'Environmental Storytelling' in Dark Souls!

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Hey guys~ Emcee here again! Thanks for the positive feedback on the last Dark Souls video. This time around I decided to focus on how Dark Souls tells a story with it's gameplay and environment, rather than a bunch of cutscenes and unskippable dialogue. Hope you guys enjoy and leave some good feedback. I think people will get a kick out of the intro in particular.

Let me know what you think. Check out the links below for my channel and social media if you want to know when the show updates. Thanks guys! :D

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSwIxTBkr6lL79B8VA9KlvQ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EmceeProphIt?ref=br_tf
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmceeProphIt

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Hot stuff as always man! Particularly love the intro, and your doggo. She's so...calm. Is she trained?

I enjoyed your points on the Crestfallen Warrior in particular. It's crazy when you consider that most NPCs in the game honestly have just as much complexity and subtly. You also pointed out some stuff I never thought about. In retrospect it's obvious that the multiplayer is a big factor, but I guess I never thought of as a cohesive part of the main game, rather just a bonus.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Hot stuff as always man! Particularly love the intro, and your doggo. She's so...calm. Is she trained?

I enjoyed your points on the Crestfallen Warrior in particular. It's crazy when you consider that most NPCs in the game honestly have just as much complexity and subtly. You also pointed out some stuff I never thought about. In retrospect it's obvious that the multiplayer is a big factor, but I guess I never thought of as a cohesive part of the main game, rather just a bonus.
Thanks man! Wish I had the time to talk about all the npcs~

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Aha, There's the new episode! I hate how glitchy Youtube is when it comes to updating my subscriptions.

Anyway, good work dude. Always good to see more puppy. You did a great job articulating how the game tells it's story, and made me laugh along the way. Keep it up! :D

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Been watching the channel for a while, and I must say you're very good at provoking thought on the given topic. You make a good argument on your position and never come across as pretentious (ironically XD ). I think that's my favorite part of your work. It feels accesible without being dumbed down, and it I always feel welcome to debate on the topic. That's a rare thing with youtubers of any kind.

Also you're funny and your puppy is cute. I hope you find big success with this channel dude.

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Overusedname said:
ThereIsNoSanta said:

Thanks man! Wish I had the time to talk about all the npcs~
Little sub series like that, or casual commentaries would be great. If you ever have more time to work on stuff like that, you def should.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Little sub series like that, or casual commentaries would be great. If you ever have more time to work on stuff like that, you def should.
I really wanna do more spin off stuff as the show gets bigger, yeah. Just don't have the resources to spend that much time on it yet.

I wanna do full analytical commentaries of full playthroughs eventually.