Epic Unleashes The 20th Anniversary Original Soundtrack

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002

Epic Games is giving away 20 years of videogame music.

20 years is a long time for a game company to not only stay in business but also to stay relevant, so it's an anniversary worth making some noise about when it comes around. Epic Games is doing that in a very literal sense with the release of its 20th Anniversary Original Soundtrack, which is up for grabs now, absolutely free.

Epic these days is most closely associated with Gears of War, but this collection has a little bit of everything, from the early days of Epic Pinball, Jill of the Jungle and Jazz Jackrabbit to Unreal Tournament, Infinity Blade, Bulletstorm and Shadow Complex. There's even an "explicit Cole Train Rap" bonus track, although what makes it a bonus as opposed to just the 21st track in the collection is beyond me.

The only downside to the whole thing is that you'll have to grab each track individually, rather than snagging them up in one big, easy download, although I suppose that's kind of a plus for Tyrian fans who have absolutely zero interest in anything else Epic has ever done. And hey, they're free! So stop complaining and start downloading at epicgames.com [http://epicgames.com/community/epic-20th-anniversary-commemorative-soundtrack/].

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Jill of the Jungle? Man, I haven't thought about that game in decades. My dad's friends had it on their computer, and for one summer, I got to play it occasionally.

I know, quite the story.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
This Soundtrack makes me miss the unreal tournaments of 99 and 04. And I'm interested in the Jackrabbit games now.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Andy Chalk said:

Epic Games is giving away 20 years of videogame music.

20 years is a long time for a game company to not only stay in business but also to stay relevant, so it's an anniversary worth making some noise about when it comes around. Epic Games is doing that in a very literal sense with the release of its 20th Anniversary Original Soundtrack, which is up for grabs now, absolutely free.

Epic these days is most closely associated with Gears of War, but this collection has a little bit of everything, from the early days of Epic Pinball, Jill of the Jungle and Jazz Jackrabbit to Unreal Tournament, Infinity Blade, Bulletstorm and Shadow Complex. There's even an "explicit Cole Train Rap" bonus track, although what makes it a bonus as opposed to just the 21st track in the collection is beyond me.

The only downside to the whole thing is that you'll have to grab each track individually, rather than snagging them up in one big, easy download, although I suppose that's kind of a plus for Tyrian fans who have absolutely zero interest in anything else Epic has ever done. And hey, they're free! So stop complaining and start downloading at epicgames.com [http://epicgames.com/community/epic-20th-anniversary-commemorative-soundtrack/].

Cool, I will download this right away.

By the way, any chances of us getting a PROPER Unreal Tournament sequal?
As long as Gears of War keeps raking in so much money, us UT fans can fuck off for all CliffyB cares.

searron

Mar 1, 2010
Andy Chalk said:

I know they screwed it up by not having one song for each year, but I'm fairly certain its supposed to be 20 years 20 songs, 1 song for each year the company has been around.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
Yay! Went and nabbed me some UT music. I actually have a bunch of Unreal games installed on steam right now. Unreal Tournament was the first game I ever played, and the only series from Epic I really did like. Hell, my avatar and name are testimony to that.