Escape to the Movies: A Nightmare on Elm Street

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
A Nightmare on Elm Street

This week MovieBob reviews A Nightmare on Elm Street...if he can stay awake long enough.

Watch Video

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't think Micheal Bay directing Halo: The Movie would be a bad idea. As was stated in the Revenge of the Fallen review, Bay seems to have an Army fetish and Halo is primarily about Space Marines VS Fanatical Alien Space Marines...and head-crabs who aren't head-crabs...

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
Didn't expect much from this movie. I resolved not to see it the day I found Bay was directing. Really a shame that Jackie Earle Haley didn't get more to work with. He's been great in his past few movies. Thank you MovieBob on confirming my thoughts on this movie.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Go ruin the Halo movie...yeah that sounds like a good fit for Bay :D

Trailer looked interesting, but everyone keeps saying it sucks, ah oh well, at least its not furry vengeance

Banhaze

Oct 8, 2008
Dammit BOB! Don't go dumping Producers/Directors you don't like onto things that I like.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Is there some clause in the Escapist contracts that require you critics to take potshots at Halo?

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Michael Bay doing a Halo movie... much better idea than Peter Jackson doing a Halo movie...

Anyway, I didn't want to go see this anyway. I wasn't a big fan of Nightmare on Elm St. but I caught wind a few years ago that Billy Bob Thorton was going to be playing Freddie and I've just avoided this like the plague. I also saw a couple of movies from Platinum Dune, like the Hitcher and I was thoroughly disappointed... so yeah... thanks for taking the heat, Bob.

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
Sadly, I think most people saw this coming. Horror remakes have a poor history at best but I'm surprised the deaths are so generic. Since the deaths all happen in dreams there really is no limit as to how the kids are slaughtered. Stabbed in the gut? That is just lazy as all hell.

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
A halo film would be a bad idea. But I was interested in this film series getting a reboot so may see it because of that.

Dreolic

Mar 6, 2009
its times like this am glad I live in England, it means instead of having to see some crappy film this weekend I get to watch Ironman2........again :D

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
Michael Bay doing a Halo movie? Fuck you MovieBob. Now hes going to do it because it'll make loads of money and Halo will be ruined forever. Thanks a fucking lot.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
No, don't recommend Bay doing a Halo movie!

Just the very thought of that is making my brain bleed. Not to mention all the fans will go bat-shit crazy.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
ACtually... yeah! Michael Bay directing a Halo movie would work. A bad director plus a bad video game franchise migh butt fuck the cosmos enough to make something halfway decent.

Yeah, saw this movie, but didn't have to pay for it! Theater jobs FTW! Freddy is the only good thing about it.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I saw three out of four of those remakes (not Amityville Horror), and out of all of them, The Hitcher was most horrible movie. I hated it! That and the sequel on SyFy.

WHAT! Molesting children? Why!? Like Friday the 13th remake, I'll wait until this comes on television.

dehboy

Dec 21, 2009
I loved the review, and I loved more the tag of the video "damn you michael bay".

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
qbanknight said:
Go ruin the Halo movie...yeah that sounds like a good fit for Bay :D

Trailer looked interesting, but everyone keeps saying it sucks, ah oh well, at least its not furry vengeance
I could see him doing it too...all his money, and special effects...Prolly look pretty but be as shallow as the story itself from the games lol