Escape to the Movies: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln gets the Buffy treatment in this upcoming movie.

Watch Video

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
aww I was kinda hoping for a Brave review. But nice to know Abraham Lincoln is a fun movie.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
If i can pony up 4 more dollars I am going to see the this fantastic movie. Thanks bob. What gets me is that i did not know it was a book. Honestly I thought it was a comic in the art style of a league of extrodinary gentlemen(the comic/graphic novel, not the movie)

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
Sounds so retarded its awesome. But Just Vampires though? I was really, really hoping to see a Skeletal General Lee riding a flaming nightmare charging into battle all Ghost-Rider style.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
I went into the movie expecting it to be awful, but I really liked it. Pretty much agree with Bob on most points, but Abraham Lincoln slicing and dicing vampires left and right never gets old.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Glad you liked it, Bob. Though...it was getting bad reviews here in my neck of the woods. The Star Tribune only gave it one out of four stars.

Software issue, eh? *insert obligatory Microsoft joke here*

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I have a busy weekend ahead. This, Brave, and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I'll probably push Brave to next week...

If there is one thing I really love is fantasy being mixed into to actual history so I'm realy looking forward to seeing this tonight.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Glad you liked it, Bob. Though...it was getting bad reviews here in my neck of the woods. The Star Tribune only gave it one out of four stars.
Your neck of the woods wouldn't happen to be South of the Mason/Dixie Line now would it?
Other side. Minneapolis, MN. Apparently, the reviewer thought Lincoln was too deadpan and lifeless. (Ironically...)

CAPTCHA: white as snow

*wisely decides not to comment on that Captcha*

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
GamemasterAnthony said:

Software issue, eh? *insert obligatory Microsoft joke here*
Actually, Bob recently moved and has other things going on. The issue is probably part of that straitening up.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You're... NOT reviewing Brave? Weird...

Anyway, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer... Sounds like a fun movie. Maybe I'll invite my friends to go see it.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brave

I do not need to see another movie with the central premise being "Girls can do anything boys can do!", it's been done to death and I hope Brave bombs hard and this storyline never sees the light of day again.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Dragonforce525 said:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brave

I do not need to see another movie with the central premise being "Girls can do anything boys can do!", it's been done to death and I hope Brave bombs hard and this storyline never sees the light of day again.
Well, had it not been done by Pixar, you might have had a chance at it bombing. It's not going to bomb.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
In other news:

"Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" is a fairly somber movie... but in a good way. It's funny enough to lighten the ultimate punch that it's a tragedy, but not so funny that the fact that it's a tragedy can be overlooked.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Nice to hear you enjoyed the film, Bob. Here's hoping your life gets less bumpy (preferably) in the more immediate future.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I was expecting Bob to give this movie a more glowing review, but good that he likes it. As someone irreversably brainwashed by the anti-vampire propaganda that is the Blade film trilogy, I like the interpretation of vampires in AL:VH & can't wait to see the Great Decapitator in action.