Erin Vs The Herb

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
So when is the ETA on the followup to the WGDF that was teased way back last year?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/11537-WGDF

Or was that just messing with people so that there'd be a flamewar in the comments section? Because if that was the plan, it worked.
Apparently, they're adapting it into a movie: It's going to be an origin story about how the WGDF got started and how they banded together.

James Nyugen is on board to direct.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
So, I guess I'll be boring and be the first person to point out that, actually, marijuana isn't a hallucinogen? The effects are a bunch of completely different ones to like your mood and, famously, appetite.

mysecondlife said:
Also "420" is another term for "the herb" (I didn't get it at first either)
4:20, and after a while of it being a tradition, also the date 4/20, are traditional times to consume it, it's not a slang term for the substance itself.

Johkmil said:
Welp, there goes my CM-readership for probably about six months. Too bad, really; I usually quite like the strip. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling North Americans and your drug culture.
Are you serious? Oh my god, what country are you even from?

Enzbe

Sep 16, 2014
So I really don't know about EDA. I could be a very exciting story from a new perspective.... or it could be "CADbortion 2: Return of the Drama".

Anyways, I glad to see a new comic with her hallucinations, it's been a while since we had one of those.
Now if only there could be a new comic with more of her co-workers.

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
Rowan93 said:
Johkmil said:
Welp, there goes my CM-readership for probably about six months. Too bad, really; I usually quite like the strip. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling North Americans and your drug culture.
Yes, I am serious - the six-month-estimation is based on how long it took me to come back to Penny Arcade after one of their strips following the Washington legalisation. It is one of my political pet peeves, and thus I vote with my traffic.
The country is Norway, by the way - that long, fiddly coastline in the north of Europe.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Johkmil said:
Rowan93 said:
Johkmil said:
Yes, I am serious - the six-month-estimation is based on how long it took me to come back to Penny Arcade after one of their strips following the Washington legalisation. It is one of my political pet peeves, and thus I vote with my traffic.
The country is Norway, by the way - that long, fiddly coastline in the north of Europe.
Yeah, I know where Norway is, I'm actually British - in my experience America doesn't seem exceptional for its drug culture compared to the rest of the anglosphere, which is one of the thing I thought was off (also, I rarely if ever encounter people who are actually against marijuana to any extent beyond "it's not my thing" - the emotional tone intended in my previous response was amusement at finding someone with such weird-according-to-my-experience beliefs "in the wild").

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Johkmil said:
Rowan93 said:
Johkmil said:
Someone remind me to start mainlining heroin in 6 months' time.

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
Rowan93 said:
Yeah, I know where Norway is, I'm actually British - in my experience America doesn't seem exceptional for its drug culture compared to the rest of the anglosphere, which is one of the thing I thought was off (also, I rarely if ever encounter people who are actually against marijuana to any extent beyond "it's not my thing" - the emotional tone intended in my previous response was amusement at finding someone with such weird-according-to-my-experience beliefs "in the wild").
The location description was not meant as snark, just me thinking simply writing Norway would be a bit dull.

On a continued note; anyone experiencing hallucinations from marijuana should seek medical help as it is not a hallucinogen, and thus it is something latent in your brain, not in your smoke. Might have been triggered by the drugs, but it is not a side effect that is "supposed" to happen.

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
The Wooster said:
Someone remind me to start mainlining heroin in 6 months' time.
That comment alone probably speeded my return along by several months. Keep up the good work, Wooster, and please do not give arbitrary triggers such as mine too much thought. (I now fully expect "Erin, the Spoon and the Needle" at some point in the future. Please do not disappoint me.)

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Johkmil said:
Rowan93 said:
On a continued note; anyone experiencing hallucinations from marijuana should seek medical help as it is not a hallucinogen, and thus it is something latent in your brain, not in your smoke. Might have been triggered by the drugs, but it is not a side effect that is "supposed" to happen.
My first guess if someone hallucinates from "weed" is that it wasn't actually weed. Like, I've seen multiple anecdotes on Reddit of someone having their first experience of salvia, a potent (and according to most stories, horrible) hallucinogen, when a "friend" gave them a joint without telling them what was in it. But yes, if you hallucinate and you're sure it was just weed, see a doctor.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So Erin still sees videogame characters? It's been so long since this was brought up that I kinda assumed she had gotten over it or something.

Naturally Sound

Jul 30, 2014
Olas said:
So Erin still sees videogame characters? It's been so long since this was brought up that I kinda assumed she had gotten over it or something.
Well, the hallucinations, I'll assume, are a plot device or just character development. Erin is a girl who seems to turn to her digital escapism since her adult life in the work force is pretty crappy as displayed in the older comics. Since the accident, it gives some insight on how deep she can be in video game wonderland.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Olas said:
She did get over it actually(Temporarily of course). It took a while for me to remember it, but in the last story arc, it ends with one of her hallucinations saying to another that they are going to take a break, and that they earned it, cutting to Erin on the bus. I'm pretty sure that was implying that her mind was somehow giving her a break from the insanity of herself.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/9804-The-Knight

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Johkmil said:
i don't understand, you're so against even the depiction of marijuana that you'll quit reading a strip because of it? is that's what happening here?

... why?

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Oh yeah, Erin's crazy. That doesn't really get brought up that often lately.

Also marijuana doesn't cause hallucinations. If you or someone you know is taking what you/they believe to be marijuana and you/they start having hallucinations, it's not marijuana, or it's something to do with your brain.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Whoa, who's the cute bear on her balcony? Please become a regular!

waj9876 said:
Oh yeah, Erin's crazy. That doesn't really get brought up that often lately.

Also marijuana doesn't cause hallucinations. If you or someone you know is taking what you/they believe to be marijuana and you/they start having hallucinations, it's not marijuana, or it's something to do with your brain.
Or it's been laced with something else, though why they would use a more expensive additive and charge marijuana prices would be beyond me.