part.

There was a good mixture of over the top weirdness to keep it interesting, but not enough that would make you groan at playing it.

SR3 was too over the top, it felt like a fan game whom only liked the silliness of SR2, thus made a game only ABOUT that silliness.

Here's hoping they figure out what made SR2 special, and put it into SR4.
Me and all my friends heavily and I mean heavily agree with out in every way.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I doubt i'll buy SR4, I haven't even mustered the will to play SR3 after I played it for a bit then went back and bought and played SR1 and SR2. Mostly because they killed off Gat, even when I had no idea who he was as I jumped straight into SR3, he still was my favourite character. Its really a silly reason, but i'm sticking with it

but who knows, maybe i'll get over it and buy it. maybe.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Zaik said:
Release $30 DLC -> Get complaints
Roll $30 DLC into sequel and release both for the same price you would have released sequel for anyway -> Get complaints

No winning move.

While I'd like to play it nowish, i'm fine waiting a year and paying $60 instead of paying $90 overall.
Yes, it's like the gaming community is not some collective and has diverse opinions and different desires or something crazy like that.

You're not really paying 90 dollars overall, since it's applying to two different games. They're instead homogenising the two, which will mean one new experience over two.

God said:
I'd prefer Enter the Dominatrix to be a stand alone DLC to SR3 really. Superpowers seems more like a ridiculous DLC type of thing. I rather not have the game go more bat shit crazy then SR3 did.

I won't really care though long as they bring back Tara Platt as Female Voice 2.
Basically, yeah. SR3 was already too over the top. As a side deal, like Undead Nightmare, it'd be awesome.

GonzoGamer said:
I feel bad for the Season Pass suckers; didn't they already pay for that?
"Season Pass" was a misnomer. Used to be a season pass would be for all future content. This one specifically spelled out the three it included (and the bonus Nyte Blade pack or whatever).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
xplosive59 said:
I am not interested in superpowers or Saints Row 4 unless the series goes back to the Saints Row 2's, silly but not over the top gangster roots instead of being completely batshit insane.
Saints Row 2 was an amazing game but Saints Row 3 sucked for the most part (they killed Johnny Gat those bastards!).
And they changed Shaundi. I don't mind Action Girl, but she's NOT the Shaundi from 2. So one's dead, one's unrecognisable, and one's...well, Pierce works in 3.

I really want superpowers to be something alternative, not part of the main deal.

I want SR2 with more options and more stuff. I don't want the Saints to have superpowers by default. But it'd be awesome to have it as a side deal.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I don't care how crazy the superpowers are (unless there are over a dozen interesting ones), I'm not bothering with SR4 unless it leaves the NYC-clone setting and packs around twice as much content as SR the Third.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Bindal said:
Archemetis said:
So, people who bought th season pass with the promise of all DLC can... What? Eat dicks I guess?
The Season Pass wasn't ALL DLC, only the big ones as a sort of pre-order (and later cheap pack). And "Enter the Dominatrix" wouldn't part of it as it wasn't DLC, it was a Stand-Alone-Addon with a planned retail-release. So, even if there would've been any "all DLCs"-thing, EtD would've never been part of it.
I know, that's why I edited that into the end of post when someone else brought it up, but you know that already, you've clearly read it. :D

(Not trying to be a dick, just irks me when I've owned my mistake and people continue to try and call me out on it.)

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Not adding much to the debate I guess, but I loved SR2 and 3, and I thought SR3 was THE most fun game of the year. Note I'm not going to dare claim it was the best, but in pure 'fun' terms, it was number 1 in my book.

With any luck, we'll start out as regular guys, and gain powers throughout the game, really, just like SR3, but instead of better guns and cars, it'll be better cars and guns, AND super strength, speed, the gift of flight, laser vision, etc.

I should say I'm totally looking forward to GTA 5 and loved every minute of GTA IV too, but there's room for both.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Kalezian said:
Tanis said:
Isn't there ALREADY an open world game like that? O, that's right, Crackdown.
ha, oh man, that was a funny joke. Like anyone actually liked that piece of shit game or its bastard of a sequel.
Not sure if trolling or serious.

Both games are pretty good.

Zach Gouldener

Nov 6, 2012
Just put the game back in Stilwater and put all the customization back into SR. Then no super powers or heroes and actually focus on a good storymode that relates to past Saints Rows. No overrated silly gameplay or characters. Just make it balanced out like in SR 2. Do like a SR 2 sequel in Stilwater. How bout that?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
So when they say they want to give more priority to the ex-DLC pack in SR4...does that mean it will be part of the main plot? battling aliens in a leather suit with a giant rubber penis?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I miss the crime drama satire as opposed to nonsense giglamagoo that SR3 is.