Epic Simpsons LEGO Build Recreates Springfield

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Epic Simpsons LEGO Build Recreates Springfield

Matt De Lanoy has rebuilt Springfield's most famous landmarks in a build sure to satisfy even the most jaded Simpsons fan.

Not too long ago The Simpsons took a turn for the LEGO, receiving its own <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131033-The-Simpsons-Get-Even-Yellow-er-With-Official-LEGO-Set>official set recreating the famous fictional family's home in glorious plastic. It was an impressive model that made more than a few of the series' long running fans happy. For some, however, that glimpse at LEGO-fide Simpsons wasn't enough. Some, like LEGO builder Matt De Lanoy, wanted more. And so, as with most stories involving the world's favorite miniature plastic bricks, he built it.

Expanding well past the ambitions of the LEGO company itself, De Lanoy recently released a Flickr gallery showing off a custom build of Springfield including the Simpson and Flanders houses, the Mr. Burns Nuclear Power Plant, the Kwik-e-Mart, The Android's Dungeon comic shop, the Stonecutter's Club and more. Granted, it doesn't cover every nook and cranny of the town, but definitely hits enough of the most popular spots and arguable essentials that any Simpsons fan could be happy.

In fact, as a fan myself(who admittedly hasn't watched the show regularly for years), I can safely say that browsing through De Lanoy's gallery left me with a strong hankering to bust out my DVDs and revisit the show in its heyday. As far as I'm concerned, anything that does that is doing its job. Check out De Lanoy's build and let us know what you think.

[gallery=2956]

Source: Flickr

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I hope all this LEGO Simpsons craze convinces them to make a LEGO Simpsons game.

It's something that needs to be done.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
All that I can say is as I was looking through all the stuff, I was singing "everything is awesome" in my head. Dang it Lego Movie.

I'm always impressed with the things these types of people can do. Getting all the necessary pieces, figuring out which parts they need and how to put it together. I imagine it takes months to years of dedicated work to get it done. I've been wanting to build with Lego's again at some point, but I have so many other things I want to do that it's hard to get myself to do. I can enjoy others work at least.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
"A noble spirit embrickens the mini-est fig" indeed. Well done and quite funny.

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
RaikuFA said:
I hope all this LEGO Simpsons craze convinces them to make a LEGO Simpsons game.

It's something that needs to be done.
Not only would I love a Lego Simpsons game- I would love ANY Simpsons game at this point. It's been too damn long and the world needs another Hit and Run, Road Rage, or any new kind of Simpsons title.