Erin vs Erin #1

kris40k

New member
Feb 12, 2015
350
0
0
Deathfish15 said:
The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character.
Prosthetics.

The word you are looking for is prosthetics.

Although that does have potential...
 

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
12,531
0
0
Darth_Payn said:
FPLOON said:
I love when you get to create your own question for the security question... because it's not just the answer that you can go fucking nuts with...
So at some point, you will go full Riddler on yourself.
So nuts that the pea is on the longest yard of a mask as the detective of the pet whisperer with the question mark?
 

saxman234

New member
Nov 23, 2011
93
0
0
I'm glad EDA exist. This is now terrifying.
Deathfish15 said:
EDA is a great series.

Critical Miss has gone down hill into obscurity.

This new artist, while "talented", has some major style flaws. The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character. Fingers are weird rectangles in the 2nd panel. All these extra lines around Erin, the computer, the desk, etc. make it look like a still of a shaky camera.

Oh, and the kicker? Critical Miss #1 was in 2010, not 2008 as indicated in the first panel. A bit of research ...(Or clicking the "First" button) could have told someone that. All in all these feels like some major editing was lacking in this comic's push out the door.
Completely agree. There is just something unsettling/grotesque about this new art style that I servery dislike. At least EDA is still fantastic.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
Don't get me started on what a huge dick Past Self is compared to Present Self. Past Self eats all your food, runs up your credit card, and will always leave the dishes for you to do.
 

Jadak

New member
Nov 4, 2008
2,136
0
0
slo said:
I hate security questions. They're dumb and you never need the answer until years after. And it is unsafe to pick the answer that won't change and you definitely will not remember the one that could. And then they lock me out because you've got the case wrong or something. All of this while I still have access to my email. Just the dumbest thing ever.

So, who was your favorite writer again? Like... ten years ago?
Better to pick something that is just intentionally wrong. But do it consistent so you remember.

Anyone tries to trick you by asking what's you're favorite sports team 10 years later, and they getting nowhere
 

Jadak

New member
Nov 4, 2008
2,136
0
0
saxman234 said:
This new artist, while "talented", has some major style flaws. The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character.
lol, Umm... Maybe you mean prosthesis?
 

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
1,443
0
0
Gasbandit said:
Gagh, I experience extreme distaste with the red nose trend that seems to be sweeping the webcomics world lately. Looking at Niall's link, why am I not surprised it is on tumblr, and every single drawing there has the tumblr nose? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tumblr-nose
So freaking glad to find out i'm not the only one who hates people being drawn with clown noses.
 

Gasbandit

New member
Jun 14, 2012
45
0
0
Jadak said:
saxman234 said:
This new artist, while "talented", has some major style flaws. The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character.
lol, Umm... Maybe you mean prosthesis?
I don't know, I'm kinda interested in this glued-on-prostitutes idea. Let's hear more!
 

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
2,980
0
0
This happened to one of my Cpls. He had set his question to 'how many cows are in the field'. This was in reference to a picture on a calendar that was in the office at the time he set the question. - Something that, of course, was only valid for that month, and whilst he was in that office. Many years later, and 2 offices later, he definitely couldn't remember how many cows were in that damn field!
 

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
1,698
0
0
Gasbandit said:
Jadak said:
saxman234 said:
This new artist, while "talented", has some major style flaws. The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character.
lol, Umm... Maybe you mean prosthesis?
I don't know, I'm kinda interested in this glued-on-prostitutes idea. Let's hear more!
Reminds me of the first episode of last year's American Horror Story, which featured, yes, a glued-on prostitute and a guy screaming "Get this b* offa me!"

I always try to stick to a theme with my passwords, or maybe use a random math equation to keep things interesting. The easiest ones to remember are the ones with the most meaning behind them after all.
 

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 2, 2020
2,055
85
53
Country
USA
saxman234 said:
I'm glad EDA exist. This is now terrifying.
Deathfish15 said:
EDA is a great series.

Critical Miss has gone down hill into obscurity.

This new artist, while "talented", has some major style flaws. The whole darker colored nose/ears makes it looked like glued on prostitutes on the character. Fingers are weird rectangles in the 2nd panel. All these extra lines around Erin, the computer, the desk, etc. make it look like a still of a shaky camera.

Oh, and the kicker? Critical Miss #1 was in 2010, not 2008 as indicated in the first panel. A bit of research ...(Or clicking the "First" button) could have told someone that. All in all these feels like some major editing was lacking in this comic's push out the door.
Completely agree. There is just something unsettling/grotesque about this new art style that I servery dislike. At least EDA is still fantastic.
Yeah, I've noticed that whenever webcomics have guest artists there isn't even an ATTEMPT made by the guest to draw the comic in a style similar to that of the original artist's work and this is no different. At least this one's plot and character seem like it actually fits the original.

But yeah, it looks pretty terrible even taken on the basis of this comic and the next's alone, whoever this Niall MacGiolla is I doubt I'd really care for their own work.