Epic losing large amounts of money on the EGS

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Problem with GOG for me personally is its chock full of shit I'm just not interested in. This doesn't make it a bad service or platform - I do own stuff on it - but its my back up after Steam and Origin.
True, because of its anti-drm stance, it tends not to get the 'latest and greatest'. A lot of its list are older games that are setup to work with modern systems. So if you aren't into that or indie games then it might not have as much to offer.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
True, because of its anti-drm stance, it tends not to get the 'latest and greatest'. A lot of its list are older games that are setup to work with modern systems. So if you aren't into that or indie games then it might not have as much to offer.
And you know what? I'm really not. And I'm aware that makes me a kind of pariah because the AAA indusstry is <Pick a Jimquisition episode> but it produces what I like. And you know what, I'm happy to be retard mcpacky pants for my trouble, because fuck, without me who are the indie snobs gonna spit on?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And you know what? I'm really not. And I'm aware that makes me a kind of pariah because the AAA indusstry is <Pick a Jimquisition episode> but it produces what I like. And you know what, I'm happy to be retard mcpacky pants for my trouble, because fuck, without me who are the indie snobs gonna spit on?
Like what you like. No one stopping you. The reason why I don't bother with AAA industry for the most part, cuz they have almost nothing of interest. With that said, I don't play everything indie under the sun. It's called balance. Just remember, I don't want to hear how you didn't have a choice. When you really get screwed over by something from them.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Most of what I play is more indie type games, but I do sometimes just want something with really great graphics and what will probably be a very simplistic story that can just be fun. Well, most of the single player based games I play are indie. To be really honest most of the games I play are smite since. I play at least a match of that every day and there is a battle pass going on right now I want so I tend to do more like 3 or 4 matches a day at the moment.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Like what you like. No one stopping you. The reason why I don't bother with AAA industry for the most part, cuz they have almost nothing of interest. With that said, I don't play everything indie under the sun. It's called balance. Just remember, I don't want to hear how you didn't have a choice. When you really get screwed over by something from them.
Dude, they’re video games. They don’t screw me over because the worst that they can do is be disappointing. Banks screw you over because they have a tangible impact on your life.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dude, they’re video games. They don’t screw me over because the worst that they can do is be disappointing. Banks screw you over because they have a tangible impact on your life.
That's you. Because you know the ins and outs for the most part. What about everybody else that doesn't know, too ignorant, or make excuses to justify their purchases for a shell prices of most of the product. That's the bigger issue. What about all the kids that get screwed over because their brainwashed into using their parents or guardians credit and debit cards without no real understanding of money and transaction. How many of those parents or families fell into debt, because of corporate greed for the triple A gaming industry? How many times have those companies preyed on those with weaker minds or constitutes or gambling addictions? They may not be screwing you over, but they're screwing plenty of others over and you know it.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Worth it to show that they don't let actual shovelware or games that give payment processors headaches on their platform and gladly strip Steam of their options.