Escape to the Movies: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
"Once you've seen one scene of Lincoln excessively cool kung-fu axe fighting, you've seen them all"- I want to see this movie now based entirely on that quote.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
To be honest I bought the book just because of the title and was expecting a cheap laugh, but it was very well thought out and most surprising of all...kinda plausible. It did a very good job intertwining fiction with historical fact, well at least as far as know having a passing knowledge of his life :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Dragonforce525 said:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brave

I do not need to see another movie with the central premise being "Girls can do anything boys can do!", it's been done to death and I hope Brave bombs hard and this storyline never sees the light of day again.
The best part is that I went and saw Brave, and that has LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO with the movie. At no point were the sentiments "Girls can't do that!" ever brought up. So your angry critique is worthless. Maybe you should go see movies before commenting on the storyline you perceived from a thirty second commercial and a couple wild assumptions.

(For the record, it was totally awesome, and I'm putting up a review on this site later.)

surg3n

May 16, 2011
What is it with Americans trivializing historic figures...

Abe Lincoln was a vampire hunter.
Einstein was a party animal.
Sherlock Holmes was a douchebag genius fighter.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
tehroc said:
Perhaps there will be a sequel. Theodore Roosevelt: Werewolf Hunter, a biopic of course.
Henry the VIII, Wolfman is the released version/

These parody book series things have covered a LOT of ground, yet it's still better than the trend Twilight started.
ReiverCorrupter said:
This is not to say that I want to completely demonize him either; I just want history to be an objective reflection upon past states of affairs, and not a fairy tale that is blatantly used as propaganda to promote mindless nationalism. Guess I've got high hopes.
This is really just a test of sorts, War of Independence?

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
I'd like to see a movie where Mayflower Satanists come to America and the Natives fight them Natives AND win.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Grahame-Smith recently released another book that I will likely NEVER become a movie. Not cuz the book is bad, but because well... It's called 'Unholy Night' and the premise is this 'all we know about the three magi is they were at the birth of Christ bearing weird gifts' Even as a christian, and maybe because of that, I found all the references in the book to be kind of interesting and fun.

2nd thought I assume that this movie

Might gain a bit more popularity? By the way Jesus is assisted by a Luchador... It's also a musical.

surg3n said:
What is it with Americans trivializing historic figures...

Abe Lincoln was a vampire hunter.
Einstein was a party animal.
Sherlock Holmes was a douchebag genius fighter.
Saying Abe was even more than what he was already, many consider him our greatest president ever. I don't find trivializing, I find it was adding more myth to the man, granted it's a myth no one will believe but it's fun.
Einstein by all accounts was a bit of a philanderer.
Sherlock Holmes was not a real person.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Christ, how many films does Tim Burton direct at once?

Surely there's not enough time in a lifetime to direct that many creepy not-quite-horror movies?

=y

May 11, 2012
Yay! Moviebob reads the comments!

RECORD YOURSELF SLAPPING A MAN WITH A FISH

*ahem*

I was iffy on this one but I'll give it a shot. Maybe tonight if its playing.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Ryan Spellman said:
Why is it okay for Hollywood to MOLEST our nation's history. Am I the only one who realizes this?
Considering it was a book first you probably shouldn't place the blame solely on Hollywood. Also you do understand what satire is right?

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I am curious to see how this plays out outside of the US?

And a review of Brave initially probably wasn't as neccasary, those goign to see it, were going to see it and probbaly not watch Bob. Though he reviewed Avengers that was a known, but probably wouldn't sway anyone anyway.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Then of course you have Asylum creatign their red box straight to video movie to confuse people. This time it's Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies. (I also notied tehe pixar rip off "The Bravest" a cartoon and a girl with red hair as the lead, wow that's blatent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFaQYSFLuE

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
YodaUnleashed said:
When the trailer for this showed in the cinema and the titles came up at the end "Abraham Lincoln.......Vampire Hunter", no lie, everyone in the cinema laughed in derison. Then again this is England and such ridiculousness would be fine in a Monty Python sketch but not in a serious fully-fledged movie. I suppose it could be fun to watch and laugh at.
The same thing happened in my theater and I'm in the US.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
This was the worst movie I've ever seen. Completely disagree with you Bob about it being fun, I thought it took itself way too seriously and should have stuck to being a B-movie. The plot didn't flow, the action scenes were repetitive and broke my suspension of disbelief, and the characters were all flat and boring