Epic vs. Red Storm Paintball

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Epic vs. Red Storm Paintball

Does developing a gun-combat game make you better at paintball?

Read Full Article

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
That's an awesome video....

Go team Red Storm! I absolutely adored Vegas 2.
And I love paint-balling...this is my kind of video. ^_^

Apr 28, 2008
Well its not an Escapist Nerf battle, but it'll do.

Now I really want to go out paintballing...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Epic. Im all expressions of the word. Nice to see developers able to have some fun!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
SpamNEggs said:
What is the Name and Location of that field? It looks like a great place.
Black River Paintball [http://www.brpaintball.com/] is their url. We played at the Raleigh Area Field, which is actually not that close to Raleigh.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
It's interesting to find out the answer to this sort of question, but it seems a bit disappointing. I suppose there can only be so much strategy that goes into a game of paintball :/

And as for the GR guys against the Gears? GR would win, easy. Even if they had the Hammer, there's no way four big, hulking brutes could take down nine special ops ninjas.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
The ghost recon team would win, the gears would never get close enough to use those chainsaws :3

although the Epic developers were a lot bigger...

Still it's good fun seeing developers unwinding together, no petty rivalries as far as I could see. Plus it gets me riled up to do this for my birthday.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
mm paintballing is okay (whoa, I might've been to the BR course before...)

but once I discovered outdoor laser tagging...that became the real underrated shizz (not like the indoor laser tag with pew pew guns, but like the one where you're in the woods and the "laser guns" are like 5-10 pounds...whoo)

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
duchaked said:
mm paintballing is okay (whoa, I might've been to the BR course before...)

but once I discovered outdoor laser tagging...that became the real underrated shizz (not like the indoor laser tag with pew pew guns, but like the one where you're in the woods and the "laser guns" are like 5-10 pounds...whoo)
I LOVE those! Greatest birthday ever I tell you.

Only sad thing was that everyone else took the rifles and I was left with the Uzi replica.

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
This is actually really interesting. I had just gone paintballing with a bunch of guys at a friends of mine bachlor party. There was ten of us in total, and me being the only videogamer. Out of the ten of us, Only 4 of them ever played professionally. I went twelve rounds without getting hit, and shooting everyone else in games of president, teams of 2 on 2 on 2 on 2, 5 on 5, and capture the flag. It was bloody intense, but after it all I was left wondering if I didn't get hit for so long because I learned basic combat playing so many video games.

The four guys who did play professionaly at the end of the day were talking to me about were I had learned to play and everything. They didn't belive that it was my first ever game.

Splitfire3

Dec 20, 2008
Sarmos said:
This is actually really interesting. I had just gone paintballing with a bunch of guys at a friends of mine bachlor party. There was ten of us in total, and me being the only videogamer. Out of the ten of us, Only 4 of them ever played professionally. I went twelve rounds without getting hit, and shooting everyone else in games of president, teams of 2 on 2 on 2 on 2, 5 on 5, and capture the flag. It was bloody intense, but after it all I was left wondering if I didn't get hit for so long because I learned basic combat playing so many video games.

The four guys who did play professionaly at the end of the day were talking to me about were I had learned to play and everything. They didn't belive that it was my first ever game.
well, i think it's no mystery then. The same thing happened to a friend of mine, who always learn the basic combat moves in any new shooter game. He literally powned ass the first time we played speedball in a hall, without any significant pre- knowledge or routine in paintball. Now we play paintball every sunday in a friend's forest, with a self- made track and everything^^

however, i must say that these guys made paintball look like some kinda.. idk.. okay sport, i guess, which is so horribly wrong! It's god damn AWSOME, and i wish they were a bit more Fierce to prove that, to quote mister Funk. We have a game mode called PAINBALL, which basicly consist of loaded weapons, no brain just game and infinite ammo! now Thats Awsomeness to teh max, i'll tell ya :D

PAINTBALL FTW! (And team Epic games for making GoW)

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
So, they just invited you to WATCH THEM play and have fun?
That's just mean, it's not like they are celebrities or professional paintballer's or something.

Sgt AssHead

Jun 28, 2010
Funny video, cool to see some developers chillaxin together! Makes me wonder what CliffyB was doing though...